Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

Hello fellow Beta-Testers,

Here is where we will be reporting any and all bugs found in the beta. Please make sure that you report which faction you will be testing in the campaign in the "1.6 Beta Faction Selection (for Beta Testers)" thread. We don't all want to be testing only the new factions

Please be thorough in your bug reports. State what version of Medieval II you are playing (Steam, disc, etc.), which operating system you are working with (Windows 7, Windows 8, etc). Remember, the more specific you are, the quicker we can find and stomp the bug out.

Here's what Lord Necromancer said in the "Patch 1.6 beta test" thread":

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Necromancer View Post
    ATTENTION!!
    Below is manual wich contain all vital information for testers. Read it carefully.

Mod is NOT COMPLETE And it is in RUSSIAN

Must be installed on clear version 1.5.1

Before installing the 1.6 patch beta update delete two folders: base and campaighn in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps

Also before installing delete "settlements" folder in mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data

Another important thing, when starting a new campaighn, after ending a turn, clocks may tick for a while, dont panic, thats how it must be

Dear testers You all are greatly help us and do a lot of things to our mod. But you can help even more if u will write your bug-reports by certain pattern.
    Why is this so important? If we want to be short, thats so because good bug-report allows:
    1. reconstruct the problem(its not always possible but we must press for it ).
    2. understand, what is the nature of the problem and how important it is.

How to write a good bug-report?
    At first, you must prepare yourself. If you discover a bug, dont run immidietly to the forum and type "its dont working!!!". Try to reconstruct error. Success? Good. If not, then you missed something. Try to remember, what exactly you did before it. Error happend again? Yay! Now try to minimize number of steps for reconstruction, and be shure, that there is nothing unnecessery there.

When you realized what data and wich actions caused the problem, briefly specify the essence - create a title of bug-report. Explain the problem as much detailed and concretized as the title says, but do not make it footlong

Example of a "bad" title: "Everything is freezing, when i attack the enemy"
    Example of a "better" title: "Game is freezing when dwarven army attacks goblin settlement"

Try to avoid frazes like this: "i recruit a unit", "i press the button" etc. Title and steps description is manual for those, who will be fixing the problem, so it is better to say how to "recruit a unit" or "press the button".

Now start to fill the form of bug report:

Create the title:

After that: Detailed description, type here all info about the error - clarify here those details, that cannot be mentioned in title. If you understand, what the deal(used old calculation formula, some extentions missed, error in some specific script etc) - write it too. If you dont know - try not to wonder what it is

Steps for reconstruction - main field to fill in bug-report.
    Write those steps, that you defined. As was said above, number of steps must be enough to reconstruct the problem. Not too long, not too short.

After this actions you must to type result.

If it is necessery type your expectations: what must happend in your opinion.

So, steps for reconstruction can look like this:

Steps for reconstruction :
    1. recruit an army...
    2. move an army from the citadel...
    3. attack another army
    4. press "retreat" button.

Result: general died in batle

Expected result: general must not die in battle.

If it is required: saves, logs, screenshots - attach them immidietly. Ofc, attachments must contain only necessery information, that can help to solve the problem.

Dont forget about "severity" - this therm tells how bug is critical in testers opinion. It is hard to say, how critical error is, but try not to tag every bug as critical.

PS please, after this post, all who want to participate in test, write your email and nothing else.

Please note that the beta WILL require a clean installation of the original Call of Warhammer 1.51 mod, NOT Gig's Easy Installation version.

Here's a pretty good link that I found in order to get the original version of the mod: http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/

I only just found the link today. While I have had no issues in using it (my beta version is working well), if there is anything that is found with this link, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Thank you for reading!

Best of luck in bug-hunting and have a Happy Holiday!

WARNING: The "Plague Claw" for the Skaven does not work and will not be ready for use for a while! Battles will crash immediately when using it, so keep an eye out if the enemy is using the unit.
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 25, 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Semisalis

Default Re: Version 1.6 Beta Test Bug Reports

for first bugs or crashes (english version , clean install )

Minor bugs :

Norsca:

- first boat Norsca has in its main port (and first recruitable in capital) has no icon , sorry cant write its name in cyrillic :/
    - the rebel city just near norsca (when you start the campaign) has High Elves walls during the battle

Khemri :

- 5 missing icons for units of Khemri (elites, slaves, scarabs, pikes, seamen)

Skavens :

- screaming bell , Assassins, night runners,gutter runners,ratling guns ans stormvenin Bodyguards have no icon
    - skavens generals stratmap models are chaos dwarves
    - skaven generals or captains icons are Aztecs or something like that..humans in all cases.

