Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Please tell me, New Campaign AI and BAI settings for NTW3 v7.1 Single Player Campaign than differs from version 7.2?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex

Version 7.2 would not work. I deleted it. 7.1 does work so use it with that version. These settings are very different from vanilla NTW3-game is more DYNAMIC.

I dont have an SPCN folder sir. Do you mean the script folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    New Campaign AI and BAI settings for NTW3 v7.1 Single Player Campaign. [COLOR="#0000FF"]

Campaign AI -Better Ai faction Region development,Technology research,Expansion,Regional defense, construction behaviors-more aggressive WAR settings, better diplomacy-allies will help more, unit balances. Bigger armies and navies. Larger naval ship movement ranges.

Battle AI
    new formations, longer range for muskets and artillery- but less accurate,better flanking behavior, less blobbing, more fire fights, new morale settings for longer battles, new fatigue settings, new spotting settings, new mass settings for men and cavalry-horses may pass through units-had to change as it caused major problems for the AI,. I did what I could with lousy CA AI code and path finding. It think it works ok for what it is.
    House Rules: Best to let AI build up some forces for 10 turns before attacking, Use ultra size settings and set unit multiplier to 1.3 to 1.6 in your preferences file.

7.1 Install instructions: Go into your Napoleon Total War : Steam/steamapps/common/Napoleon Total War/data folder and then NTW3 FOLDER then Spcn folder find the file called NTW3_v_71_spcn-(Make a backup of that file and save it). Delete that file and replace it with the Bran version .

IF you want to use the MP battle maps for single player custom battles then put the name of the battle maps packs into your user script and start the game with the vanilla launcher-it works. NTW3_maps_a_f_v7.pack; NTW3_maps_g_z_v7.pack;

The easy version of this mod is on post number one. The Recommended Version is on Post #9. You will have more FUN with that as it is a bit more challenging for the player and the AI is more unpredictable.
    That is it. Feed Back is most Welcome. Have FUN
    build: 01/22/2017 (time stamp) 7.1 version save compatible.
    40 unit campaign version see post 15 below.

NEW:Multiplayer Campaign with Bran CAI settings by request. Note: This only has the campaign AI modification only-everything else is original NTW3 settings, BAI etc. NTW3_cl_mp_v51.rar file.

NEW:BATTLE TERRIAN MOD by Sirloin and Live2Sculpt: Enlarges battlefields to maximum sizes and adds more varied terrian features. PLACE INTO YOUR NAPOLEON DATA FOLDER.

FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Napoleon Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/preferences.script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.

I dont have an SPCN folder sir. Do you mean the script folder? I am running 7.2 version

New Campaign AI and BAI settings for NTW3 v7.1 Single Player Campaign. [COLOR="#0000FF"]

Campaign AI -Better Ai faction Region development,Technology research,Expansion,Regional defense, construction behaviors-more aggressive WAR settings, better diplomacy-allies will help more, unit balances. Bigger armies and navies. Larger naval ship movement ranges.

Battle AI
    new formations, longer range for muskets and artillery- but less accurate,better flanking behavior, less blobbing, more fire fights, new morale settings for longer battles, new fatigue settings, new spotting settings, new mass settings for men and cavalry-horses may pass through units-had to change as it caused major problems for the AI,. I did what I could with lousy CA AI code and path finding. It think it works ok for what it is.
    House Rules: Best to let AI build up some forces for 10 turns before attacking, Use ultra size settings and set unit multiplier to 1.3 to 1.6 in your preferences file.

7.1 Install instructions: Go into your Napoleon Total War : Steam/steamapps/common/Napoleon Total War/data folder and then NTW3 FOLDER then Spcn folder find the file called NTW3_v_71_spcn-(Make a backup of that file and save it). Delete that file and replace it with the Bran version .

