The rebellion in Judea ongoing
    and other provinces have began thinking
    about their own freedom.
    Who will rule the Empire?
    And who will leave it?

By: ghsi011

Beta version is out!
    most of the features are done and working, with the absence of
    the unit upgrade system, aor version and a few smaller features.
    once these are complete the mod will enter full release.

update 12.2.15

-fixed crash issue

Download - 24 turns per year (recommended)

Download - 4 turns per year

to install place the file in your data subfolder which is inside rome 2 installation folder and
    activate in mod manager.

steam version - 24 tpy (recommended)

4 turns per year(steam)

About the mod:
    This mod is an historical recreation of events in the years 66 - 73 AD.
    It focuses on the first Jewish-Roman war AKA "The Great Revolt" and the Roman civil war which followed the suicide of
    emperor Nero in 68, also known as "The Year Of The Four Emperors"

screenshots:[SPOILER]
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

new screenshots of upcoming units! by (modder) noob4ever

civil war mechanic:
    In order to make the Roman civil war more realistic and immersive I did the following:
    1) Removed garrisons from all Roman buildings except province capital cities.
    2) Added new military subchain named "Loyal Garrison" total of 3 levels with increasing amount of
    garrison units and the ability to train legionaries from level 2.
    3) Added the new buildings (level 1 and 2) to some of the border (roman-not roman borders only) settlements to make sure the empire is not left completely open to invasions (it is still weakened as it should be)

Progress report:

1)Finished victory conditions.
    2)Added fleets names- for instance: Jonah's Whale, Noah's Ark,...(and more) any suggestions for both army and navy names will be gladly accepted
    3)Completely finished the Loyal Garrisons system, Including adding them to some of the border settlements at the beginning of the campaign (Tyros,Sumosata,Thapsacus,Amaseia,Trapezos,Odessos,Treverorum,Bavay,Iska and Sleaford).

older
    1) Jewish names have been added for both generals and armies.
    2) Historical characters added (not finished yet):
    Hanan Ben Hanan - The Leader of the Jewish rebellion, belongs to the moderate group.
    Eleazar Ben Simon- Zealot general.
    Rabban Yochanan Ben Zakkai - Jewish Rabbi one of the most influential and important characters after the distraction of the temple. (10.1.15)
    Marcus Salvius Otho Caesar Augustus- Roman Emperor and general (starts in Rome).
    Aulus Vitellius Germanicus Augustus - Roman Emperor and general (starts as rebel in Germany, has Gaul and Briton too)
    Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus - Roman Emperor and general (Starts with the eastern regions dealing with the Jewish revolt)
    Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus (the son) - Roman Emperor and general (Starts as general under his father, dealing with the Jewish revolt)
    3)Roman Garrisons (credit to Linke)
    removed all roman garrisons except those in cities and added a new 3 levels building subchain called "Loyal Garrisons" upgradable from the level 1 military.
    in game description: This garrison is taken directly from the legions loyal to their Roman faction and will fight to the death against the other Roman generals.
    the campaign will start with a few of these by the borders of the roman empire (not between the roman factions) and of course the Roman generals will be able to build these wherever they want, but it will cost them.
    this is done to make the civil war more like it actually was- where only those loyal enough to one side or another will actually fight.(i might make a standalone mod of this for the Imperator August campaign pack
    when i am done with this mod. again credit to Linke ).
    4)new units are worked on by noob4ever.
    Flags for the Roman factions! (10.1.15)
    5)coming soon!

Buildings:

The Holy Temple II

Yeshiva subchain (religious)
    Yeshiva Yard-I The Yeshiva was a place for the Rabbi to teach his students...it didn't matter how it looked.

Yeshiva Study-II The students in the Yeshiva learned in pairs in what was called the chavruta, learning from each other as much as from the Rabbi.

Yeshiva House-III The rabbis and their students usually belonged to one of the three main religious, cultural and political currents in the jewish people. The Pharisees the Sadducees and the much smaller Essenes. They were in almost constant conflict between themselves in the three areas mentioned.