Major bugs or CTDs :

- CTD at the end of turn 2 for Norsca (when loading to turn 3), not repeatable all times, sometimes its earlier or later.

- CTD also at the very beginning after the "ticking of the clock" (for Skavens for example, not repeatable again) ticking which lasts between 7 and 10 minutes each new campaign (is it normal to be so long ?)
    - CTD at turn 8 for ORCS ,during the turn loading time, after Dwarves movement
    - CTD with Skavens at the end of turn 1 during Dwarves movment

3logs there, i dont know at all if i made a bad install or if the issue is the russian language in french/english version or anything else but almost all end log errors are related with "data transgression" and relationshp between factions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ne2fr0l15a...m.log.rar?dl=0 (for Skavens CTD)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y19qhku9gs....log2.rar?dl=0 (for Orcs CTD, scroll up for errors because i just restarted the game after the crash)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v57c11tumg....log3.rar?dl=0 (for Norsca CTD)

-------------

Then i tested with Medieval 2 in Russian and full mod in Russian without anything in english...crash after the clock ticking with Ostland , turn 0.

16:51:57.764 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_INVADED_SETTLEMENT from transgressor faction 1A0951FE against faction 1A097FCA
    16:51:57.852 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <extermination3> fired
    16:52:00.554 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/morning_cloudy_winter.lighting
    16:52:00.554 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy_winter.lighting,,not found
    16:52:00.554 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy_winter.lighting,,not found
    16:52:00.554 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy_winter.lighting,194
    16:52:00.555 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/morning_cloudy_winter.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    16:52:00.555 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_cloudy_winter.texture
    16:52:00.555 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_morning_cloudy_winter.texture
    16:52:00.555 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/morning_cloudy_winter.lighting,,,-194
    16:52:00.555 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 1A09865E against faction 1A097FCA
    16:52:00.713 [system.io] [trace] file open,,170B30A8,4404663
    16:52:00.713 [system.io] [info] open: found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    16:52:00.759 [system.rpt] [error]

-> Same problem "data.transgression"

Then ,another try Crash again with Nurgle this time, turn 11 to 12 (or 10 to 11) , while Rebels moving

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wd7qnu20jr....log4.rar?dl=0
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 26, 2014 at 11:41 AM.

Citizen

I'm at turn 18 with Reikland and I have yet to see any crashes during the AI turns. I might have just been lucky with my current run

I'll test the issues that you're mentioning to see if I get the same results.

Semisalis

sometimes i have no CTD for 11-12 turns with some factions..but very rare. And never passed the turn 12 with any factions without a CTD sadly, most of them in the campaign map during loading times.

edit : i probably failed somewhere about the install since i crashed also with Reikland at turn 2 ...i installed 1.5 then 1.5.1, then deleted the folders ,then 1.6 , so i really dont understand where i could fail. could you tell me how you processed ? i already tried 3 times...
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM.

Citizen

Here's what I did:

1) Download the mod from here: http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/

2) Install Call of Warhammer v1.5

3) Install Call of Warhammer v1.51 patch

4) Install Call of Warhammer v1.51 hotfix patch

5) Install Call of Warhammer v1.51 patch English Translation

6) Install the English Voices pack

7) Deleted "Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps" folder

8) Deleted "Call_of_Warhammer\data\settlements" folder

9) Applied version 1.6 beta

10) Installed the 1.6 beta English Translation that I posted here.

Semisalis

and so ? what about ctds for other factions ?

edit : i reinstalled again exactly as u mentionned it, and it crashed at turn 2 with Reikland.
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 26, 2014 at 03:02 PM.

Citizen

Interesting...

I'll start another Reikland campaign and see what I get.

Could you see if you could get Reikland to crash again and then post the log file before launching the mod again?

Semisalis

This time i didnt get a CTD at turn 2 (i disabled autosave again in .cfg, then loaded the save i took before the first CTD)...but fatal graphic error at the end of a battle vs beastmen near altdorf..turn 7, just after the victory and before showing the campaign map. i'm going mad !

edit : ctd again at turn 8 (with reikland) during IA turn (rebels) , same game.

log : https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcwt3v020x....log5.rar?dl=0
    Last edited by Tyraels; December 26, 2014 at 04:04 PM.

