Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Team Members for HTW

Default Re: Recruiting Team Members for HTW

Just a thought but you could organise it through a group forum on here, maybe once a week give a list of things you want done, then let your little helpers just say yeah il do this or that. Or maybe even give set tasks for people, then you won't have any fighting for jobs plus you can set deadlines of when you want it, plus then you can say dont start this till he finishes that. Of course that's just an idea

Senator

I'll happily help with some text editing, not particularly good with it or experienced but I'm sure there are some good teachers here. After all, it's not fair for me to follow the mod for so long and then not at least try to do something for it.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

@ Neph

If you are worried about Apani's balance overhaul and my small tweaks clashing, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I fully expect Apani's work to be incorporated into the official releases and my tweaks discarded once enough progress is made. My tweaks are just band-aids so the mod is "currently" in a "more balanced" state.

Besides, once the Balancing Overhaul takes over that means less work for for me!
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    My general fear with the community idea is that different groups will form around different ideas and things will end up being disorganized. We've already had quite a few separate balance mods that each do different things. People separating into factions over submods and different ideas caused a few people to rage quit these forums in the past. I suppose I could view that as weeding out people that don't work well with other people though?
    A few leaders here and there can sort out anything that needs to be dealt with. All you would have to do is tell the team the direction that you'd like to head in, and that's the direction we'll go.

Of course, there will be a bit of discussion on ideas here and there, and a few disagreements, but that's to be expected, and it's not a bad thing at all.

Senator

End of the day, you choose the direction you want the mod to go, we'll do our best to follow it and anyone who doesn't like it can go make a submod.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lortano View Post
    End of the day, you choose the direction you want the mod to go, we'll do our best to follow it and anyone who doesn't like it can go make a submod.
    Pretty much, yeah

Senator

That sounds like a euphemism to be fair 'Go make a submod' could become a polite way of saying ' off'. Obviously I don't mean it against anyone in this neck of the woods.

Citizen

I understood, mate

Even I make sub-mods for mods that I help to develop. Nothing wrong with that

Senator

Excellent, now you go and make a submod and enjoy the coming new year.

I meanwhile, have revision to do and then I'll make time to look through some HTW files.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Well, it's been about a month since the call to arms has been issued.

Has there been any progress on this front behind the scenes? From what I have observed on the boards, it still seems that Neph is still the only one actively working on HTW.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Still just me apparently. Looks like I'll never get the bajillion and a half massive games exploding in my head done before I die.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

I suppose it is time to refocus my efforts...

I am applying for the "Text File Guy" part of the team. I have some experience working with export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_buildings.txt, and campaign_script.txt. I have briefly looked over the battle_models.modeldb and export_descr_mount files and tutorials and may be able to work on them as well, but progress may be slow and my edits may require double checking on those two files.

In addition, I can resume work on my "Balance Tweaks" for Hyrule Total War. As I'll likely be the only "community member" working on the text files, doing this part can come somewhat naturally. I await for the message boards to yell at me saying "X is Overpowered! Nerf Y! Buff Z" posts.

Lastly, I can do some bug testing for HTW. I joined this forum to post my detailed bug reports, and I can also resume doing so again.

I'll send a PM for more detailed information if you want my assistance. If I can't keep up or my work is not satisfactory, then you can drop me off development at any time.

brendonium's Avatar Laetus

If you're still looking for help, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring. I've been following the mod for a while and I'd love to help finish it up. As for my skills, I am familiar with editing most of the text files in the game, although I have little experience with campaign_script.txt and battle_models.modeldb. I've also worked with the campaign map files and I'm familiar with them.

Time-wise, I am taking this semester lighter than normal so I should have enough of it to help out consistently.

If you need more information, feel free to ask about any particulars.

I mentioned this in the community patch but ill say here as well, is it possible to have access to the tech tree images that don't have the icons on so that some more pieces can be added to them? I'd also like to throw my hat in again and if you want help organising a team then I would be happy to do that as well

Just letting anyone who cares know, I am working with Eldren so I can hopefully come on to the kingdom of the golden land submod as a 3d modeler and once I get better at it I'd like to help you Neph! I also edit most of the text files you list except for the 3d models file.

I'd love to help out wherever I can. I'm a writer myself, but I have a bit of experience editing the files in mods for my own use, and editing stats and units themselves. I also am a decent learner; If I don't understand something, I ask for help or google it. Of course, there's probably way more people qualified than just me, so I'd love to be a back burner sort of deal.

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Okay, since Vic and XVM Dragon suggested we should move further discussion on the new team in this thread I figured I'd try to get things started in terms of who've we got in our team at the moment:

Neph, naturally, gets the final say on what direction the mod goes in, he made it after all.

Tedster and Eldren are both veterans when it comes to making sub mods, I figure we should elect one of them as our current leader, should we need one.

Overmind5000 and SXFighter both have experience with models and skinning.

DarkInterloper has stated he is pretty comfortable with geomod.

VictorAYorke and myself are available for testing.

If there is anyone or anything I am missing than please let us know.

At the moment the first big road block I'm seeing right now is Hyrule Historia, for now I'm going to mess around with the missions in the older versions and compare the unit stats there to the current version, see what needs to be changed.

darnokthemage is moral support.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

SXFighter's Avatar Civis

What other tasks are members needed for? I wouldn't mind learning something new if it's badly needed. If the team page has a list of things that no-one is working on, that'd be great. We'd probably get more help if we were more specific with what is required as well.

I also volunter for the team. Unfortunalety I am really fresh in the modding buisness so I can only do testing, balancing and a little bit scripting. But I have lots of ideas .

@ all.
    If any one is interested in helping out.
    According to my observations/what I know. The current coordinator/recruiter is tedster1995.
    And if I under stand things right. He is currently being the go between, For Neph and the Community Patches.
    Which is now going to be used as a way to continue the HTW Mod.

@ tedster1995
    If I'm wrong about any of this. Please Correct me.
    And if any of this changes at some point or is not to your liking for some reason. Let us know.
    Just make sure you pass the torch before you step down/vanish on us. Even if you didn't mean to pick up the lead.

@ warl0rd13.
    I'm not to good at being a leader(normal). Any project I do that requires me to be the backbone for it to succeed. Normally or commonly fails.
    But I can help by supporting the leader. By being an adviser/idea man. And doing other tasks. But if tedster1995 stops doing what he is currently doing. I can't replace him.
    That's one of the reasons the Kingdom of the Golden Land mod is currently dead/frozen. Our mod leader to our mod was like Neph is to HTW. With out him. We can't do any/much really. He was our best modder And our only team member who could do models and textures.

So with those in mind. Our team that is forming now is far better off than my last team.

Edit:
    Just to clarify. I meant no offence to anyone. But I do generally speak my mind.
    Last edited by Eldren; May 13, 2016 at 06:06 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast