Thread: 6/22/2014 Steam Update Third Age will not work....

Default 6/22/2014 Steam Update Third Age will not work....

I have ThidAge installed 3.2 with the "over haul submod" that changes the "Citys" and "Campaign map" so not to CTD and armys can attack better.
    Tried everything I can find cant get it to work any ideas. thanks

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: 6/22/2014 Steam Update Third Age will not work....

That's probably the Steam update that made Kingdoms a DLC instead of it having it's own entry in your Steam library. The solution to that would be to go to your M2TW folder, find the medieval2.exe, copy it and rename the copy Kingdoms.exe. When you've done that you should be able to launch TATW through it's own shortcut.

Also, moved to the tech forum.

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    That's probably the Steam update that made Kingdoms a DLC instead of it having it's own entry in your Steam library. The solution to that would be to go to your M2TW folder, find the medieval2.exe, copy it and rename the copy Kingdoms.exe. When you've done that you should be able to launch TATW through it's own shortcut.

Also, moved to the tech forum.

i cant find themedival2.exe thing. and i also cant star the TATW. i can se the loading thing. but then it just shutts down. and i bought the game only to play this mod

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

In your M2TW folder you should find an executable that is called medieval2. You copy that and rename it to Kingdoms and TATW should work.