Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: One King to Rule Them All (SS 6.4 Late Era) - Ventos Mustel Winner

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: One King to Rule Them All (SS 6.4 Late Era)

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Oh btw I forgot to add that Durex's assassin is frozen for the next two turns and cannot move. Loose I still remember the crippling fine you issued on me for a rule that I technically didn't break. As such I prefer not to introduce hefty at such a critical point in the game unless absolutely necessary.
    Technically, only you thought you hadn't broken a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dur3X View Post
    I am responsible for what I did and admit it, but I'm not here to beg mercy for 2nd chance. And you Loose officially inform you that I do not care if you are pissed, and if you will ban me. If your biggun think I deserv it, then do it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Where did you find that video of me? You know if I was an in-game character I'd have the traits Severe,Skilled Bureaucrat (+2 Law), and Perfect Politician (+3 Authority). But let it not be said that Caeser is not merciful. He has heard the cries of mercy that fill the colosseum. And graciuosly grants you his mercy. Themzr's penalty can stand

@Mithridate They were changes after you left GS. One of which is I can ban people from hotseats. Or ask for a twcenter-wide ban. After either case the forum member may appeal to the Games Praetorium. It operates on a "shoot first, ask questions later" type style. And in 18 months only one appeal has succeded. But I don't really want to ban anyone, I just want good competitions here.

And yes for the good of the community I can "interfere" in any non-GS hosted games. Everyone knows what the "merchant fort" bug means, right? Well, this "pushing" bug is way more complicated to use properly and I think that knowledge/skill should be kept quiet. (less people know "howto" the better.)
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Loose if you have an issue with the way I am admining this hotseat I suggest you take it personally to me through a pm, Skype, or steam please

Civis

That's why I'm asking for a list of banned tricks.
    Because i could use this agent trick as I didn't know it was banned. There are lots of tricks as well, some of them seem like bugs and some don't.

I know that executing of the agent's via surrounding them by troops is banned, as well as I know now trick that Dur3x has used is banned too. What about, f.e. mercenaries + fort movement trick? Is this allowed or not? If not allowed, why don't we just fix it in in-game files while creating first save of the hotseat?
    Last edited by Makakula; March 27, 2015 at 04:14 PM.

I should have argued harder then loose, when Soul was allowed to use that bug against me in Certain Advantages * shrug *

It is a bug and per definition and illegal Makakula, if you are unsure yust ask the admin Forting to get full movement is a bug, capturing a new region ( making it a capitol, completing a mission for units there with full movement ) is exploiting mechanics and far harder to know if legal or not ( You may be able to get away with it ). Like capturing a place and making it cap to get an adoption there ( or just swapping cap to make the adoption apear wherever you want ) we tend to allow it. If there is no rule against it, it tends to be allowed by default.

It can be very hard to decide what is legal or not Exploit = taking advantage of an intended mechanic in an unintended way, Bug = a flawed/broken mechanic. The latter is almost never allowed, the former is tricky^^

In general, if you did not know it was illegal then you won't get into much trouble for it. If you know it is illegal and do it anyway, then you're in big trouble
    We have a list somewhere, but there are always more bugs and exploits so you have to use your common sense.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes
    https://twitter.com/RitaPanahi/statu...48737210662912 <-- Unforgettable face.

yuonyuon's Avatar Senator

But what about taking two regions in one turn with a princes??? LOL .is that a bug ??)))))))))
    Well this is the price some medium - noob and busy players have to pay because they don t have time for this kind of gameplay(NOT AR). as for, they always going to be in Disadvantage . i mean it !!!

You cant take two regions with a princess, you can steal a general to do it. Please explain what you mean and how it would be either a bugg or an exploit.
    Don't be a prick, don't be a whiny little child - Stop White Genocide and Praise Jesus.