Not a bug per se but possibly a pathing problem?
    Chaos Dwarfs:
    Not able to choose if I ally Khorne or Orcs, seems 50-50.
    Orcs love to send non-general armies to stand next to Gorgoths(?) Tower in the bottom right corner of the map, blocking me moving out, losing several black orcs commonly for him, and eventually his forces rebel.

Tried out Skaven a big because, Why not.
    I assumed as Skaven the player would have some sort of tunnel system between cities, I can't tell if that is present, if there is how does it work I can't read anything.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

So I have encountered two bugs/issues so far. First I installed everything as Holy did but when I try to launch campaign, it just throws me back to the previous menu.

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Here's what I did:

1) Download the mod from here: http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/

2) Install Call of Warhammer v1.5

3) Install Call of Warhammer v1.51 patch

4) Install Call of Warhammer v1.51 hotfix patch

5) Install Call of Warhammer v1.51 patch English Translation

6) Install the English Voices pack

7) Deleted "Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps" folder

8) Deleted "Call_of_Warhammer\data\settlements" folder

9) Applied version 1.6 beta

10) Installed the 1.6 beta English Translation that I posted here.
    Second bug I found is in custom battles, when I choose the plague claws unit in Skaven army, the game CTDs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Melon View Post
    Second bug I found is in custom battles, when I choose the plague claws unit in Skaven army, the game CTDs.
    Already Covered

WARNING: The "Plague Claw" for the Skaven does not work and will not be ready for use for a while! Battles will crash immediately when using it, so keep an eye out if the enemy is using the unit.

So I have encountered two bugs/issues so far. First I installed everything as Holy did but when I try to launch campaign, it just throws me back to the previous menu.
    That's really strange. I don't have that issue. Which version of Medieval II are you playing on? Disc or Steam? And which operating system?

Also, if you could, could you please try and replicate the error, quit the game, and post the error log?
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; December 26, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

That's really strange. I don't have that issue. Which version of Medieval II are you playing on? Disc or Steam? And which operating system?

Also, if you could, could you please try and replicate the error, quit the game, and post the error log?
    I am playing on the steam version and on Windows 7 64 bit.

Here is my system log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/izp4uda78q...m.log.txt?dl=0

Seems to be a script error concerning a settlement not being generated.
    Last edited by Captain Melon; December 26, 2014 at 06:33 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Citizen

Try deleting both your "mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\world\maps" and "mods\Call_of_Warhammer\data\settlements" and then try re-extracting those folders from the beta, again.

Also, check your "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore" folder and delete anything Medieval II related that exists there.

Semisalis

Finally, you tried other campaigns and reikland again ? how it goes ?

Citizen

So far, I ran the Skaven campaign and made it to turn 10 with no crashes. Not on turn 10 nor before turn 10.

I will test the others soon.

A little bug (that's no crash)
    "I lose 10 giants from my unit when I'm going to defend a castle with them ? (happened against dwarves, orcs, and now border princes)"
    they're a unit of 19 (and others units)
    Someone is besieging me
    I'm going out to beat them / or they're finally attacking me
    When the battle begins I have a unit of 9 giants ?!?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I have same problem, but I'm almost 100% sure this is due to faulty installation. I'll post if I find what went wrong.

Customs work great tought, so many new units

Semisalis

i had the same problem at the beginning, its due to maps/campaign folder. When i deleted it as its mentionned,and reinstalled 1.6 : no more issue.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Yes, just delete the folders LordNecromancer mentions in the instructions, and re-install 1.6, seems to fix it.

Semisalis

crash again with new skaven campaign..turn 1 ...

12:05:00.168 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting
    12:05:00.168 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,185
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,,-185
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,185
    12:05:00.169 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,,-185
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/localized.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,not found
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_0.pack,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,185
    12:05:00.170 [system.io] [info] open: found data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting (from: packs/data_0.pack)
    12:05:00.171 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Call_of_Warhammer/data/globallighting/env_maps/environment_sunset_storm.texture
    12:05:00.171 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/globallighting/sunrise_blizzard.lighting,,,-185
    12:05:00.171 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 166EA5CA against faction 166EBA3A
    12:05:00.299 [system.io] [trace] file open,,19E5C720,4487831
    12:05:00.299 [system.io] [info] open: found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:05:00.329 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Guess i will abandon beta test since i'm apparently the only one who crashes...and since i've installed well the mod and no problem with an other one i really dont understand.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast