Thread: Discussion thread to help fix CTDs that occur, Do to Winning Battles against multiple Armies.

Default Discussion thread to help fix CTDs that occur, Do to Winning Battles against multiple Armies.

This Discussion thread is to help fix CTDs that occur, Do to Winning Battles against multiple Armies.

Questions and comments that I have:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Q1)
    Does any one Know if Third Age Total War has had this Bug?
    If they have, Does any one know how they fixed it?

Q2)
    Just like Q1), Does any one know if this is the case for other mods on M2TW?

Q3)
    Just like Q1), Does any one know if this is the case for M2TW? And if so, Does any one know how they fixed it?

Edit:
    I would insert the crash logs for the last time this happened to me. But I can't get it uploaded with out an error.

----

Edit:
    If your interested, you can also look at this thread here:
    {Help us Find bugs that cause Game stopping impassable turns do to CTDs. Like the Infamous "turn 15" Crash.}
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-15-quot-Crash
    Last edited by Eldren; August 25, 2015 at 06:20 PM.

Default Re: Discussion thread to help fix CTDs that occur, Do to Winning Battles against multiple Armies.

Continuing where this thread left off.
    There is a work around for this bug. Just Read the Post Log below.

@ mehmet233 and Cielo the Pachirisu.
    I hope you guys don't mind that I quote you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mehmet233 View Post
    I don't know if this bug has been reported before but when fighting multiple armies game crashes no matter what if anyone knows the solution to this bug an answer would be most appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Cielo the Pachirisu View Post
    Hey there,

I got the same problem as Mehmet. Fighting more than one army at a time will cause a crash for me.

I believe it is only if you win and the crash happens when the armies begin to backpedal away from the fight. I believe someone's had this before, but I'm not sure anyone has ever posted a fix for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    @ mehmet233 and Cielo the Pachirisu.
    That bug seems to happen when multiple models on the world map die in one/the same battle.
    The Current (Fix/Work Around) to the (fighting multiple armies game crashes) is:

1) Don't completely wipe out or capture their army. let them Rout.
    2) Don't execute or ransom the Prisoners of that battle. Release them.
    3a) Once they have fled to a settlement, attack that settlement and finish them.
    3b) If they skater or join up in to the same army. It is a Good time to attack them. Because the Bug will not happen then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cielo the Pachirisu View Post
    It doesn't do that with Release!?!?! That's all I needed to do!?

Thank you thank you thank you <;~;>. I've had to restart so many times ;;;
    Eldren I must thank you for your answer for I was losing faith in the bug center but if you don't mind I still have the problem. you see when sieging a enemy town or a fort if there are reinforcments game still crashes. Iam gratefull of your answer and I hope you will adress this one as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    @ mehmet233
    Well. this is untested, But...

When you attack a settlement that has reinforcments. Make sure you have some kind of artillery. I'll explain more on that is a sec...
    Now when this happens. You can ether do what I said was the work around for the multi army crash. But if that does not work for it.
    I want you to attack the settlement and wipe out the Enemy reinforcments. after killing the Enemy reinforcments retreat from the battle(Do not attack the city or fort though, just the reinforcments). On the world map. the reinforcments model should die. Then Attack and take the Settlement in the same turn. This is why you will need that artillery I talked about.. Now if the settlement is a custom settlement. Use your artillery to Brake down the Gates, Because the walls for custom settlement maybe undestroyable.
    I realy am gratefull for your answer it worked swimingly even though I had to break my no lost battle scor(just kiding) it actualy worked thank you. (sorry if my inglish is hard to understand)
    @ mehmet233.
    You know I never got back to you on that. Your English is fine as far as I've noticed. No worries.

Default Re: Discussion thread to help fix CTDs that occur, Do to Winning Battles against multiple Armies.

Bump.... for those who need this.