Thread: Exact Start and End Unit Recruitment Dates in?

Default Exact Start and End Unit Recruitment Dates in?

Firstly thanks to the guys who put the Imperial Campaign files up for download. If you look in the Mercenaries file, this is what is available to you:

; pool --> name of mercenary pool
    ; regions --> list of regions belonging to pool
    ; unit --> name of mercenary unit
    ; --> exp X --> experience level of mercenary unit
    ; --> cost X --> cost to recruit mercenary unit
    ; --> replenish X - X --> upper and lower bounds on pool replenishment rate
    ; --> max X --> maximum pool size for unit
    ; --> initial X --> initial pool size for unit
    ; --> {optional} start_year X --> year that unit becomes available {0 indicates no set start year}
    ; --> {optional} end_year X --> last year that unit will be available {0 indicates no set end year}
    ; --> {optional} religions { A B C } --> list of faction religions unit is available for {no entries indicates available for all religions}
    ; --> {optional} crusading --> {requires one religion to have been specifed} unit only available to crusading/jihad armies
    ; --> {optional} events { A B C} --> unit only available after all specified events have occurred, event is a string corresponding to descr_events.txt
    And here's an example of a pool from the Mercenaries file:

pool Burgundy
    regions Dijon_Province Metz_Province Rheims_Province
    unit Mercenary Frankish Knights exp 0 cost 1080 replenish 0.01 - 0.06 max 1 initial 0 end_year 1300 religions { catholic orthodox }
    unit Mercenary German Knights exp 0 cost 950 replenish 0.01 - 0.06 max 1 initial 0 start_year 1300 end_year 1500 religions { catholic orthodox }
    unit Landschneckt Pikemen exp 0 cost 530 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 2 initial 0 start_year 1470 religions { catholic orthodox }
    unit Mercenary Crossbowmen exp 0 cost 860 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 2 initial 1 end_year 1300
    unit Mercenary Pavise Crossbowmen exp 0 cost 930 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 2 initial 0 start_year 1300 end_year 1480
    unit Mercenary Arquebusiers exp 0 cost 830 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 2 initial 0 start_year 1400 events { gunpowder_discovered }
    unit Mercenary Spearmen exp 0 cost 660 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 2 initial 1 end_year 1400
    unit Free Company Longbowmen exp 0 cost 930 replenish 0.02 - 0.07 max 1 initial 0 start_year 1338 end_year 1470
    unit Free Company Men at Arms exp 0 cost 710 replenish 0.02 - 0.07 max 1 initial 0 start_year 1338 end_year 1470
    unit Pilgrims exp 0 cost 35 replenish 0.18 - 0.5 max 4 initial 1 religions { catholic } crusading
    unit Crusader Knights exp 0 cost 220 replenish 0.08 - 0.17 max 2 initial 1 end_year 1300 religions { catholic } crusading
    unit Crusader Sergeants exp 0 cost 110 replenish 0.08 - 0.17 max 2 initial 1 end_year 1300 religions { catholic } crusading
    unit Swiss Pikemen Mercs exp 0 cost 690 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 2 initial 0 start_year 1400
    The dates I assume will apply to normal trained units as well, which is fantastic, much better than early, high and late and great news for modders.

EDIT:

Epistolary Richard had this to say at the Org:

Yeah, no. Those dates are only going to work for the descr_mercenaries.txt file - but CA have added something to the edb file that should allow a similar effect which I go into in more detail in my still-unapproved final report...
    Well looks like I jumped the gun but I assumed they would control things like Gothic Knights and pike units the same way. Looking forward to finding out how exactly it is done, and I hope it is reasonably system as that mercenary method sounded pretty good to me.
    Last edited by BKB; November 06, 2006 at 06:14 PM.
    [In the women's room, which Larry had to use, he puts his water bottle in his pants instead of the trash to avoid being recognized]

Producer's daughter: [enters] Hi mister. Thanks for fixing my doll.

[hugs him]

Larry: Aww, don't worry about it sweetheart.

Producer's daughter: [looks at him, scared, and runs out] Mommy, mommy. The old man's in the bathroom, and he's got something hard in his pants.

Curb Your Enthusiam

DukeofSerbia's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Exact Start and End Unit Recruitment Dates in?

The dates I assume will apply to normal trained units as well, which is fantastic, much better than early, high and late and great news for modders.
    Yes, yes, yes, I like it.
    United Soviet States of America
    form of government - financial dictatorship

Liberalism is a mental illness!

Default Re: Exact Start and End Unit Recruitment Dates in?

Is there any news about that ?

I would like to prevent the late units to appear to early in the game,
    how is it possible ?