Thread: the lord of the rings mod for RTW what do you think?

Default the lord of the rings mod for RTW what do you think?

i love this mod but also the other i wonder if anyone is working on some ringwraiths like in the rtw version you know flying specters? for this mod or cant be done on this mod btw im not talking about the 4 age mod i really never liked that one dwarf till the end

Default Re: the lord of the rings mod for RTW what do you think?

PCP has flying monsters like eagles and such, and Warhammer mods have flying cavalry, so it's definitely possible.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

It's possible, exept that they aren't actually flying. They count as ground units, so they can be attacked by melee troops, so personally it's better to just keep them out, and have the Nazgūl as generals.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    It's possible, exept that they aren't actually flying. They count as ground units, so they can be attacked by melee troops, so personally it's better to just keep them out, and have the Nazgūl as generals.
    This has been the argument behind why the idea has been dropped, and that they, because they do not actually fly, can not fly over walls or rivers etc., and IIRC even caused problems when trying to enter walled settlements trough gates and so.
    At any rate, TATW is not in development ay longer, and beside PCP no other mod has cared for it.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tōl Acharn - mighty Dśnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliē Alģ, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

oh but cant deny they look freaking awesome besides its the only game mod of all the lord of the rings games where you got that style of unit well in battle for middle earth 2 there is the witch king but thats not as good as in rtw mod and i never ever tryied to attack that unit with infantry they sweep all of my infantry units away only the archers can hit them i never knew they werent flying and excuse my english

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

You could start by typing in actual sentences. That would help alot lol.
    Anyways, in TATW the Nazgūl are generals with very powerfull special abilities and a very powerfull bodyguard. Honestly this is way better in my opinion than a Winged Rider that isn't even flying.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by giogionis View Post
    btw im not talking about the 4 age mod i really never liked that one
    You monster.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War