Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Default Re: Bran Mac Born's NTW 3 Single Player Campaign AI Settings

Does this allow automatically for 40 units or do we have to do something first to make it 40?

You have to make the modification separately as detailed elsewhere on the forum. I will be posting some screens of a pretty epic battle I have coming up against Buonaparte, I haven't had the time (it will take about 4 or 5 hours!) so far since Christmas, but I'll post the screens when they're ready with some captions. Sorry to keep you waiting Bran.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

UPDATE: Upped unit cap 20%, Elite units 15% better accuracy and defensive skills, H.Cav get 25% better charge bonus, Lancers get 15% better charge bonus, Light Cav get 10% better charge bonus, reconfigured AI invasion possibility with bigger armies-France should invade by summer 1805, all other factions a bit more aggressive, factions should defend homeland better, Ai should spend more money on armies. Battles last longer=EPIC Both versions Feed back is helpful
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 06, 2015 at 02:35 PM.

Because I wanted to get the battle done, the gods of course conspired against me, but to their chagrin they have instead played into my plans by getting me a new job. I haven't yet got my shift times though so I might be able to do it on monday. Basically as and when. In any case it is so large I have been having trouble planning it out...

Good Luck, we are looking forward to the results
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 11, 2015 at 05:11 PM.

The battle is over, and it was epic indeed. Now I have to sort through all of these screenshots...

Patrician

Looking forward to it! Bring on the Epicness!

Patrician

Default Cannot Recruit units in Berlin!!!!

Every test game starting in May 1806 I cannot recruit any units in Berlin! WTF? This is a game killing bug. Have Army Staff College. What is the cause of this? Can it be fixed. Anybody out there experiencing this? Any other factions have it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Berlin May 1806.jpg  
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 12, 2015 at 09:14 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: Better faction expansion, better naval trade, better regional development. French more aggressive, better faction army builds-AI will build armies. All versions. Save game compatible.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 13, 2015 at 01:34 AM.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Cannot Recruit units in Berlin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Every test game starting in May 1806 I cannot recruit any units in Berlin! WTF? This is a game killing bug. Have Army Staff College. What is the cause of this? Can it be fixed. Anybody out there experiencing this? Any other factions have it?
    I had the same problem when I was modifying the technologies just prior to the release of the NTW3 v3.7 SP Campaign. When I returned them to their original configuration the recruitment bar problem in Berlin cleared up. I suggest you try reversing your tech changes.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 13, 2015 at 06:23 PM.

Patrician

Thanks Lord Davn for pointing me in the right direction. I fixed the problem and can now continue with my testing Uploaded new files Now to battle those feisty French
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 14, 2015 at 12:02 PM.

Patrician

UPDATE: New army mix balance, unit cap raised for naval units, increased movement points for ships on campaign map 50%, naval priorities balanced for better naval invasions, navies attack more, AI will spend more on armies, gave France 10% more unit movement points on campaign map, Factions will group armies to make massive invasion assaults-so defend well 40 unit version AI should build bigger armies. Both versions. save game compatible. Let's have some feedback
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; January 13, 2015 at 11:03 PM.

how does the 40 unit campaign works? 40 units under 1 general? because mine is not working i downloaded post #15

Patrician

Go to this post and follow the directions. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Success/page13

Patrician

UPDATE: Better AI faction invasions with massive armies Let the carnage begin
    All versions. And let's have some F E E D B A CK please

Patrician

UPDATE: Change behavior of AI armies when you invade their regions-they will be more stubborn and not run away. So they will defend better. Both versions. This is it for now-got to go back and play some more

Is this save game compatible? Assuming that it is, here is some feedback based on a few hours of testing:

1) I'm not noticing any difference in the amount of artillery. You claim to have added one gun per unit but I seem to be playing with the same amount of guns as default ntw3 (using large unit size).
    2) Defensive AI behavior is broken, sort of. I had two battles with largely the same broken AI behavior: Enemy army attacks allied army with my army as reinforcement. Allied army is divided into a few sections, each section containing a few assorted units that are bunched up on the exact same location on the ground. At the start of the battle the enemy attacks, but allied army doesnt move, apart from their cavalry units and one or two line infantry. Other infantry stay bunched up, and they don't unlimber artillery. In fact, in one of the battles the allied army had five units of artillery, all of them limbered and killed in melee. This may all seem a bit confusing, if you wan't screenshots let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by qdk View Post
    Is this save game compatible? Assuming that it is, here is some feedback based on a few hours of testing:
    Already existing units in a save file won't be affected by manpower changes. Stat changes ala accuracy etc apply on the fly but adding 10 cannons and loading old save only results x+10 if you recruit new battery.

Patrician

Mjarr the Artillery is cause blobbing issues will have to adjust the number of men on each unit and then test it out.

Patrician

UPDATE: New spotting rules for artillery,Light Cavalry,Skirmishers. Changed defensive behaviors for AI factions so they defend regions better. Tested to see if Artillery unlimbers and it does. Less men helps path finding. Both versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Mjarr the Artillery is cause blobbing issues will have to adjust the number of men on each unit and then test it out.
    Oh I am aware of that. I simply explained that in drastically exaggerated manner that old saves won't take heed to altered amount of manpower or cannons to existing units, only those recruited after changes do.
    Last edited by Mjarr; January 30, 2015 at 03:36 AM.