Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why is this great mod dead?

romanlegion13th's Avatar Semisalis

Default why is this great mod dead?

why is there it not being developed no more?

i dont understand why a different moder has not took over developing this mod? King Kong has left surely some one else could take over

its such a great mod just be a shame for it to just die out

Default Re: why is this great mod dead?

Is it, really? If you look at the submods section, it seems pretty much alive, with several submods being worked on or having new versions recently relased.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Well, I've only just come to the mod and know very little about its history, but to me the whole thing feels complete. I'm not sure what more could be done. At this stage submods seem to be the way forward if you're looking to add some variety to your experience, and these still seem to be updated fairly regularly.

Is this dead? :o I didn't notice...

Lol no its not nearly dead, new submods are constantly being developed adding customs settlements, scripts, missions, units, unique buildings, ...

Just take a look around.

My suggestion? Mos + Reunited Kingdom. Awesome and epic at the same time.

I think its one of the most visited subforums of MTW2 mods so it is not really dead... Although sumbods are a way to play.
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

It's nowhere near dead lol.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Try Divide and Conquer submod.

Sorry not trolling i no how popular the mod is but no new stickys or updates
    Why cant the people makeing these great submod join together and make a new release of this mod

Its a shame the original makers has left

I mite try the Mos + reunited kingdoms is this the best mod combo

The Mod community is very respectful of the original leadership. Without official permission, no one can claim true ownership of the project.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Did not take it for trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by romanlegion13th View Post
    Why cant the people makeing these great submod join together and make a new release of this mod
    Because it is King Kong's mod, not ours how much we ever love that he allow us to play with it. Unless he return or leave over the torch to somone officially, all the modders on TWC could band together and make updates but it would not be allowed by the ToS to be published on this site if made a stand alone and, whatever pride would drive us and however we named it 'official', it would still only be a submod of/to TATW.

That said, you would find such an attempt a hopeless idea. Why do all the different submods exist and not only a single mega-submod? Because different people have different ideas of what is the direction the game should take, the ideal game experience is not a shared vision but multiple.
    You can't put DaC, MOS with submods, FRoGS, FRoME, PCP, Turtle, WSC and all small mods and unassigned TATW modders under one roof and expect anything to be done, people would not agree on what should go in beside from small matters. And if not all can be in such a group, who have the authorization to say who might participate or not, what end result is the proper one, etc? At best we would end up with a couple pf teams claiming their mod to be the official, thus nothing different from now, with the difference that currenly they do not pretend to be official but acknowledge to be submods.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Yeh it's starting to make sense now..

Has any one contacted King Kong to see if he would be willing to let some 1 take over?

And why don't we let the main complication mods have there own section in the sub mod section? So it's easyer to find and more organised

Quote Originally Posted by romanlegion13th View Post
    Has any one contacted King Kong to see if he would be willing to let some 1 take over?
    To quote the MAN of the hour:

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Of course, I have one sad and streaming eye, because obviously TATW is currently completely on hold while my heart still beats hard for it!
    I can't tell you when, how or what, but I know the last release was not the last thing that I did for TATW, I'm pretty sure the dream of this mod has not completely ended yet.
    I'm actually still browsing the forums very often and I will definately try to post at least from to time on important subjects.

Finally, I really want to heartily thank the whole community and sub modders for keeping TATW still so alive!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Selerz's Avatar Civis

When was that quote from?

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

When the king returns us modders will surely join him.

Quote Originally Posted by Selerz View Post
    When was that quote from?
    Press on the link right next to King Kong`s name from my quote, and you will be taken directly to his Sticky announcement thread in the main TATW forum.

If you can not press on the link, then here is his Announcement thread.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

We are all waiting the return of the King.

For me its not that Im waiting him to mod for us as we can actually do anything by ourselves now, actually, we already did, I cant even see what his return would mean in therms of modding as we have almost anything done and new units from new movies can be done by very talented guys active in the forums.

The main thing about King Kong is that he is/was a serious modder. There is a lot of modders in the forums with one million different projects but they simple dont focus and end up jumping from one project to another without finishing any of them.

His return would be more about a official 3.4 (probaly would be called 4.0), the organization of all available stuff and modders, so he would be more like a director than a modder itself.

After all I did thats my last dream about TATW, that we would have a 4.0 release to shock the game industry , one last release to rule all players on the world.

But unfortunatelly, the third movie is out and King Kong is not back so we have lost the momentum, probably too late now.

we would have a 4.0 release to shock the game industry
    Then I think the WB lawyers would storm in

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Then I think the WB lawyers would storm in
    na man there not going to shut us down.

But leo is right. there are to many of us on different projects if we where to join on one team i would see it true. I spent ten years on one mod. and ive being here a long time too but only worked one mod with Pyrosh. Now im remodeling Elven units to get ready to go ingame and im a texture artists hahaha. I think we need a Dark lord to make a few rings heh!

Were TATW bransch head lines, I think WB would raise an eyebrow, and at least hinder sites like this from sharing and promoting it.

Quote Originally Posted by baz44331 View Post
    But leo is right. there are to many of us on different projects if we where to join on one team i would see it true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    That said, you would find such an attempt a hopeless idea. Why do all the different submods exist and not only a single mega-submod? Because different people have different ideas of what is the direction the game should take, the ideal game experience is not a shared vision but multiple.
    You can't put DaC, MOS with submods, FRoGS, FRoME, PCP, Turtle, WSC and all small mods and unassigned TATW modders under one roof and expect anything to be done, people would not agree on what should go in beside from small matters.
    To many? On the opposit, and I'm happy it is so. We have a lot of uniqe mods that are great in different regards, that make the players experience so much richer.
    Any modder know there exist limitations wihin the game, and different solutions and content require and result in different experiences, since no single mod can contain all optional content that existing mods today provide. And who should be the judge of what shall be used? Followed by the question why any modder should not then go on doing the mods they themselves want to play, when the super mod at best become a compromise that leave no one happy?
    To wish for a "super mod" like wishing for "only TATW and no submods."

Long live the King!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast