Thank you

Default Re: Community Patches - Hyrule Total War

No problem

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Tedster1995, you are amazing.

Is there a fix planned for the various "boss" heroes whom have a tendency to die in autoresolve? Off the top of my head Veran, Onox, and Una have a very bad habit of this, likely due to being flagged as "single" or very small unit sizes. Conversely, I've experienced the issue of various bosses being insanely overpowered in autresolve and able to wipe out entire armies, such as the Gohma matriarch- she wiped out half a full stack of Mighties and dishonored/doomknockers led by Senturon (sieging Moruge) in my Darknut campaign, with only a single Gohma larvae unit. I think there needs to be some sort of middle ground reached....

Thanks very much , but I was only adding in more of Nephs stuff no biggie really.

as for the auto resolve I think that has always been a problem with one man units and I don't know if its fixable at all its just a problem that won't go away I think :/

@Tedster1995
    Neph has fixed a number of them I believe.

@Tester1995
    I think i got the EXP bonus to work
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

building lizal_gods
    {
    levels liz_stand liz_dyna liz_vol liz_gar liz_jea liz_tri liz_pan
    {
    liz_stand requires factions { lizalfos, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_3
    {
    capability
    {
    }
    material wooden
    construction 1
    cost 500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    liz_dyna
    liz_vol
    liz_gar
    liz_jea
    liz_tri
    liz_pan
    }
    }
    liz_dyna requires factions { lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 3
    retrain_cost_bonus bonus 2
    recruit_pool "Finder" 0 0.001 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    recruit_pool "Rivrunner" 0 0.001 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    recruit_pool "Song Sayers" 0 0.001 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    recruit_pool "Aeralfos" 0 0.001 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    liz_vol requires factions { lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 3
    recruit_pool "Bird Catchers" 0 0.1 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, } ;because the lizafos have only one unit of this type
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    liz_gar requires factions { lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 3
    recruit_pool "Treehopper" 0 0.1 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    liz_jea requires factions { lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 3
    recruit_pool "Helmasaur Riders" 0 0.1 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, } ;because the lizafos have only one unit of this type
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    liz_tri requires factions { lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 3
    recruit_pool "Dinalfos" 0 0.001 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    recruit_pool "Darkhammers" 0 0.001 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    recruit_pool "Iguanalfos" 0 0.001 0.001 3 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 1500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    liz_pan requires factions { lizalfos, }
    {
    capability
    {
    law_bonus bonus 3
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    }
    material stone
    construction 2
    cost 1500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

There are 3 things I would like to have added in to the community patch, Or some thing like them for the same purposes.

1)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    For those who are having trouble with religious unrest as the Labrynna Regime. I'll tell you how you can make a anti-religious building to counter it.

First step.

First you need to go to the "export_buildings" file. fond in your mod/HTW/data/text.
    Look for this in that file.
    {gohma_mind_node_name} Hive Extension
    {mind_node} Mind Node
    {mind_node_desc} Mind Nodes extend the will of the Gohma across vast distances and help maintain their coodination and efficiency.
    {mind_node_desc_short} Mind Nodes extend the will of the Gohma across vast distances and help maintain their coodination and efficiency.
    Now add this just under that last line above.
    {mind_node_labrynna} Schools
    {mind_node_labrynna_desc} A place of learning for the People. That teaches life skills and other useful things to the masses. Including the belief that everything can be explained through science and that nothing is out of reach.
    {mind_node_labrynna_desc_short}A place of learning for the People. That teaches life skills and other useful things to the masses. Including the belief that everything can be explained through science and that nothing is out of reach.

Second step.

Next you need to go to the "export_descr_buildings" file. fond in your mod/HTW/data.

Look for this in that file.
    building gohma_mind_node
    {
    religion pagan
    levels mind_node
    {
    mind_node requires factions { gohma, }
    {
    capability
    {
    religion_level bonus 2
    amplify_religion_level 1.5
    law_bonus bonus 2
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus 1
    population_health_bonus 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }
    Make it look like this. I put the changes in red.
    building gohma_mind_node
    {
    religion pagan
    levels mind_node
    {
    mind_node requires factions { gohma, labrynna, }
    {
    capability
    {
    religion_level bonus 2
    amplify_religion_level 1.5
    law_bonus bonus 2
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus 1
    population_health_bonus 1
    }
    material stone
    construction 1
    cost 500
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

If you did it right. Labrynna should have a new building that they can build. Called Schools.

Now enjoy having less or no religious unrest as the Labrynna Regime.

Cheers.

2)

Can we have an event counter added in to the game that makes it so if 50-60% of all Settlements you own are of a different religion then your faction's religion (but the % is of the same religion). A pop-up appears asking if you want to change the state Religion to the one the masses follow.

For example:
    You are the Zora Dominion who's State religion is Goddess acknowledgement. But Hyrule (who is Strict Goddess Worship) sends over a lot of Priestesses to convert your populace.
    Once your populace from your settlements reaches on average 50-60% Strict Goddess Worship. that pop-up appears.
    If you press "yes". Then you don't get religious unrest any more from the Settlements that have the 50-60% Strict Goddess Worship.
    But any settlement still clinging to Goddess acknowledgement, will now have religious unrest. Because You have changed the state Religion.

3)

Lastly I would like it when Ikona Appears on the would map. That their Settlement gets Population added to it, And a Population boost, to reflect the Migrating masses from Termina.
    Also for their Settlement they should get a Religion Conversion Boost from the New Population and because that the local Population can't deny the power of Ikona and their Deity. So some will convert out of Awe, Others out of Fear. But don't make it a Full 100% Conversion. Unless you think that is appropriate.

@ all.
    So what do you guys think?

@ tedster1995 & SirMark9
    Do you think all of these ideas can be implemented? And do you think we should?

@ UndyingNephalim.
    Do you think you will possibly implement these ideas and the other ideas/changes from the Community patches in to your official Game?
    Last edited by Eldren; April 15, 2015 at 12:32 PM.

@Eldren
    I know that the population boost is possible, I did give their termina fissures a population boost as well as give the majora idols they build a big religion boost as well but yea it would only require a very simple code in the script.

As for the conversion I have tried to implement that into my submod, but I have yet to find a way to measure a regions religion without it causing problems, I'm sure it's possible in some way, seeing as the Wizzrobe can convert cities with religion.

I found a Bug.
    The wizrobes conjurers(Well the Chillfos under there command) have the wrong Texture.
    There supposed to look like chillfos that are made of ice. Like the ones from TP.

Hay Guys. Can you please read this below.
    It's the Faction Description for the Gohma in HTW.

IMPERIAL_CAMPAIGN_GOHMA_DESCR}
    Main Color: Acid Green\n
    Religion: No Deity Worship\n
    Culture: Collective Hive\n
    Rival Factions: Kokiri, Huskus Remnants\n
    Cordial Factions: None\n
    \n
    Strengths, Weaknesses, and Abilities:\n
    - Absurdly Numerous: The Gohma are large in number and can assemble more soldiers then most other races in Hyrule.\n
    - Hive Mentality: Gohma will fight to the death as long as a superior is present, though they will flee in terror if such a superior is killed in combat.\n
    - High Birth Rate: Gohma are able to produce basic soldiers from any structure they build in the campaign.\n
    - Diminutive Creatures: The Gohma are small arachnids that can be easily smashed with a well placed blow.\n
    \n
    The Gohma are a very ancient race that once dominated a majority of Hyrule, and while there is no leftover proof they claim to have existed long before the Hylians and even the ancient Darknuts. True or not, the Gohma are at the very least as old as the Hylians and are found as antagonists in the historical and religious texts of many races. The Gohma themselves are an arachnid species that thrives in swamps and otherwise dark and damp places. They feast on all manner of both living and dead things and are known for hunting down unaware people in the night. It is commonly believed that all Gohma are mentally linked to each other, and that calling any lone Gohma an individual would be inaccurate. Each Gohma operates more like a disembodied hand or appendage to a greater mind that controls their race. Whatever the case may be, their objective is very clear: expand and consume. Their desire of manifest destiny reflects in the armies; overwhelming numbers are the preferred tactic of their kind. Alone a single Gohma is weak, frail, and insignificant. In large swarms they are a terrible force that can bring down the largest of foes when working in unison. As such a Gohma army must be more concerned with surrounding and outmaneuvering an enemy army rather then facing them head on. The Gohma are masters at getting the upper hand in positioning, and when they surround a foe it's very easy for the enemy to want to make a run for it rather then stand and fight against an endless tide of spiders. A properly managed Gohma swarm is one of the most powerful combatants that an unfortunate army may face.

