Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Quote Originally Posted by Mjarr View Post
    Already existing units in a save file won't be affected by manpower changes. Stat changes ala accuracy etc apply on the fly but adding 10 cannons and loading old save only results x+10 if you recruit new battery.
    Thanks. No difference in new game either though. Same amount of artillery guns. Haven't tried with post #39 version yet.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

NEW: TOTAL SLAUGHTER VERSION
    EPIC AGGRESSIVE CAMPAIGN WITH MASSIVE ARMIES.ARE YOU READY FOR THE END OF DAYS SEE POST#9

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed behaviors when AI chooses to invade and to engage in a battle-settings were to high-lowered them by 20%-NOW AI will engage more in battle instead of retreating. All versions.

Patrician

UPDATE: Changed Fatigue settings so units can fight longer before getting exhausted. Changed Naval recruitment priorities so Ai will make bigger navies, changed naval attack priorities so navies attack more, changed naval distribution so navies will patrol their regions more and protect ports upped the unit caps for Total War Slaughter and 40 unit save versions, New trigger events, made factions a bit more aggressive on 40 unit and Total War Slaughter versions, Player gets a bit more money per turn in Total War Slaughter version. So far this test campaign has been very hard indeed as the battles are ripping my armies up. The French are really building up to make the big push and I do not have the income as my navies are sunk the moment they leave port by massive French and Spanish fleets. The Russians are sending units to my front around Bavaria every turn.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 03, 2015 at 07:57 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: After play testing I think the AI is too cautious in attacking the enemy on the campaign map. Lowered some setting to give them a kick in the rear end All versions. save game compatible.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; February 24, 2015 at 02:14 AM.

Patrician

Spain Invades Britain
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spain invades.jpg  

Patrician

Any campaign reports? What is happening out there?

Going to be testing this out, im installing the one in the first post.

Can I do it on coop with a friend by the way?

Patrician

If they have the exact same mod file version-then yes.

Okay so I have to say this is a good addition to the game because of the whole mass tweaking thing but..

Infantry move way too fast.
    I feel like the accuracy is good but just a bit too accurate it should be tuned down slightly (VERY SLIGHTLY)
    Artillery is over powered now
    The AI is able to get into formation 10x quicker but doesn't use it's line to attack properly

I formed a line then the AI formed a line about the same size then instead of moving the entire line forward the AI sent its 2 corner units to attack and they got decimated while the remainder of the line just sat there.

I think the movement speed should be worked on first and the fact that artillery is so over powered.

I also feel like this would work if you could a lot better if you made unit sizes larger because then units wouldnt be taken out of the fight in 1 minute as they are now.

Patrician

Accuracy is half of Vanilla NTW3 values. Units do not get destroyed in one minute-that is really not true. Artillery is the way I like it. If you want to slow down the units you can do it yourself -just change the unit movement modifiers in the db folder. If you want to have bigger units sizes then change the campaign unit modifiers in your preferences folder. 1.5 is what I play on.

How to get 40 Units ?
    I followed the installation procedure about the NTW3_cl_campaign_spcn_v5.pack and works great !
    However I couldn't figure out how to get 40 unit, is it only when playing SP battle ?

YES, the 40 unit procedure was only setup for the SP Campaign mod ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; March 02, 2015 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Accuracy is half of Vanilla NTW3 values. Units do not get destroyed in one minute-that is really not true. Artillery is the way I like it. If you want to slow down the units you can do it yourself -just change the unit movement modifiers in the db folder. If you want to have bigger units sizes then change the campaign unit modifiers in your preferences folder. 1.5 is what I play on.

brilliant . and if AI could last a a fireing line longer and keep more shooting and turn around quickly ?

Thank you for your work. I played Darthmod Empire and Napoleon with your Settings and it was amazing. No iŽll give this one a try. But before i start a campaign just one question: NTW3 recommended difficulties were normal / normal. Is it the same for this submod or does something change?

Patrician

hard.

I dont know if it is an accident or not, that the units dont say a word when you select them or issue them orders, I think it takes some life from the game, this is the only thing I complain from NTW3, can you make a submod to give the units their voices back?

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho13 View Post
    I dont know if it is an accident or not, that the units don't say a word when you select them or issue them orders, I think it takes some life from the game, this is the only thing I complain from NTW3, can you make a submod to give the units their voices back?
    The lack of sound indicates a file may be missing. Go to Steam and right clicking the "Napoleon Total War" bar in your game library. Select "Properties" and then select "Local Files" from the box that pops up. Then click "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" to restore the the missing file(s).

Thats a thing I've already done several times in the past, and it didn't worked.

Then you will probably have to reinstall the original NTW game to restore the sound files ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; May 24, 2015 at 10:51 PM.

do you have the unit sounds in NTW3?

because i have also done what you have said, and in my vanilla napoleon(not vanilla NTW3) the units have their sounds, for that I think they just didnt do it, unless you or other players have it, if that is the case, i dont bloody know why. If they didnt do it, thats why im asking you if you could give them sounds, is the only thing your great mod will still need, because I thank you for what you have done its really a great mod that changes the playing experience, if you can just add that, it would be perfect.