IF you want to use the MP battle maps for single player custom battles then put the name of the battle maps packs into your user script and start the game with the vanilla launcher-it works. NTW3_maps_a_f_v7.pack; NTW3_maps_g_z_v7.pack;

The easy version of this mod is on post number one. The Recommended Version is on Post #9. You will have more FUN with that as it is a bit more challenging for the player and the AI is more unpredictable.
    That is it. Feed Back is most Welcome. Have FUN
    build: 01/22/2017 (time stamp) 7.1 version save compatible.
    40 unit campaign version see post 15 below.

NEW:Multiplayer Campaign with Bran CAI settings by request. Note: This only has the campaign AI modification only-everything else is original NTW3 settings, BAI etc. NTW3_cl_mp_v51.rar file.

NEW:BATTLE TERRIAN MOD by Sirloin and Live2Sculpt: Enlarges battlefields to maximum sizes and adds more varied terrian features. PLACE INTO YOUR NAPOLEON DATA FOLDER.

FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE:
    Go into your Napoleon Preferences script file located in Drive C;Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Napoleon/scripts/preferences.script.
    scroll down to the bottom of the script and find these two lines:
    multithreaded_model_enabled false; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 0; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    Change it to read this:
    multithreaded_model_enabled true; # multithreaded_model_enabled <true|false>, Run the battle model on a separate thread #
    number_of_threads 2; # number_of_threads <int>, Set the number of threads <= 0 - automatic, >0 = explicit number #
    (If you use a quad core processor the number of thread should put is 4. Click save.)
    Go back to the preferences file and right click on it and go to properties and click 'read only' and then apply then ok.

I dont have an SPCN folder sir. Do you mean the script folder? I am running 7.2 version

there is not folder called SPC in the Date NTW 3 and I cant even find that file to replace it

SPC : meaning single player campaign right? well, there is not file called NTW3_v_71_spcn, or NTW 3 _V_5_ SPC ither.

FINAL VERSION ON POST #9 BEST VERSION TO PLAY-WITH AN AI THAT WILL GIVE YOU A VERY GOOD FIGHT-NO MORE STEAM ROLLING THE AI
    What is the difficulty i should put to the Battle difficulty, in the vanilla NTW3 is supposedly normal because of how the AI is made, is this still the case for this mod?

Nicolaz-This mod is for version 7.1 not 7.2!
    Nacho-Play on Very Hard Battle difficulty.

Nicolaz-This mod is for version 7.1 not 7.2!
    Nacho-Play on Very Hard Battle difficulty.
    Thank you very much sir!! one more question, what about the recomended difficulty for the campaign? and whats the difference between classic and regimental battles? are only the factions or also something of the gameplay?
    Last edited by Nacho13; July 18, 2017 at 03:07 PM.

Nacho-play campaign on Hard.My mod covers the campaign settings only.

The game crashes when i try to load a game after i changed the land unit cap to 40 and naval cap to 30 as you said

Nacho-play campaign on Hard.My mod covers the campaign settings only.
    And if i would like to play vanilla NTW3 campaign, difficulty would also be the same?, Hard/very hard, because as i said i read in a previous version of NTW3 that the difficulty had to be normal/normal because of how they made the IA, i dont know if thats still the same with this version and when i asked that in the Lordz forum they didnt tell me, sorry to bother and thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Nacho13; September 01, 2017 at 04:31 PM.

So this isn't compatible with 7.1b right? Just 7.1? Last time I tried it crashed in the battle.
    EDIT: Nevermind, it is. Had to reinstall the game though.
    Last edited by john_peter; September 04, 2017 at 02:06 AM.

Hello Bran ! Thank you for your great mods I have really enjoyed in both Empire and Napoleon
    However I have a simple question : is it possible to get your Campaign AI without the Battle AI ? I know it was possible on Empire to get only your Battle AI (without the Campaign) if wanted, but it is possible on Napoleon to play with only your Campaign AI ? Your Battle AI is causing some lags and crashes on my Mac, but I cannot play without your Campaign AI since I've tried it on Empire
    Thank you very much !

Thank you very much Bran !

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12