Now every thing that is in red. Can we please make it true.
    Other wise, change it to mach the current Gohma Faction.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

So all we need to do to make it true is this... I think....
    1)
    - High Birth Rate: Gohma are able to produce basic soldiers from any structure they build in the campaign.\n
    2)
    And decrease the replenishment rate for all the other/larger Gohma units.

Now SirMark9 and UndyingNephalim. Please don't ignore me on this.
    Last edited by Eldren; April 15, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

@ Eldren

I would give a detailed reply on everything, but right now I am absolutely swamped with university work. I am far behind schedule and got to defend my Thesis within 24 hours as well as write at least an 8 page draft within 48 hours of this post. In addition, there is a group project I need to show up for, film a "fake" commercial, and a ton of other matters.

I will likely not be available until the 2nd week of May. As such, I cannot spare the time to work on Community Patches for Hyrule Total War at the present.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Excuse me,

How would I go about installing the Community Patch? I've done this before so I have a general idea of what I need to do, but I'm wary of ruining my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo the Pachirisu View Post
    Excuse me,

How would I go about installing the Community Patch? I've done this before so I have a general idea of what I need to do, but I'm wary of ruining my game.
    Try extracting the 'Hyrule' bit of the patch file into the [...] \Medieval II Total War\mods. (if your copy of HTW isn't called 'Hyrule' in your mods, then rename the folder in the patch to match it)

You'll know it's worked when it asks to replace 7 files.

Welcome to the HTW forum, by the way.
    Taram Chalco - Elizabeth Westcliffe - Kesaris - Erika Homewood - Kalian Benton Galhansen

--The Infinite Notebook of Perpetually Unfinished Squirrel Sketches--

Thank you. I've been coming her for years now, it's good to be able to finally say something . Also, I see that you like squirrels as much as I do XD.

And, thank you, I believe I did it correctly.

Windrider37's Avatar Centenarius

Hmm...got the patch installed and stuffs mostly working, except for the Ikana EXP boost. the boost is showing up in the recruitment screen, but when i actually recruit them, the EXP boost is gone. Any ideas?
    My Skype and steam name is Windrider37 on both. I love chatting and playing games if someone would like to do either ^.^

I may have found another way to add in EXP bonuses from the Lizalfos statues from this little line of text

recruits_exp_bonus 1
    archer_exp_bonus 1
    cavalry_exp_bonus 1
    heavy_cavalry_exp_bonus 1

I believe that would make it work perfectly

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Well, at last I'm done with university work for the spring semester, so I should be free until the fall semester starts up.

I'll see if I can get around and start working a bit on the HTW Community Patches again, but right now a part of me wants a vacation and to focus on the story I am writing. Essentially, I now got free time, but may not spend it working on HTW 24/7.

Hopefully I can get out a new community patch before the end of May. We'll see.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    Well, at last I'm done with university work for the spring semester, so I should be free until the fall semester starts up.

I'll see if I can get around and start working a bit on the HTW Community Patches again, but right now a part of me wants a vacation and to focus on the story I am writing. Essentially, I now got free time, but may not spend it working on HTW 24/7.

Hopefully I can get out a new community patch before the end of May. We'll see.
    Remember this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    @ Eldren

I would give a detailed reply on everything, but right now I am absolutely swamped with university work. I am far behind schedule and got to defend my Thesis within 24 hours as well as write at least an 8 page draft within 48 hours of this post. In addition, there is a group project I need to show up for, film a "fake" commercial, and a ton of other matters.

I will likely not be available until the 2nd week of May. As such, I cannot spare the time to work on Community Patches for Hyrule Total War at the present.
    When might I get that detailed reply?