Very nice, Getting a good picture everybody? So we look nice and handsome and thin? Thank you. -The God Emperor, creating world peace and unforgettable memes

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    Loose if you have an issue with the way I am admining this hotseat I suggest you take it personally to me through a pm, Skype, or steam please
    Et tu, Brute? Why does thou hurt Caeser with this Steam talk. The devil herself only uses Google+ to video chat and has failed to entice Caeser. And she's a lot prettier than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makakula View Post
    That's why I'm asking for a list of banned tricks.
    Because i could use this agent trick as I didn't know it was banned. There are lots of tricks as well, some of them seem like bugs and some don't.

I know that executing of the agent's via surrounding them by troops is banned, as well as I know now trick that Dur3x has used is banned too. What about, f.e. mercenaries + fort movement trick? Is this allowed or not? If not allowed, why don't we just fix it in in-game files while creating first save of the hotseat?
    Another on my to-do list. Post #3 in the rules thread will add a list of known and banned bugs. It will include a description of how they are used.

Quote Originally Posted by yuonyuon View Post
    But what about taking two regions in one turn with a princes??? LOL .is that a bug ??)))))))))
    Well this is the price some medium - noob and busy players have to pay because they don t have time for this kind of gameplay(NOT AR). as for, they always going to be in Disadvantage . i mean it !!!
    Yuon, you need to bring this one up in the Rules thread if you've actually seen a princess used to take two regions.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Mith you used that yo-yo bug we just talked about in FateHS ,and were we come to agree that it considered that i cheated and i had to replay?
    and now i just looked at the screens and sow 3 battles near same fort. same bug apply here (dont bull*** me on this)
    it is same thing . you repeattatly attacked that army until he disappears .

Let me be more clear: there is a bug that happened every time when the defeated army stands near a fort, they :think"to retreat inside the fort but since the fort is under siege , they remain near on the other side so in this case the yo-yo thing can be done until the army vanish .we already agree on that in Other HS that is not allowed .

It is allowed on the other hand to beasiege a fort/city to make defeated army retreat near and attack again or both "ONCE" not "TWICE ORE MORE" because it is considered a bug

Quote Originally Posted by yuonyuon View Post
    Mith you used that yo-yo bug we just talked about in FateHS ,and were we come to agree that it considered that i cheated and i had to replay?
    and now i just looked at the screens and sow 3 battles near same fort. same bug apply here (dont bull*** me on this)
    it is same thing . you repeattatly attacked that army until he disappears .

Let me be more clear: there is a bug that happened every time when the defeated army stands near a fort, they :think"to retreat inside the fort but since the fort is under siege , they remain near on the other side so in this case the yo-yo thing can be done until the army vanish .we already agree on that in Other HS that is not allowed .

It is allowed on the other hand to beasiege a fort/city to make defeated army retreat near and attack again or both "ONCE" not "TWICE ORE MORE" because it is considered a bug
    I clearly stated that I did not use this bug and you can tell that I did not from the screens.

I kept the siege up until the third battle. Since you had only 20 men in the fort they DIED once defeated and thus the bugg was not triggered when I did lift the siege to attack, despite me surrounding the fort.

Admin is free to try it out if he wish.

I kept the siege up until the third battle. Since you had only 20 men in the fort they DIED once defeated
    i didn t see any SS about that .
    still is not between us but it was the same thing in FAte .

You really have to put all SS in order for this game to stand , also the game is tough and complicated and we don t need for any miss leading . i think you agree on that.

Breslau shall be ours again shortly.
    i Dont know nothing about that either))

Also the SS must be Completed from now on And i need Themz in order to achieve that , i mean ODES / Result / army comp / name of the agent / turn / location .... lets be professional/......))))))
    Last edited by yuonyuon; March 29, 2015 at 06:59 AM.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
    Et tu, Brute? Why does thou hurt Caeser with this Steam talk. The devil herself only uses Google+ to video chat and has failed to entice Caeser. And she's a lot prettier than you.
    This made me happy

Dur3X's Avatar Semisalis

I looked at the pictures posted by Mith , and what he did is considered a cheat, I say this because it is a bug when armies retreat near the fort all the time, he said that in another HS, and you can only beat until there is nothing left. What would mean if a stack is defeated near a fort and then to attack it again again and again until there is nothing left. That is a bug when the armies are retreating just near to fort all the time.

Mith, replay your turn.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Appreciation of the Emperor for Loose decision, now he is considered a Noble in Rule (+2 Chivalry)
    Last edited by Dur3X; March 29, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can both parties please skype me what they think happened in the turn and I can review this?

I looked at the pictures posted by Mith , and what he did is considered a cheat, I say this because it is a bug when armies retreat near the fort all the time, he said that in another HS, and you can only beat until there is nothing left. What would mean if a stack is defeated near a fort and then to attack it again again and again until there is nothing left. That is a bug when the armies are retreating just near to fort all the time.
    If you look at the pics, you see that the forted army is under siege and does not join the battle, so ur simply wrong and this is the third time I point it out.

I'll provide new and more proper screens asap as per yuons request.
    Mith, replay your turn.

That would be up to the admin, not you.

A relief being home, so much easier to play and take screens Gods I be tired tho.

Here you go Yuon, the exact events for you to view. Do note that the fort is besieged the first two battles, the besieged not participating - and participating in the last.
    Since they are so few, the army is wiped out most times it is defeated and the bugg is thankfully not triggered. It is absent, I then besiege the fort. No poles remain outside having retreated in2 the fort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails odds.jpg   b2.jpg   b3.jpg   b4.jpg   b5.jpg  

b6.jpg  

You don t even have to siege the fort, the army outside do not go inside due the bug anyway .you are selling cheap here )

If that fort was a city then i suppose the army will retreat inside ,but if you besiege that the army can be JO-Jo ,

Can you exxplain the bug again??? cause i feel like i was jacked in other HS due my lack of understanding at the time.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

If I may, from what I know the bug is: defeated army is supposed to retreat inside the fort, but it only yo-yo's around the fort. You attack it multiple times, and the army inside the fort reinforces each time and loses more men until it disbands and you take the empty fort.

In this case, the defeated army can't enter the fort (or settlement) because it's besieged, and the army inside the fort doesn't reinforce while you attack that army multiple times. Then you lift the siege and attack it and the army inside reinforces just 1 time, this way it's legal, or at least it happened before and it was ok.
    Last edited by Vipman; March 30, 2015 at 06:06 AM.

Indeed, and it has been explained to you multiple times yuon after you yourself did it. Spend 5 minutes testing and u'll see.

It feels like you are just wasting my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridate View Post
    Indeed, and it has been explained to you multiple times yuon after you yourself did it. Spend 5 minutes testing and u'll see.

It feels like you are just wasting my time.
    No ! i m serious. try to attack that army without besieging the fort and you will see the army didn t go inside due the fort bug /"The Real Fort Bug" where i had to replay in FAte .

Edit: another case that nobody seems to know about this bug .
    Last edited by yuonyuon; March 30, 2015 at 10:55 AM.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What don't you understand? The defeated army should retreat in the fort like it would retreat in settlements, this is the bug. The exploit of the bug is to attack that army multiple times and the army in the fort reinforces each time.

With the fort besieged, the bug doesn't appear as the army can't enter the fort because it's besieged, and you can attack it multiple times without the army inside the fort to reinforce. This is perfectly legal.

Only 1 time it should be allowed for the army in the fort to reinforce a battle, as it's for settlements, because the army would then enter the settlement and you have to assault it. With forts because of the bug the army doesn't enter the fort and therefore you get the army in the fort to reinforce multiple times, instead of having to assault the fort after the first time it reinforces.

I can't explain it clearer than this.

--------

Edit: wait, if the army is defeated once and it's supposed to enter the fort, then not even the 1st reinforce after that defeat is alright But I think this happened many times before so I'm not sure how fair it is to ban it now
    Last edited by Vipman; March 30, 2015 at 12:55 PM.