Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Community Patches - Hyrule Total War

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Community Patches - Hyrule Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwyrmwraith View Post
    Can I suggest a change to the Vendetta goals of the Wizzrobes (and any other faction that targets the Sheikah)? It's especially bad for the Wizzrobes though. Hyrule is so incredibly hyper aggressive it's likely to go to war with a Wizzrobe player immediately, which is fine and dandy, but defeating them prevents the Sheikah from ever entering Death Stance, and makes the game unwinnable.

I think it'd make more sense to make their other target Ordona, which is technically part of Hyrule anyway, but an argument could be made for several other factions too. Either way, it's rather stupid to have any faction's win condition be the defeat of another faction which might never spawn at all.
    Or maybe we could alter the AI Sheikah to default to Death Stance?

also, the multiplayer issue I was having seems to have been fixed by moving the game into the Teutonic folder. So if you have issues with multiplayer in HTW, try reinstalling/moving your files into mII/mods/teutonic, apparently.
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

Good news everyone I managed to find a fix for the multiple army crash and execution crash and an added bonus is the captains have pics now not those weird pink blobs, but they are just rescued general pics for now
    Sign the petition to remove the hardcoded limits from M2TW
    https://www.change.org/p/creative-as...t_created=true

Building on general faction wonkiness, some factions wont die lol. Still playing my Darknut campaign where I wiped out the Zuna fairly early on, and yet still someone they are still in the game. They take a turn and even have diplomacy, and yet I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find them. I thought it was a one time thing but then the Moblins and the Gerudo both have the same thing going on. I have scoured the countryside looking for some random army but to no avail. So no sure whats going on there. Also what is the system with mercs? I could recruit Zuna mobile pyramids when the Zuna had territory but now that they don't I cant recruit any more. Same with the Gerudo pirates and such. Just a curious occurrence I noted.

When losing a campaign as Midna I am given the choice to surrender or die. Both options send me to the main menu. I take it this is a bug.

Alrighty then I have a look and add it to ze list are there any other glaring bugs or issues people want me to take a look at, also does anybody know how to increase unit stats via a script? (Trying to get the Zuna NPC bonus to work)

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Do we have a working fix for the stalfos crash and faction selection break?

If it's worth anything, the faction screen ctds after exactly ten clicks.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Alrighty then I have a look and add it to ze list are there any other glaring bugs or issues people want me to take a look at, also does anybody know how to increase unit stats via a script? (Trying to get the Zuna NPC bonus to work)
    At the top of the export_descr_unit file. It says this.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

;
    ; Medieval 2 Total War Unit Details spreadsheet-generated unit descriptions
    ;

