Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Battle overhaul submod! Version 5.0, compatible with CAC 1.0(10/6/2015)

Default Re: Battle overhaul submod! Version 5.0, compatible with CAC 1.0(10/6/2015)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyr View Post
    So @ faber_avgust: Is your update working? Did you receive any feedback?

Cheers
    Sorry, that i didn't respond immediately. Yes it's should work, will try.

Default Re: Battle overhaul submod! Version 5.0, compatible with CAC 1.0(10/6/2015)

does anyone know what needs to be done to the mod so it'll work with version 1.2? currently its only good for 1.1. by no means am i a modder but this sub mod really makes CAC complete, least with the alexander mod.

Hello to all! As I see, it was a good, realistic battle sub-mod for CAC. But the best ever realistic battle and campaign movement sub-mod was for DeI, and named Aeimnestus_Ancient_Battle_Realism_submod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ith-DeI-0-75c)). Its very-very shame, that creators of such really rare sub-mods discontinues their work. Cause by my opinion, play well in RTW2 is possible ONLY with this mods. With real wargame planning and maneuvers. Most of mods make new beautifull units, better graphics and other unuselles stuff, but didnt improve historical aspects of REAL ancient warfare, with very low casualty rate for army winning battle (Caesar lost in civil war battles like Munda, was 1.2% and enemy lost 37.5%), slow movement and rout of entire enemy army, when one of flaks was broken or rear attacks. There is video on Youtube for Aeimnestus_Ancient_Battle_Realism_submod. Please, watch it carefully, and pay attention of how and when army routes.
    Reason, why i wrtite this, is because im really dissapoint of people, who creates that rare mods and then stop to update them. So, I have idea: lets make our own Realistic battle mod! Like Aeimnestus_Ancient_Battle_Realism_submod and sub-mod for CAC, but better! Main aspect - historical accurasy. There is no balance in history, no gameplay comfort. What do you think? Who will help me?
    P.S. Sorry for my bad english. Its not my native language.

I don't know what to think about reducing HP to 1 for all units. I was playing Alex campaign and my first battle (and only so far) with your submod was taken in desert near Babylon. I was attacked by enemy. My army wasn't well prepared (phalanx+cav only ). Anyway, my phalanx wasn't moving at all, I was waiting for enemy to approach. I've notice that even that my units were not moving they were losing stamina (cav units didn't). I thought to myself that this is cool- people who are not prepared to fight in such weather conditions get tired quickly. But this tiredness also applies to the "desert people", right?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234