Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recruiting Team Members for HTW

DarkInterloper's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Recruiting Team Members for HTW

I can handle anything invilving geomod, as well as ui images and the text files for descriptions and whatnot
    Balres Resdak, Balres Nofok.

well since I cant seem to access the group via tapatalk, I might as well post here. Provided neph is okay with my finaized tweaks I should be pretty much done with the map (maybe a few fixes here and there, id like to bring back the cloud over DM) and will move onto finishing the ui.
    Some ideas for work division...
    -Overmind and anyone else good at modeling try to get any models neph has done from him and (tokay and oocca i think) into the game
    -Tedster and Gebilde, it would be awesome if we could implement some of the recent stuff discussed, namely disasters and maybe the region descriptions gebilde figured out. Neph is doing the Storm Zora and Rolling ridge next, maybe we can collaborate to get them ingame asca faction

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Very nice good sir. I especially like how Demoko's physical demeanor resembles that of General Grievous from Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    ooooo. nice intro.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Overmind5000 View Post
    Very nice good sir. I especially like how Demoko's physical demeanor resembles that of General Grievous from Star Wars.
    Yeah, he sure has a high opinion of himself for what appears to be a malfunctioning cyborg. I really like that his true appearance is a less a deific being and more a hobbling old man.

This might just be my favorite scene yet.
    Neph's animation just keeps looking prettier and prettier, even since the huge graphical jump in Mission 27.

Edit: Never mind.

I was suggested to come here from Steam by Victor A Yorke

As someone who was interested in getting into modding, is there any way that I can help with this project, since I really don't want it to die a slow, and painful, death by obscurity?

I don't have that many skills in modding Medieval 2, but I have been in several game design courses before, and experimented with game design on my own, so I have ideas as to what I'm doing. Heck, I'd even be willing to work on something stupid like a more serious Gamelon where Duke Onkled has outright rejected Hyrule's rule of his island, thrown in his lot with Ganon the Imposter (a magician who was driven mad enough by his research that be believes he is the real Ganon, and wishes to prove it to the world), and mass conscripted his people into an army to actually dethrone the rulers of Hyrule...

Yeah sorry about that last one. It's a dumb idea, but I hope it shows my willingness to help out.

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Thatmanoverthere View Post
    I was suggested to come here from Steam by Victor A Yorke

As someone who was interested in getting into modding, is there any way that I can help with this project, since I really don't want it to die a slow, and painful, death by obscurity?

I don't have that many skills in modding Medieval 2, but I have been in several game design courses before, and experimented with game design on my own, so I have ideas as to what I'm doing. Heck, I'd even be willing to work on something stupid like a more serious Gamelon where Duke Onkled has outright rejected Hyrule's rule of his island, thrown in his lot with Ganon the Imposter (a magician who was driven mad enough by his research that be believes he is the real Ganon, and wishes to prove it to the world), and mass conscripted his people into an army to actually dethrone the rulers of Hyrule...

Yeah sorry about that last one. It's a dumb idea, but I hope it shows my willingness to help out.
    No, it's actually not a bad idea. I think Interloper designed CD-i factions like that to a T, even including an imposter Ganon who thought he was the real one.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    No, it's actually not a bad idea. I think Interloper designed CD-i factions like that to a T, even including an imposter Ganon who thought he was the real one.
    Oh wow, I thought I would be the only one to think of that, but I guess it is an easy thing to think of.

Do you want to hear some of the other mad ramblings I had for that faction or no then?

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Thatmanoverthere View Post
    Oh wow, I thought I would be the only one to think of that, but I guess it is an easy thing to think of.

Do you want to hear some of the other mad ramblings I had for that faction or no then?
    Sure,.why.not...(ing.space.key.is.broken.all.of.a.sudden)
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    Sure,.why.not...(ing.space.key.is.broken.all.of.a.sudden)
    Sounds like fun.

Pretty much, I was thinking that if Gamelon was a faction, then it should represent a more missmash relentless style of army.

Outside of combat, most units would be Ganon the Imposter's attempts at transmutating people into other creatures, creatures which are very blood thirsty if undisciplined. So when in cities, towns, forts, etc., they don't have any upkeep costs, but will instead take a small "bite" out of the local population/population growth every turn to sate their bloodlust, meaning that it is best to keep these armies in the field campaigning. Additionally, they also have a negative effect in general on the happiness of a population, so once more, having them in large garrisons is a bad idea.

With that being said, them actually being in battle is where they succeed. They have large numbers of javeliners, axe throwers, boomerangers, and other such skirmishers which, while they don't do that much damage/have much range, do unleash their shots much faster than must other nations' ranged units. Close combat is where they excel at, with heavily armored Stalfos as shock troopers, followed up be elite Darknuts and Stalfos, while also having Vire and Ghini being used as flankers/cannon fodder. In terms of artillery, they would have a standard ballista (not at all representing the spikes) but also bringing forward bands of Gleeok to batter down walls and Zora Chimeras to take out elite troops.

However, when the units are in battle, some of units would actually suffer a small moral penalty when they aren't in combat, this being offset by the fact that the unit gains a moral boost whenever it makes a kill. Granted, this doesn't make them unbreakable, as not killing anyone for a long time as they take ranged fire, finally crashing into the enemy only to be outflanked would more than likely break them, but that also means that they could potentially have units that hold out until the last man if locked in perpetual combat. Essentially however, it encourages an army to play aggressively overall, balancing out the desire of the monsters for combat while also keeping in mind the overall tactical situation.

How is that for a mad rambling for a faction?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123