;Data entries are as follows
    ; Type The internal name of the unit. Note this not necessarily the same as the on screen name
    ; dictionary The tag used to look up the on screen name
    ;
    ;Category and class define the rough type of the unit. They're used for setting some default attributes and for
    ;determining where units go in formation amongst other things such as tags to support AI army formation
    ; category infantry, cavalry, siege, handler, ship or non_combatant
    ; class light, heavy, missile or spearmen
    ;
    ; voice_type Used to determine the type of voice used by the unit
    ;
    ; soldier Name of the soldier model to use (from descr_models_battle.txt)
    ; followed by the number of ordinary soldiers in the unit
    ; followed by the number of extras (pigs dogs, elephants, chariots artillery pieces etc attached to the unit)
    ; followed by the collision mass of the men. 1.0 is normal. [Only applies to infantry]
    ; officer Name of officer model. There may be up to 0-3 officer lines per unit
    ; ship Type of ship used if applicable
    ; engine Type of siege engine used by unit
    ; animal The type of (non ridden) animals used by the unit
    ; mount Type of animal or vehicle ridden on
    ;
    ; mount_effect Factors to add when in combat against enemy units that have the specified mounts
    ; Up to three factors may be specified, which may be classes of mount, or specific types
    ;
    ; attributes A miscellanious list of attributes and abilities the unit may have. Including
    ; can_swim = can board ships; can_swim = can swim across rivers
    ; hide_forest, hide_improved_forest, hide_anywhere = defines where the unit can hide
    ; can_sap = Can dig tunnels under walls
    ; frighten_foot, frighten_mounted = Cause fear to certain nearby unit types
    ; can_run_amok = Unit may go out of control when riders lose control of animals
    ; general_unit = The unit can be used for a named character's bodyguard
    ; cantabrian_circle = The unit has this special ability
    ; no_custom = The unit may not be selected in custom battles
    ; command = The unit carries a legionary eagle, and gives bonuses to nearby units
    ; mercenary_unit = The unit is s mercenary unit available to all factions
    ; is_peasant = unknown
    ; druid = Can do a special morale raising chant
    ; power_charge = unkown
    ; free_upkeep_unit = Unit can be supported free in a city
    ;
    ; formation soldier spacing (in metres) side to side, then front to back for close formation
    ; followed by the same measurements in loose formation.
    ; followed by the default number of ranks for the unit
    ; followed by the formations possible for the unit. One or two of
    ; square, horde, schiltrom, shield_wall, phalanx, testudo, or wedge
    ;
    ; stat_health Hit points of man, followed by hit points of mount or attached animal (if applicable)
    ; Ridden horses and camels do not have separate hit points
    ;
    ;Details of unit's primary weapon. If the unit has a missile weapon it must be the primary
    ; stat_pri From left to right
    ; attack factor
    ; attack bonus factor if charging
    ; missile type fired (no if not a missile weapon type)
    ; range of missile
    ; amount of missile ammunition per man
    ; Weapon type = melee, thrown, missile, or siege_missile
    ; Tech type = simple, other, blade, archery or siege
    ; Damage type = piercing, blunt, slashing or fire. (I don't think this is used anymore)
    ; Sound type when weapon hits = none, none, none, none, none, or spear
    ; Optional. Name of effect to play when weapon fires
    ; Min delay between attacks (in 1/10th of a second)
    ; Skeleton compensation factor in melee. Should be 1
    ; stat_pri_ex Optional. attack bonus vs mounted, defence bonus vs mounted, armour penetration
    ; stat_pri_attr
    ; primary weapon attributes any or all of
    ; ap = armour piercing. Only counts half of target's armour
    ; bp = body piercing. Missile can pass through men and hit those behind
    ; spear = Used for long spears. Gives bonuses fighting cavalry, and penalties against infantry
    ; long_pike = Use very long pikes. Phalanx capable units only
    ; short_pike = Use shorter than normal spears.
    ; prec = Missile weapon is only thrown/ fired just before charging into combat
    ; thrown = The missile type if thrown rather than fired
    ; launching = attack may throw target men into the air
    ; area = attack affects an area, not just one man
    ; spear & light_spear = The unit when braced has various protecting mechanisms versus cavalry charges from the front
    ; spear_bonus_x = attack bonus against cavalry. x = 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12
    ;
    ;Details of secondary weapons. If the unit rides on, or has attached animals or vehicles
    ;then the secondary weapon details refer to their attacks. If the unit has missile weapons
    ;the secondary weapon will be the one used for melee
    ;If the unit has a primary melee weapon, it may have a secondary side arm
    ; stat_sec As per stat_pri (a value of no means no secondary weapon)
    ; stat_sec_ex as per stat_pri_ex
    ; stat_sec_attr As per stat_pri_attr
    ; stat_ter As per stat_pri If there is no ternary weapon, then there are no ternary data entries
    ; stat_ter_ex as per stat_pri_ex
    ; stat_ter_attr As per stat_pri_attr
    ;
    ; stat_pri_armour Details of the man's defences
    ; armour factor
    ; defensive skill factor (not used when shot at)
    ; shield factor (only used for attacks from the front of left)
    ; sound type when hit = flesh, leather, or metal
    ; stat_armour_ex Details of the man's defences
    ; armour factor. 4 values. First for base value, then 3 upgrade levels
    ; defensive skill factor (not used when shot at)
    ; shield factors. First for melee, second for missile fire
    ; sound type when hit = flesh, leather, or metal
    ;
    ; stat_sec_armour Details of animal's or vehicle's defenses (note riden horses do not have a separate defence)
    ; As per stat_pri_armour, except that the shield entry is ommited
    ;
    ; stat_heat Extra fatigue suffered by the unit in hot climates
    ;
    ; stat_ground Combat modifiers on different ground types. From left to right
    ; scrub, sand, forest, snow
    ; stat_mental The base morale level, followed by discipline and training
    ; discipline may be normal, low, disciplined or impetuous. Impetuous units may charge without orders
    ; training determines how tidy the unit's formation is. Discipline the response to morale SHOCKS
    ; optional lock_morale stops unit from ever routing
    ;
    ; stat_charge_distance Distance from the enemy that the unit will begin charging
    ; stat_fire_delay Extra delay over that imposed by animation, hetween volleys
    ;
    ; stat_food No longer used
    ; stat_cost Number of turns to build,
    ; Cost of unit to construct
    ; Cost of upkeep
    ; Cost of upgrading weapons
    ; Cost of upgrading armour
    ; Cost for custom battles
    ; stat_stl Number of soldiers needed for unit to count as alive
    ; armour_ug_levels Smith level needed for each armour upgrade
    ; armour_ug_models Body for each upgrade level
    ; stat_ownership List of factions and cultures that may have this unit
    ; era 0, Optional List of factions that use this in multiplayer era 0
    ; era 1, Optional List of factions that use this in multiplayer era 1
    ; era 2, Optional List of factions that use this in multiplayer era 2
    ; info_pic_dir Optional. Dir to find the info pic in (instead of faction dir)
    ; card_pic_dir Optional. Dir to find the unit card in (instead of faction dir)
    ; unit_info Info for unit info panel. Melee attack, missile attack, defence

