Thread: Bronze Age Total War

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

Default Bronze Age Total War

This is a proposal for a mod for the latest version of the total war serise. Basically, I feel that a Bronze Age total war mod would be well worth creating. This mod would cover the western middle east, eastern north africa, and south eastern Europe. This period saw some of the most facinating international poitics in the whole of recorded history. What is more, the power struggles and international interaction of this period to a large extent layed the foundations of modern western liberal culture which so many of us belong to.
    The great political powers of this age should be familiar to anyone with an interest in ancient history. They are: the Egyptians, the Minoans, the Myceneneans, the Hittites, the Mittani, the Assyrians and the Babylonians. Other, more peripheral, powers include the Nubians, the Elamites, the Kassites, the Thracians, the Arabs, the Ugaritians, the Lybians, etc.

It is my opinion that this hithertoo unexplored area of history could provide the basis for an excellent historical mod of the most recent total war release. Primarily this is a sugestion aimed at programmers, skinners, mappers and the like, but equally if such a project did get underway I would love to be involved as a historian since I speciallised in this field for two years at university.

Well, its up to you, the modding community, to decide whether such a mod is worth making.

Titus's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Bronze Age Total War

I would say give it a go , really would love to see a Bronze age mod and all those ancient armies. I would love to play as the Assyrians! I have a good book about them from osprey publishing, and another called ancient armies of the middle east! I could help out to if someone starts this project.
    Last edited by Titus; November 06, 2006 at 05:53 PM.

how about we'd all fall asleep from the heaping mounds of excitement and sophistication civilizations had back then.

(sarcasm)

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

It would be fun. I say try it!
    The only official spammer.

It is a very fresh idea, I hope it won't stay just an idea.

Ever hear of troy total war? It covers the bronze age, except it is centered in greece, and not in the middle east. This is an interesting concept though, and if u want to, give it a try. But good luck with it, because it will take a long time.
    Just ask the Troy Total War team.

Light of the West
    An AAR for Fourth Age Total War: The New Shadow

Try Bronze age total war

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

I think it sounds good mate. All the Greek mods are on RTW and we all know that M2TW is where it's at. So I say go for it and I think you'll be pretty well received.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiđinn Veđr: Total War

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

isnt there alredy one mod covering Middle-east in bronze age?

EDIT:its Shadow of Ishtar
    Last edited by Hrobatos; January 24, 2011 at 01:43 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

I say go for it

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    isnt there alredy one mod covering Middle-east in bronze age?

EDIT:its Shadow of Ishtar

Link The Shadow of Ishtar http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1496