Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Patches - Hyrule Total War

Default Re: Community Patches - Hyrule Total War

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    As SirMark wishes to retire from making community patches after a long career of doing so. So I suppose I will step up and take the mantle I have some questions for you lovely people:

1- Does anybody want me to start working on the next community patch, I warn you now I can't balance stats or costs as that is beyond my skill or understanding, I can make the odd change here and there to improve things.
    2- If people want another community patch would people like me to include the techtree changes I made?
    3- Does anybody have any requests that they would like addressed or for me to look into, bearing in mind I'm still quite a novice when It comes to modding
    4- Does anyone wish to volunteer and help?
    5- Could someone maybe make a list of any bugs or glitches that need to be looked at and maybe prioritise them.
    6- Ages ago I remember someone posted a fix for the crashes that occur if you linger on the selection screen too long, can anyone remember who it was or still has the link?

Any thoughts or ideas. Also if anybody still remembers or cares that I had a submod a while ago consider that dead for the time being, I have lost interest in working on it :/, but maybe the community patch will spark my interest again.
    Sorry I haven't posted an answer to your post.

1) So yes I would like the next community patch.
    2) You should take that up with Neph. If he likes it. By all means, add it.
    3) I would like any and all units that do not have a Melee attack fixed.
    If it's a cavalry unit, I suggest 1 of these fixes.
    --1-- Instead of a Horse unit. Make it into an elephant unit.
    --2-- Instead of a Horse unit. Make it into an infantry unit like the Darknut Bird toops.

4) I could. If I know how to help you. I may need explanations on how to do it. Then I should be able to do it form there.
    5) Sadly I don't have that list. But if I think of any bugs I'll post them.
    6) That's the first I've heard of that. So I can't help you there.
    Relating to #3. I would like each and every faction in the HTW Free form campaign to be a active part of the game.
    Changes:
    1) So like the Stolfoes and River Zora will spawn troop/s at different places each turn or a number of turns. Making them a plague upon the continent of Hyrule. This is assuming that you are not playing them.
    2) Make the Twili Ai use the Portals in the twilite realm to invade Hyrule. Once they have conquer their own realm. But Make them appear in different places on the continent of Hyrule when they do. This way it's like the TP Zelda game. Now the only way they can get back to the Twilite Realm is be making/using a Portal in the Light realm. which is only at 2 places I think. The settlement in the Girudo desert and the Black Tower in Labrina. (I'm purity sure I miss spelled that.)
    3) Make Ikona Work. In other words. If they always die out. with no chance of making an empire. ether Make it possible. Or, I say take them out and replace them with a different empire/faction.
    4) I would like the Wizzrobes and the Shieka to be apart of the Free form game as well. I would say make them do a lot of Covert Ops. Making them have a presence on the world with out them having a lot of territories. So when they are AI controlled. Make then have their starting land. But with an alliance and military treaty with Hyrule. So Hyrule can go past their Settlements and colonise the other side. and not be blocked off. (which is a current problem.). We also could make it so that these 3 faction won't attack each other. If they are AI controlled.. But some sort of rebellion trigger could be added. For a certain time or by qualifications of a certain event.

Quote Originally Posted by probmfixn View Post
    i would like the invulnerability to melee attacks of the moblin demise and beam golems removed.

additionally there seems to to be a glitch with the deku plowers that makes them charge endlessly, during this endless charge they cannot be melee attacked, which is a REALLY big problem for the darknut
    1) For moblin demise and beam golems.... Have you tried using Spear men on them. the reach Spear men have with the Models, should allow you to attack them in Melee. At least for me it does. Other than that. I would say use Ranged and/or Artillery units.

2) Now when I was helping with Bugs on the Community Patches.
    I believe I change the deku plowers from being a Horse unit with no melee attack to an elephant unit with one.
    Which would explain your problems with them.

If we change the deku plowers. I think the only other way, may be to make them into an infantry unit like the Darknut Bird toops.
    Which we should consider for the Stalhond, Dodongos, Goat herd unit of Ordona, the Pincher and shield gohma,(Which Neph was considering any ways.) the Twili Spider Swarm and any other unit with a Melee problem.
    Last edited by Eldren; July 30, 2015 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    @ Eldren

Remember that these traits may no longer apply to the current direction HTW is going, and I haven't touched HTW in a while. Either way, here are my comments.