Hope it helps.

Edit:

My bad. You said "via a script".
    I can't help you there. But you can give traits to generals "via a script". So maybe you can do some thing similar to that.
    I still hope the above is helpful.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 07, 2015 at 11:51 AM.

Labrynna's research system is broken in. I haven't researched hydraulics yet, but researching advanced ballistics seems to be putting me in an infinite loop where it completes and becomes available for research again without making cannons available.

Beyond that, though, I think the times on research and construction are in dire need of being toned down. It takes nine turns to even start building Gunners, leaving Labrynna with literally no way to counter Zora Floodmasters if you expand north, because you need cannons/Mechs/Steamtanks to take on Zora missile and artillery units and Floodmasters are, well, a bit broken. Assuming, of course, your economy could handle that. It...really can't. You need about twice that time to upgrade and expand.

I think the main problem here is that this system forces Labrynna, which starts out flat broke (and gets worse before better), to invest time and money in at least five structures which do absolutely nothing on their own just to unlock their best units. It's made worse by the need to upgrade any settlement you take before you can even spend the six turns building a gunnery depot or garage, as well as the fact that their base tech building, again, does nothing, and all their best units are super expensive on top of the terrible economy.

The Zora, by contrast, (because they're my main obstacle right now), can field their entire tech tree in eleven turns. Eleven. And afford to do it, at that. Mutual exclusivity means Labrynna needs at least two (Large towns? Cities?) developed settlements to field both branches, and it takes Lynna nine turns to finish the R&D itself. That means Lynna can technically field Gunners at the same time the Zoras are putting out their entire tech tree, but Gunners get mowed down by Floodmasters in one or two volleys.

That conflict is somewhat inevitable if Labrynna expands north and absorbs Horon and Subrosia, and it almost has to, because the alternative is war with the Dekus and Lizalfos right off the bat, and while it technically has a lot of room to expand, the towns it can immediately expand to have absolutely awful economies. Unfortunately, both Horon and the Zoras like to target Sand Crab Cove, you you're stuck at war with someone, and if it's the Zoras, you have no effective counters to their top tier units, which they're putting on the field while Labrynna it still getting troop structures in Horon and researching.

Tl;dr, I don't think the research system works for Labrynna. It could be fixed in a lot of ways though. Lower construction times on the R&D or troop structures, a better starting economy, folding the research into the structures as "building upgrades," etc. But right now it's kind of crippling.

EDIT: Is there any fix to the Underworld entrance spawning bug? They're not deleting properly so I get an linear increase in general's wages because I have to pay a "bodyguard" for every entrance.
    Last edited by Frostwyrmwraith; October 07, 2015 at 08:37 PM.

