Thread: Female Characters

Default Female Characters

Is it possible to mod female generals and/or female family members that go on the map. Obviously one could give a character a female portrait and female name and that could be that. However my main concern is the ability to have two characters marry and produce children.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Female Characters

It won't happen as you think it should. In RTW, the Amazons were even led by a male.

Hmmm shucks. And there is no mod to be able to change the heir like in Rome correct?

If the intro movie is an indicator, try Hyrule.

If you want to choose your heir search for "next heir ancillary" on this forum. It's a tutorial on how to add a transferable orb to your character that adds more authority to your character, which makes the person more likely to be selected to be the next heir. As for female characters on the map, to my knowledge, it would be kind of possible, but very hard to do. You could change the name and portrait to a female one. Then you could change the default wife portrait to a male one. But then you'll still have male characters on the map. So you should change their model, and record new voices too. However, due to the suits or armor concealing most of the body you can imagine there being women in them. But all in all if you have the required knowledge of modding and moddeling, you might be able to do this.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

I smell a feminist! Medieval times (and I dare say that should continue) didn't have place for women in the field of battle, get over it.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Joseph von Habsburg View Post
    I smell a feminist! Medieval times (and I dare say that should continue) didn't have place for women in the field of battle, get over it.
    Not true, some became famous

Foederatus

Yeah! It may not have been common, but once in a while a woman did take up arms.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

What's wrong with being a feminist? Do you believe in equal rights for women? Then you are a feminist. It's not complicated.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by UndrState View Post
    What's wrong with being a feminist? Do you believe in equal rights for women? Then you are a feminist. It's not complicated.
    If memory serves, Feminist was orginally, and in my mind still true for now, equal rights for everyone, not just women.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by SdtheElf View Post
    If memory serves, Feminist was orginally, and in my mind still true for now, equal rights for everyone, not just women.
    Of course, you are right.

Meh, there still such a thing called fantasy mods.

Click the image for some awesome new unit cards for the AIO mod!

False, feminism is about misandry and privilege.

This discussion is supposed to be about "Female Characters" and more specifically about female generals and heirs not definiton of feminism. Let's leave the discussion as outlined in the OP.