TLDR: The Gohma seem to have changed from a massive swarm to a focus on monstrous units. In addition, put bluntly, I believe the effort I put into the Community Patches and other matters is not really worth it and I would like to retire, but I see no one else around wanting to help out with HTW or wanting to take my place.

"The Gohma Swarm"

Essentially, all of your points (Absurdly Numerous, High Birth Rate, Diminutive Creatures) can be boiled down to a simple check on the unit file and ingame roster. Currently, the Gohma field larger, "monstrous" creatures instead of a "massive swarm" that the original documentation seem to imply. The only real unit that features large numbers is the basic Gohma unit, the Gohma Larvae. Almost all other Gohma units are larger creatures with a specialized role. In addition, Gohma Juveniles and Gohma Adolescents, the "upgraded counterpart" to Gohma Larvae, seem to have been removed to the game.

If you want swarm gameplay with massive unit counts, it is better to play the Kokiri or the Deku Tribes. The Fairies and Stalfos also seem to have higher unit counts as well, with other factions possibly having a unit or two with a large unit size. Currently, I see the current Gohma gameplay to be focused on "monster units" with the Gohma Larva acting as cannon fodder to occupy their opponents.

Of course, remember that HTW still requires work in the balancing department. The problem lies with trying to stick with seemingly vanilla roots by determining what official documentation is valid for the current direction of HTW, or attempt a balance revamp from an outsider perspective. Currently, I am content tweaking with the vanilla mechanics while Apani works on the balance overhaul in his spare time. I could attempt my own balance overhaul, but the motivation for me to do so is rather lacking. I simply volunteer to help out with HTW because I want to see it succeed, but I am not really getting anything for my time and effort spent volunteering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Maybe just sending me a list of pressing bugs and I can try and fix them when I have the time. If I ever have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    If you want swarm gameplay with massive unit counts, it is better to play the Kokiri or the Deku Tribes.
    I do think this is how the Gohma ended up. It's ironic, the Kokiri were supposed to be like how the Gohma are, with cheap swarm low level units to hold enemies off until you bring out specialized and classy units like the Deku Trees. Strange how the Kokiri and Gohma switched places by accident.
    So maybe to bring the Gohma back as a swarm faction. All we need to do is add a building to the second tier of the possible building options of the Gohma unit building. I would say make it be able to recruit 4 Larva units, and nothing else. Call it a Hatchery.

We can fine tune this idea to get it right. (Nerf or buff) if we are off on the balance or other things.
    Last edited by Eldren; July 30, 2015 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    1) For moblin demise and beam golems.... Have you tried using Spear men on them. the reach Spear men have with the Models, should allow you to attack them in Melee. At least for me it does. Other than that. I would say use Ranged and/or Artillery units.
    i play almost exclusively darknut (so apologies in advance since i cant give much feedback about other races) and darknut dont have range, seige, or spearmen. so the moblin demise is able to slaughter my entire army 1 vrs 10000

its kinda stupid

thanks in advance for a fix on the deku
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

Quote Originally Posted by probmfixn View Post
    i play almost exclusively darknut (so apologies in advance since i cant give much feedback about other races) and darknut dont have range, seige, or spearmen. so the moblin demise is able to slaughter my entire army 1 vrs 10000

its kinda stupid

thanks in advance for a fix on the deku
    There is a Darknut jav thrower. And there is a Darknut ballista. They are both Darknut Dishonored units.

Yea to recruit them you have to lose a few battles, then you can build the Dishonered arena
    Sign the petition to remove the hardcoded limits from M2TW
    https://www.change.org/p/creative-as...t_created=true

i can build the dishonored arena and even the javelins but ive never seen the ballista

also the javalins are a little unreliable so i prefer not to use them
    even then i dont think there should be an circumstance where a unit can win 1v1000. wouldnt shriking them a little make them melee-able? since then melee units can reach the hitbox
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

Using Range units, Artillery, And magic units. Are normally the way to go to get rid of Big Boss units.

Edit:
    I believe you have to loss 10 battles to get the ballista. Just send 1 unit of your choice to go and commit suicide attacks. Repeat as needed.
    Last edited by Eldren; August 07, 2015 at 02:34 AM.

so beam golems, somthing the AI fairies can mass produce, count as "Big Boss units"?

like i said there shouldnt be any kind of situation where a single unit can wipe your army regardless of its size if you dont meet certain conditions.
    F#CK YEAH DARKNUT!

2) Make the Twili Ai use the Portals in the twilite realm to invade Hyrule. Once they have conquer their own realm. But Make them appear in different places on the continent of Hyrule when they do. This way it's like the TP Zelda game. Now the only way they can get back to the Twilite Realm is be making/using a Portal in the Light realm. which is only at 2 places I think. The settlement in the Girudo desert and the Black Tower in Labrina. (I'm purity sure I miss spelled that.)
    t for my requests for now.
    The AI cann not use the portal, the best would be an script wich fires round 30-45 and gives them the abiter ruins and let give the ai there a massiv bost in unit recrutment
    Script for AI Bonus:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

declare_counter is_the_ai

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart not IsFactionAIControlled
    and not FactionType slave
    set_event_counter is_the_ai 0
    end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart IsFactionAIControlled
    set_event_counter is_the_ai 1
    end_monitor

building hinterland_mirrorgate
    {
    religion heretic
    levels mirrorgate
    {
    mirrorgate requires factions { twili, zanti, } and hidden_resource america and event_counter twili_mirror_can 1
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Twili Infantry" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Twili Sorceress" 1 0.9 4 0 equires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Bonemold Monk" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Repentant" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Nurses" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Cannon" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Twili Infantry" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Twili Sorceress" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Bonemold Monk" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Repentant" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Nurses" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Cannon" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruitment_slots 8 and event_counter is_the_ai 1

}
    material stone
    construction 6
    cost 0
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

And maybe adding a kingspurse bonus on top of that?

Has any one looked at the http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1896-Bugs-Technical-issues For Ideas on what to add or fix in the newest Community Patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebilde View Post
    The AI cann not use the portal, the best would be an script wich fires round 30-45 and gives them the abiter ruins and let give the ai there a massiv bost in unit recrutment
    Script for AI Bonus:

declare_counter is_the_ai

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart not IsFactionAIControlled
    set_event_counter is_the_ai 0
    end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart IsFactionAIControlled
    set_event_counter is_the_ai 1
    end_monitor

{
    religion heretic
    levels mirrorgate
    {
    mirrorgate requires factions { twili, zanti, } and hidden_resource america and event_counter twili_mirror_can 1
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Twili Infantry" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Twili Sorceress" 1 0.9 4 0 equires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Bonemold Monk" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Repentant" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Nurses" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Cannon" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { twili, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Twili Infantry" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Twili Sorceress" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Bonemold Monk" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Repentant" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Nurses" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruit_pool "Sol Cannon" 1 0.9 4 0 requires factions { zanti, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1 not hidden_resource america
    recruitment_slots 8 and event_counter is_the_ai 1

}
    material stone
    construction 6
    cost 0
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

And maybe adding a kingspurse bonus on top of that?
    Can't you trick the AI in to using the Portals by Scripting a Fake or real Path. That would lead their armys to the Mirror Portal. And if they stay there one turn they will use the portal like intended.

Edit:
    And for the random places they can appear. We could use the Darknut Script in how it chooses which Mercs they can hire. But it chooses which place they will appear at instead.
    And just like the river Zora Script we can set up which places they can appear.
    Last edited by Eldren; August 13, 2015 at 12:17 PM.

I think Stallord should be a Common Hero/boss unit for the Stolfos. The only way to gain one is to excavate the ruins.

I still think a good method is just to have it join you as a general after the stalls capture Arbiters grounds, I beliveve that makes sense lore wise, having more than one i think would make the zombies a bit too overpowered.

So I'm almost done with my new Zola coding, but I had to start again because somehow and I don't know how exactly but I managed to remove them from the game completely

Still looking for some volunteers

AAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!.
    The normal ways to code stuff aren't working!!

@ tedster1995
    Can you please give me a hand.

These units don't have a Melee attack.
    --
    dodongo
    pincergohma
    mount_shieldgohma = Shield_Gohma
    elder_goat
    battlecrab3 = Archer_Battlecrabs
    spider_swarm
    --
    Can you turn them into elephant units? That should fix their Melee Problem. Unless they don't have a Melee animation?

Next.
    These units also don't have a Melee attack. But they are infantry. Meaning their current animation doesn't have a Melee attack. So I was hoping you would change out their animation for the Deku Plowers animation. And give them A speed boost to compensate. Hopefully that will fix them.
    --
    Ordon_Goat = Shepherd_Flock
    Stalhound
    --
    There is one last thing. Can you give me a Spare copy of the descr_mount File. I changed my and Broke it. And now no matter what I do. It wont work.
    Last edited by Eldren; August 19, 2015 at 07:41 PM.

Sorry for my out burst. I really would like some one to take a try at what i was trying to do. I'm still having trouble on my end.
    It my just be my PC. I'm hoping it's not the game it's self. Any one care to try his/her luck?

I think Stallord should be a Common Hero/boss unit for the Stolfos. The only way to gain one is to excavate the ruins.

My codes these work
    edu

type Stallord
    dictionary Stallord ; Elephants
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_none
    banner holy main_none
    soldier invisible, 100, 1, 1
    mounted_engine armogohma_eye
    mount stallord
    mount_effect horse +4, camel +2
    attributes hardy, can_withdraw, frighten_foot, frighten_mounted, very_hardy, unique_unit
    formation 7, 11, 13,16, 1, square
    stat_health 1, 6
    stat_pri 1, 1, noproj, 2, 2, siege_missile, artillery_mechanical, piercing, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr ap
    stat_sec 30, 15, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_simple, piercing, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr area, launching, ap
    stat_pri_armour 10, 7, 10, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 5, 0, 0, 0, 7, 0, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour 10, 7, metal
    stat_heat 0
    stat_ground 0, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental 9, normal, trained, lock_morale
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 2500, 0, 400, 400, 1000, 1, 999999
    armour_ug_levels 0
    ownership stalfos
    era 2 stalfos
    info_pic_dir stalfos
    card_pic_dir stalfos
    ;unit_info 10, 16, 12

EDB

{
    religion heretic
    levels mirrorgate
    {
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Stallord" 1 1 1 0 requires factions { stalfos, }
    }
    material stone
    construction 6
    cost 0
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

That how i did at some of there unique units in the game so the faction could use them witout being overpoverd

Okay so after a little bit of sun and relaxation I'm ready to make some patches

So this is what I'm planning:

- Working on a script to have the whole coming back from Termina thing, possibly do so for both units and heroes
    - Give Ikana a bigger starter army a popular request
    - Do the same with the Zola because they struggle (when they are the player I mean)
    - look at balancing economies so the Zola and Ikana don't go broke in the first few turns (not sure how mind)
    - Fix the Maku tree texture
    - Remove un localised placement texts
    - Implement the Sheikahs absorbing cash when they are in Shadow stance as talked about in their description
    - Make it so the Wizzrobe actually give cash to Hyrule if they give them Vigjaro, might consider giving them an alliance as well, and give them bad relations if Hyrule refuses
    - Try and fix the Zola spawn so it doesn't crash and they actually appear
    - Implement the Plowers fix somebody made
    - Try to make it so the Sheikah and Zants Generals actually can be recruited
    - Remove empty rebel settlements
    - look to see if I can fix the infamous multiple army crash

I'm also planning a few other things but waiting for Nephs approval:

- Improved traits for Heroes
    - Slight improvements to tech tree and implement the extended tech tree I made a while back for the last version

I also know that there are problems with certain mounts not having me lee attack, if anybody knows how they would go about fixing that then by all means have a go I know Eldren has looked into it, have you made any progress?

So there you go plans to carry on the great work of SirMark, what does everyone think? Too much? Not enough?

@tedster1995 .
    Sadly I have not had any luck with making those units which have no melee attack, in to ether infanty(Like the fokka knights) or in to Elephents, instead of riderless cavalry. I believe if we do one or the other. they will be fixed. But again. I'm having trouble with simple coding these days, and I'm not sure why I'm not getting any where.
    Also some of those units are not "cavalry with no rider". Like the Stalhoonds are infantry, but they still have no melee attack. So for units like them. we need to check there model and animation for errors, bugs, or missing features.

The list looks great. But I would add a balance pass that a few friends of mine are working on.
    Here are there profile names.
    Senaron
    and Nuphar

So you can talk to them about their balance pass they are working on for HTW.
    And see if it is good enough for the Community Patches.
    Last edited by Eldren; September 24, 2015 at 10:49 AM.

I think that would be something to ask Neph but he has said a few times he wouldn't mind some help with balancing

@tedster1995.
    How is the next Community Patch coming along? Do we have a possible time when it may come out?