Yeshiva Hall-IV The Yeshiva Hall was used by the Rabbi and his students as a classroom and a meeting place.
    all have slightly modified Athena subchain effects (might change a few according to need and historical accuracy)

Mikveh subchain - city water (instead of fountains)
    (subterranean aqueduct-I)
    Mikveh-II The Mikveh is a pool of water used for regular purification customs for man and women

MIkveh Pools-III One of the most jewish things in the greek palaces of the hasmonean dynasty was the many mikvehs inside.

Mikveh Net-IV "Yes I sew her in the mikveh, you better hurry!" "Toda...wait! which one?"
    (same effects)

What, in short will this mod do?:
    Using the Imperator Augusts campaign pack,
    the mod will completely overhaul the expense of the Roman empire (69 AD) splitting it's territories
    between the three left claimers to the imperial throne: Otho, Vitellius, and
    Vespasianus.
    as well as add all the work already done by me and others,
    on my mod: KOJ-Judea overhaul, for the Jewish rebels,
    with the addition of new content specific to this mod.
    Also all the factions swallowed by the Roman Empire (that were in IA) will be able to rebel like the Jews during the course of the campaign.

Stage in development

Major- Complete:
    1) All the roman territories have been split between the three roman factions.
    2) Most of the content needed for the Jewish rebels is already done and heavily playtested in KOJ.
    3) Starting armies location.
    4) Look at the progress report above.(10.1.15)
    5) Flags for the Roman factions. (10.1.15)

Major- Yet To Be Complete
    2)Units unique to The Great Revolt.
    3)Character models for the historical characters.

Suggestions by the community:
    1)Add the Batavian rebellion 69-70 AD(by Jezza93 )

If you want to help just write below!

Last edited by ghsi011; February 12, 2015 at 10:06 AM. Reason: fixed crash

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Great Revolt and The Year Of The Four Emperors - new campaign

Though not a modder, I hope this mod lives to see the daylight!!!!!!!

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Great Revolt 69 AD

Looks great I have, even started, considered this era a mod myself.
    How are you going to represent the three generals gaining victory?
    What role will the SPQR nonpartisan provinces play?
    What of Rome itself, will seizing the capital make you emperor, even if that is temporary? Can you play on after victory, into reigns of Titus etc? I really want a Principate mod, guard my limes
    against attack by placing the correct legions. The occasional punative expedition into Germannia or invasion of Parthia.
    I look forward to the results.

I am afraid I don't have the knowledge to do most of what you describe and so I can't answer some of your questions.
    but don't take your hopes down this mod will be amazing! and it progresses fairly well too(about 60% done). I expect to get an early version out soon.
    as to what i can answer:
    Each general will get a part of the Roman Empire as described above. Vitellius starts at war with Otho who is emperor. and Vespasianus who is dealing with the Jewish rebellion is neutral to the roman conflict(historically accurate).
    the same mechanism for victory that applied for the IA campaign roman factions remains in this campaign.
    You can play on after victory.
    i hope that answers your questions if you want to suggest an idea or ask any other questions i will be happy to help , so long as these remain inside land of practicality. thanks for your support!

I look forward to it.
    There are a few named legion mods I think, with correct aor, on Steam you might consider implementing

I already know how to rename armies but thanks anyway

Yes, but the ones I am thinking of have not only Legion names, but correct shield designs and AoR. But anyway good luck, I liked your Hasmonean ideas

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

I'm following this
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I've got an idea that might work, In the Roman civil wars. the emperors didnt have to besiege every Roman enemy town.
    Therefore I suggest removing the garrisons from minor settlements but increasing the garrisons for major settlements.
    You could add a building called legionary fort or garrison that adds a garrison to minors settlement but it would be expansive.
    This seems more realistic to me

Yes, your right the potential claimants did not have to besiege each town, it was about personality and the loyalty of legions.
    How to represent this I am unsure, the death of the general would mean his claim to throne is obviously over, but perhaps he has a nominated successor who may or may not command the same loyalty?
    Perhaps some legions defect- can this be done? Or do they just rebel?
    Another idea, would be with capture of province capital, minor settlement and Legions go over to your side, if loyalty of local commander is not high, or not present at all.