Hmm that shouldn't happen, your right economy in general does need an increase maybe start off with some extra cash might help? The idea behind it taking so long is people saying how OP the gunners and cannons were, and this slowed it down a bit, but I see your point.

Well I guess now is as good a time as any to start on the next patch, I think I'll call it version 3.8CS this might be the last one till the next release unless there is some game breaking bug somebody discovers :p

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

• Sort out the Midna bug
    • Include Eldrens fixes after the bugs have gone
    • Look at adding NPC bonuses
    • Fix Labrynna issues
    • Make Mazura recruitable
    • Take a peek and see if making the trait system work again is possible

Last edited by tedster1995; October 08, 2015 at 03:32 AM.

It's less a matter of absolute cash and more a problem of nearly every town in Labrynna having very, very terrible income.

Though, the problem with the tech tree might also be a question of the Zora getting access to their best stuff too soon, as well as some of said stuff needing a whack from the nerf hammer. Floodmasters hit like the unholy fusion of a bomb, a ballista, and a sniper rifle, so they're effective against everything and have very long range while doing it.

I haven't fielded Labrynna's top tier yet, so I can't compare, but I think in cases like that it's not a question of making the units harder to get so much as it's a question of nerfing the units in question. If you delay a faction's ability to field its best gear, you give it no real option for countering the best units of other factions in the mean time. So if Labrynna and the Zora have OP'd units, it might be more productive to nerf those units than to make them harder to get and leave them vulnerable. Of course, that may be more Neph's domain than yours.

Also, can you take a look at the issue of Underworld Gates multiplying over time? It sounds like a small issue, but with a base wage per general of 200 rupees and a pair of gates spawning every couple turns, it really starts to add up and cripple your economy.

The underworld has the same problem as tge mirror, because of how its scripted with characters dying and respawning, using the same name they will just multiply, if there is a way to make a general split of from its army then the problems solved

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

So I was playing Wizzrobes nd out of nowhere Lana decides to make herself queen of the Wizzrobes, and now she is the faction leader and I'm being spammed with adoption request for crappy generals.

That's a problem with the Zola as well I think it has something to do with them having an army on the first turn

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Really? I haven't had that with them, but I will test it out.

Also, when I beat Midna with Zant and exile her I still don't get accesses to her units, anyone know what to do about this?

The underworld has the same problem as tge mirror, because of how its scripted with characters dying and respawning, using the same name they will just multiply, if there is a way to make a general split of from its army then the problems solved
    What about changing it so that generals receive a wage of zero, and their bodyguard has an upkeep of 200 instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostwyrmwraith View Post
    What about changing it so that generals receive a wage of zero, and their bodyguard has an upkeep of 200 instead?
    The Stolhond is still missing it's attack animation I believe. Can some one look in to that an see if it really is?

I'm just looking to see if there is a command that will separate a general from an army, Eldren did you ever manage to fix the bugs with your mount fixes.

Quick update, the NPC bonuses for the Subrosians and Horon is done, the problem with Imp Midna has been solved, the Twili cannot be destroyed unless she is killed. Also the deep mines now work and give a bonus, just waiting on a few things to finish this all up

Yes, but if there isn't, then could you render it so that generals don't draw a wage (but their bodyguards have upkeep) and the bodyguards for the Subrosian Gates draw no upkeep, effectively keeping the cost per general of other generals but not for the Gates? That would solve the problem of increasing costs per replicating gate, if they can't be stopped from replicating anyway.

Yea dont see why not they are both actual units so that shouldn't be a problem

I'm just looking to see if there is a command that will separate a general from an army, Eldren did you ever manage to fix the bugs with your mount fixes.

Quick update, the NPC bonuses for the Subrosians and Horon is done, the problem with Imp Midna has been solved, the Twili cannot be destroyed unless she is killed. Also the deep mines now work and give a bonus, just waiting on a few things to finish this all up
    I have yet to start on the bug fixes related to my fixes. And I may not know when I can work on them. If any one wants to look at my fixes and do some tweaks or what not. Go ahead.