Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of Sparta - Sparta and Athena Campaign playthroughs

Default Wrath of Sparta - Sparta and Athena Campaign playthroughs

Courtesies of

Warrior of Sparta

Alex the Rambler!

Last edited by IGdood; December 15, 2014 at 01:44 PM.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Wrath of Sparta Campaign playthrough part 1

That God damn Korinthian helmet belongs to the Persian War Era! I'm sick and tired of this... Someone should say to CA that the Greek word for sea is pelagos not pelgao! I hope there's not more to find out...

There is also 2 and a half hour long twitch stream: Link.
    The Armenian Issue

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Thanks to SpartanWarrior

But CA really what is the point of this? Most of the Spartans seemed more interested in their Christmas shopping then actually fighting at least have them face the right way rather then backs turned and checking their smart phones for a woolly hat and what is it with the hopping.

I like how he turned on Hoplite Wall and then turned it off by giving the attack order. CA, fix this.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Does anyone know what time this is released tomorrow (UK time)? Thanks.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Not sure if anyone posted this, but here you go.

Thanks for doing and linking this.

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Does anyone know what time this is released tomorrow (UK time)? Thanks.
    As of the time of this post, Steam says there are 21 hours 56 minutes left to pre-order the DLC so I'm assuming that's how long to go for release.

Civis

as per the playthrough, i noticed especially 3 things;
    1: Landlocked Sparta can trade
    hope this carries over to the main game.

2:recruitment of units has increased.
    several modders were discussing how it confuses the AI to have units take longer to recruit.
    I hope this changes that.

3: I noticed a change in the Events , allowing for up to 4 choices..
    Now if only there were mods that actually overhaul these,
    and maybe even cause them to have effects like an enemy/rebel army pop up,PO to drop....

Looks like there is an Athens playthrough also.

I do like the little snippets that show up from the advisor panel when certain settlements are clicked. Reminds me of EB.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by _DK_ View Post
    As of the time of this post, Steam says there are 21 hours 56 minutes left to pre-order the DLC so I'm assuming that's how long to go for release.
    Thanks for that I don't see that but that may be as I've already pre-ordered.... No, I just didn't look hard enough....

I didn't think games were released that late in the day (16:00 ?).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Wrath of Sparta - Sparta and Athena Campaign playthroughs

HAHA its just Rome 2, they didnt even change the unit cards HAHA. This is Sparta Pathetic
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

After seeing a playthrough it really looks too small. Typical CA to make such small scale maps. 77 regions or something? That is too damn small. Plataea isnt even on the map. I think the scale should have been increased a tad bit and several more cities added. Especially in Ionia, Macedonia and Thrace.

I can understand how sicily isnt on the map. Syracuse was a side campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    HAHA its just Rome 2, they didnt even change the unit cards HAHA. This is Sparta Pathetic
    Its a Rome 2 DLC what were you expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Its a Rome 2 DLC what were you expecting?
    Rome 2 grand campaign starts in -272, the Peloponnesian war around -430. Even though its a Rome 2 DLC, the different timeframe could call for different units/technologies/etc...

Were there no advances in military/economic reforms between those 2 dates?

Anyway, thanks to those who did the vids!

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    Rome 2 grand campaign starts in -272, the Peloponnesian war around -430. Even though its a Rome 2 DLC, the different timeframe could call for different units/technologies/etc...
    That's more like an expansion pack effort.

Just kidding, honestly they put in a lot more effort in the Shogun 2 DLC campaigns. The end-game techs for RoTS were the starting techs for S2, and the end game techs for S2 were the starting techs for FoTS. I really like little touches like that.

Ummm, there are new units and technology trees. He was complaining about the UI being the same as Rome 2.

I imagine that the unit trees will reflect war as it was then...ie little to no cavalry (Spartans didn't recruit any until 7 years into the war, and even then it was something minor like a few units of 60 horsemen, IIRC) and a growing appreciation for, and sophistication of, light infantry (aka skirmishers.) That's a bit of a delicate subject, as some historians argue that the Peloponnesian Wars showed the superiority of the peltast over the hoplite, and that the latter began to be less prized, whilst others argue that the peltast's successes in the war were due to a mix of luck, terrain and generalship, and that the hoplite remained the dominant force.....in any case, I'd hope that they'd try to make the unit trees/tech trees reflect this.

Also, no artillery. There's no mention of Greek artillery prior to 399BC, and even then it was said to be invented in Syracuse, and even then some historians think that it was only something simple like the gastraphetes (essentially a huge crossbow) which was invented at that point. I just hope to god they don't end up having artillery in the game, at least not to the point that you have super-accurate catapults.

Wrong spellings and pronunciation on the map,wrong helmets,wrong armours,wrong tunics,wrong spears,still no proper hoplite phalanx animations,mechanics and shields,still no proper unit cards,Roman politics (WTF?),generic fantasy units,wrong faction symbols,wrong shield patterns,still instant transports,Sparta with walls,no Syracuse...

This is mockery to the Peloponnesian wars and a huge slap in the face to every fan of the Peloponnesian wars . And to think that for a moment I was tempted to make an exception and buy a Rome 2 DLC for the first and last time...

A HUGE THANK YOU to the youtuber for the walkthrough so that we know what this DLC is,a poor re-skin of Rome 2.

The Mongol's Avatar Primicerius

Lack of cavalry and artillery sounds so fun from a gameplay standpoint.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast