This is a 2-bug issue.

The first is a 'ghost general' when playing a Shekiah. In the Kakariko region you start out in, Aghanim has the ability to recruit mercs. Of these are your OWN faction troops (is this normal? might be a third bug) and a Hylian general. While the solders recruit normally, the general gives me nothing, but takes my rupees anyway.

Second bug: No diplomacy details/Adoption screen

I noticed the first part when playing at Shekiah, and the second as Stalfos. When an adoption option pops up, the icons that denote traits, chivalry, piety and the like, do not appear. If you mouse over the area, you also do not get the description that generally comes with these, so you have no idea of who they are. Likewise, when performing diplomacy, you cannot see any measurements of the faction you are dealing with, be it their thoughts about you, to their priorities, or financial situation. Also, you cannot tell if you have been accepted or rejected, as the upper bar with that information does not exist either (the only way to determine an acceptance is the minor lag that accompanies it)