Thread: Turn 15: Back With a Vengance

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Default Turn 15: Back With a Vengance

So I'm certain that the turn 15 crash still exists. Well....

I get it Every. Single. Time. Every. Single. Faction (except the RZ)

I read a few posts by SirMark that suggested that this crash was based around people's machine specs, and NOT the game, as it appeared to be selective, and not affect certain people.

Well, on this new computer I just built two days ago, which is:

16G RAM
    I7 4790
    Asus R290x
    Z97 Pro 4 board

I get the crash every time.

My old machine, which only did the crash way back when it FIRST began (before the patch), and only a handful of times since, DOES NOT experience this problem This thing is an old hand-me-down Alienware with a laptop I7, some Nvidia card from the same year, and only 4Gs RAM.

Let me be the first to debunk the 'older machines do it' myth, Mark.

But seriously, I can't play this thing. Can someone help me out? I'll go play a match and come back with a crash log in the meantime.
    Last edited by TheHylianJuggalo; December 20, 2014 at 11:47 PM.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

Default Re: Turn 15: Back With a Vengance

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    But seriously, I can't play this thing. Can someone help me out? I'll go play a match and come back with a crash log in the meantime.
    Well some people have reported that they can play to at least turn 133, and still not CTD for them.
    I look foreword to that crash log. It's about time that bug was squashed. But you should look at this thread below. It was made for this bug.
    Help us Find bugs that cause Game stopping impassable turns do to CTDs. Like the Infamous "turn 15" Crash.

This thread I just spoke about. Also has a work around for this bug. So you can at least play the game again.

never posted a crash log before

It SHOULD be in the mod folder, right? I can't find it in steamapps/common/mII/logs, and the mod folder has no logs folder. Also, I have no Sega folder on my computer, so it can't be in there.

When I die,
    Show no pitty,

Quote Originally Posted by TheHylianJuggalo View Post
    never posted a crash log before

It SHOULD be in the mod folder, right? I can't find it in steamapps/common/mII/logs, and the mod folder has no logs folder. Also, I have no Sega folder on my computer, so it can't be in there.
    This is where I go to get my HTW Crash logs. They are updated after each play of M2TW and it's Mods.
    (E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\logs)
    This below are the Log Files that are there if you played HTW last on M2TW....
    hyrule.ai.log
    hyrule.script.log
    hyrule.script2.log
    hyrule.scriptoutput.log
    M2TW.system.log

But out of those, I believe the Log File That most people post is this one...
    M2TW.system.log

You can give the logs 2 ways.
    1) You can post the last Lines of code from the log files.
    2) Or You can Copy and past the Log file in to a New folder. Put that new folder in to a Zipped file. For it can me attached to a post on these forums.
    The 2 option gives the best picture for us to look at and analyze. If you want more Detail on this. Read through the Thread I gave a link to, 2 posts ago.

It was not answered on the other thread, so as we are already at that topic: Does anyone know where to find the logs if you are not using a steam version? In my Mediaval Folder there seems to be no sub-folder named "logs".

The log folderfolder only exists if error-tracking feature found something and will be erased when M2TW is launched again. Therefore problems linked directly to termination caused by performance deficiency won't appear in log files and neither do some of the other issues. I have never encountered the turn 15 crash and spreading the spawning to several turns decreased the frequency of crashes for the other people, so I must say, TheHylianJuggalo, that I am confused. The log files should, however, appear in the M2TW main folder.

So that's my problem, because the log folder is always empty (using Steam)

Anyway, the latest fight I had (the one I said I was going to post) was on a Stalfos campaign. Took control of the 'empty' settlements (Naldariko, Sorkariko, Audorn, Parapa, Tantari, Olnach, and Fort of Wings)

Turn 15 has Hyrule attacking both Sorkariko and Audorn, back to back. Regardless of if follow AI or Fog of War is on or off, this crash always occurs. Other notable examples I've had were Zant (no apparent reason) Gerudo (Darknuts sent a diplomat to the Spirit Temple) Deku (Labrynna attacks capital) and Gorons (no apparent reason)

When I die,
    Show no pitty,

Also seem to be getting this problem. Posting logs to help. Ikana on transition to turn 15. Happened twice. 1 without a fight. 1 with a Moblin invasion, after the battle it cycled to River Zora and crashed again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

included in the community patch is an optional turn 15 fix that disables the river zola invasion
    after i installed it i never got a turn 15 crash
    the newest version of htw includes the community patch but not sure if it includes the turn 15 fix