Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Republic of Venice

Default Re: Tsardoms Total War - FACTION PREVIEW: Republic of Venice

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    It seems to me that unit formations are quite loose which can best be seen on the pikemen units, is it intentional? Btw. Hope that Condota armigeni becomes available only well into the late game because their armour would be really anachronistic in the 14th century.
    All statistics and formation things need to be worked. Don't worry.
    Regarding Sforzeschi units, they will appears around 1424(right after Battle of L'Aquila where Braccio da Montone was mortally wounded).

Edit: btw I've corrected something with Signori, you can now enjoy their armor progression(3 level)
    -"Transitional/Floating" armor 1345-1380
    -"Churburg" armor 1380-1425
    -Missaglia armor of 1425 for the rest of the game.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; December 16, 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Will Venice also have access to Stradiots? Or is it too early for the time period of the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    Will Venice also have access to Stradiots? Or is it too early for the time period of the mod.
    Yes, but you won't have them at the beginning. Like some units they appears at a certain date.
    The unit is finished(made either by Mattheus or Hrobatos I can't remember), but its not yet imported in the battle beta

Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    Yes, but you won't have them at the beginning. Like some units they appears at a certain date.
    The unit is finished(made either by Mattheus or Hrobatos I can't remember), but its not yet imported in the battle beta
    So Great , love that unit.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Yeah the unit formation was set to loose so that they appear better and not crowded in screenshots.

And we have a half done stradiot unit made by matthaeus. But we can also use lord calidors stradiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Yeah the unit formation was set to loose so that they appear better and not crowded in screenshots.

And we have a half done stradiot unit made by matthaeus. But we can also use lord calidors stradiots.
    there has been words about a review after the beta relese,is there another italian faction near finished?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

For some reason I can not see the pictures of the first upgrade of the Signori (1380-1425).

I like that you give proper attention into making the arms and armours appear in the proper time. My problem with the most M2TW mods it that they tends to have great helmets and heraldy surcouts and coats of arms available since the 11th century and than full plate since the begining of the 14th century. Not to mention english yoeaman available from the game start.

First upgrade with churberg is re-uploaded on another site, should be viewable now.

Yes, but here, this is Tsardoms .
    Now, if you ask me, the engine made me miss some "mini-upgrades" within levels. E.g, at 1400, the churberg was slightly different from one of 1380. The shapes of helmets changed a bit...etc But we just cannot reflect it.
    Beside, some weapons on various units does have upgrades that are separated from armour upgrades. Mostly that concerns: iron crossbow(vulgarisation around 1400), handgunners appearing in 1360 have an arquebuse(1450) as weapon upgrade.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing work! The Venetians looks like hard to defeat

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

First upgrade with churberg is re-uploaded on another site, should be viewable now.
    Thanks, they look great but still the unupgraded version with transitional armour is my favourite

Yes, but here, this is Tsardoms .
    Now, if you ask me, the engine made me miss some "mini-upgrades" within levels. E.g, at 1400, the churberg was slightly different from one of 1380. The shapes of helmets changed a bit...etc But we just cannot reflect it.
    Beside, some weapons on various units does have upgrades that are separated from armour upgrades. Mostly that concerns: iron crossbow(vulgarisation around 1400), handgunners appearing in 1360 have an arquebuse(1450) as weapon upgrade.
    That sounds really good.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

What a great preview! It's nice to see that Tsardoms is catching up and still in development. Keep up the good work guys!

thanks for all nice comments

Civis

Very nice preview! I wish that mod see the light of the sun as earlier as possible!
    "A people with no history is a people with no future" - Nicolae Iorga

Quote Originally Posted by predadan79 View Post
    Very nice preview! I wish that mod see the light of the sun as earlier as possible!
    let us pray for it!!

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Best preview yet, keep it up chaps!

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Amazing look on the units, can't wait to see your Stradiots!
    Last edited by Flam; December 25, 2014 at 08:42 AM.

Looking great, I'm a big fan of heavily armoured troops but it is cool to see a faction that relies on more lightly armoured troops because of their naval focus. A clever way to mix gameplay and historical context to create a different kind of faction.

Quote Originally Posted by ReV VAdAUL View Post
    Looking great, I'm a big fan of heavily armoured troops but it is cool to see a faction that relies on more lightly armoured troops because of their naval focus. A clever way to mix gameplay and historical context to create a different kind of faction.
    Hello, thanks

Historically, venetian crews counted as well very light soldiers to armored ones.
    While we cannot have marine tactical battles, you will have these crews dispatched in land units:
    From armored to not armored:
    Fanteria da Mar(war hammer), Arcieri(composite bow), Galeotti(mini-voulge), Arsenalotti(crossbow), and later gunners.

In earlier era(XI-XIIth century), Alvise Zorzi quoted in his book "Patricians, Archers, Slingers entered in the galleys" which is a sentence from official chronics. The last ones desappeared probably with generalization of crossbows.
    Regarding Venetian Archers(using composite bows), the idea its to make them slightly less efficient than turkish archers due to the fact they probably used "mediterranean" prehension for their composite bows. While turkish and steppic archers used for sure the thumb-ring, we have no proof than pisans and venetians archers used such accessoirie when shooting, which is very important considering the rate and fatigue.

Here is one of these venetian archers, artistic interpretation... at the right, the guy with long blond hairs and red pants
    vectorised by heretic
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; December 28, 2014 at 06:33 AM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I only today discovered this thread and I must admit that I am rather impressed with the content I see here.
    Congratulations on the presentation people!

BTW, I've been meaning to ask about your use of dual melee weapon units like the excusati.
    Did you manage to make them switch from spear to warhammer effectively?

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    BTW, I've been meaning to ask about your use of dual melee weapon units like the excusati.
    Did you manage to make them switch from spear to warhammer effectively?
    Hello, pay attention to Broken Crescent's animations for templar or teutonic units(I can't remember atm what crusader infantry has this switching animation...)
    My only issue is to merge BC animations with Joe Dreck banner-bearer animation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast