Thread: Any Dwarf MOS guides?

Default Any Dwarf MOS guides?

I've been looking around and seen a few dwarf guides but all for vanilla TATW. Are there any MOS dwarf guides out there?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any Dwarf MOS guides?

afaik no, you can check here for the full compilation

I have a certain experience with the dwarves, whih kind of question/doubt you have ?
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Sorry for late reply but all i really want to know is what to do in first 20 turns i always struggle starting off as them and fall behind very quickly

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

ooops I just saw the reply today mate, my bad

what do you mean exactly with fall behind? that you push forward against the Orcs quickly and that then they push you back easily?

If so, get more time to build up your economy and so be able to maintain few more troops before going on offensive. IIRC both in the east and in the west you only have villages or towns to take (rebel ones I mean) and then there is little gain in rushing with the Dorfs at the beginning. My most succesful campaign with them was a 50/60 turns of turtling to build myself an economy strong enough to maintain my war efforts. And yes, although they die slowly against orcs, they also kill them slowly.. so you definitely need at least one unit of merchenary cavalry per each army you have

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

^Basically what he said.
    I usually play MOS or DAC and in my last campaign as Khazad-Dum I started with 0 towns!
    After reclaiming Moria I had to turtle for quite some time to build good economic buildings and some quality troops. After that choose your battles wisely. Attack a settlement preferably with high population so you sack it and generate high income afterwards.
    Also. dwarves are in a good position to do this since OOMM have a couple of high value settlements but, discounting trolls, usually a quite weak army.