Wow great Ideas very nice to hear all that I do like the idea concerning garrisons by Linke! and I think i will try that. If any of you want to help me out say with making unique emblems for the different generals, or anything else
    you can start working and just send me a link if you manage to get something done. or talk with me now and then get to work... I really need your help, not to get this mod done, to make it amazing!

I just thought I would drop by and show my support and see how things are going

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    I just thought I would drop by and show my support and see how things are going
    thanks, i guess i should have made a progress report by now, knowing people are still following this helps
    1) Jewish names have been added for both generals and armies.
    2) Historical characters added (not finished yet):
    Hanan Ben Hanan - The Leader of the Jewish rebellion, belongs to the moderate group.
    Eleazar Ben Simon- Zealot general.
    Marcus Salvius Otho Caesar Augustus- Roman Emperor and general (starts in Rome).
    Aulus Vitellius Germanicus Augustus - Roman Emperor and general (starts as rebel in Germany, has Gaul and Briton too)
    Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus - Roman Emperor and general (Starts with the eastern regions dealing with the Jewish revolt)
    Titus Flavius Caesar Vespasianus Augustus (the son) - Roman Emperor and general (Starts as general under his father, dealing with the Jewish revolt)
    3)Roman Garrisons (credit to Linke)
    removed all roman garrisons except those in cities and added a new 3 levels building subchain called "Loyal Garrisons" upgradable from the level 1 military.
    in game description: This garrison is taken directly from the legions loyal to their Roman faction and will fight to the death against the other Roman generals.
    the campaign will start with a few of these by the borders of the roman empire (not between the roman factions) and of course the Roman generals will be able to build these wherever they want, but it will cost them.
    this is done to make the civil war more like it actually was- where only those loyal enough to one side or another will actually fight.(i might make a standalone mod of this for the Imperator August campaign pack
    when i am done with this mod. again credit to Linke ).
    4)new units are worked on by noob4ever.
    5)coming soon!
    Last edited by ghsi011; January 04, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-VANILLA/page8
    This would be an essential addition to your mod, give further immersion. How goes progress?

thanks, the mod progress well, names have been completely finished expect legions which I am still working on (AOR is a possibility). the garrison system is almost done
    and noob4ever is making progress on the units (screenshots soon). I expect to release an early version by next weekend!

Exceptions, looking forward to it

Another progress report!
    1)Finished victory conditions.
    2)Added fleets names- for instance: Jonah's Whale, Noah's Ark,...(and more) any suggestions for both army and navy names will be gladly accepted
    3)Completely finished the Loyal Garrisons system, Including adding them to some of the border settlements at the beginning of the campaign (Tyros,Sumosata,Thapsacus,Amaseia,Trapezos,Odessos,Treverorum,Bavay,Iska and Sleaford)
    Last edited by ghsi011; January 12, 2015 at 11:41 AM.

I have suggestions, mostly with regards to Romans I do not know if you intend to adopt that AOR system I suggested it seems pretty accurate and is being worked on to be better, that said Roman legions should only be available in Imperial provinces, as opposed to the Senate provinces, plus garrisoned near the Limes or in hostile regions near towns.
    Have you depicted Herod Agrippa II?
    And to be honest, I am not aware of the rebels possessing a navy?

Thanks for the advice. Agrippa II will not make an appearance in the initial release, mostly because he wasn't enough of a dominant character in the these events.
    About the navies, I know they didn't have a navy, that's the point, playing as the rebels ("The Jewish State") you will be able to rewrite history by either enacting a peace treaty with the Romans(possible but not so simple) or outright martial victory, saying you are smart enough to beat Vespasian and his son Titus (which will not be that easy)
    and so if a Jewish state were to be founded at the time, you can imagine that it would try to gain access to a port and build a fleet.
    another thing about the mod: if and when you win and reach max imperium "The Jewish State" will be renamed the "The Jewish Empire".

Thanks for your support
    Last edited by ghsi011; January 12, 2015 at 01:23 PM.

So how is it going any news? Did you send your Start pos. to Caesar?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast