Thread: DLC? and if so which one?

Default DLC? and if so which one?

Is the DLC worth getting and if so which one? Rise of the Samurai or Fall of the Samurai?

Default Re: DLC? and if so which one?

definitely fall of the samurai it introduces many more exciting units that i have loads of fun with and the campaign is much more fun

TotalWarJunkie's Avatar Civis

Can you get both? I think they are both a blast. FOTS is probably a bit better IMHO but ROTS is still a ton of fun. Just started a new ROTS game on Tuesday, in fact.
    "Favente Deo Supero" - By God's favour I Conquer

FOTS is absolutely worth it. You get a really nice mix of Empire-style Gun units, but unlike empire, melee isn't completely obsolete. fun campaign too.

ROTS, on the other hand, is incredibly boring... its shogun 2 with less variety of units to work with...

Count_Zuokula's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoticSoul View Post
    FOTS is absolutely worth it. You get a really nice mix of Empire-style Gun units, but unlike empire, melee isn't completely obsolete. fun campaign too.

ROTS, on the other hand, is incredibly boring... its shogun 2 with less variety of units to work with...
    *cough* it's one country *cough cough*.... Get Fots if you can only pick one

RotS in my opinion has worse AI than the other one. Even if i think Fots is not as good as first i thought but still better than Rots. Also FotS has really arcadish gameplay. The riflemen are not realistic at all they are literally sniping but the same applies to normal Shogun 2 matchlock units. I definitely recommend a mod like Darthmod. But still whatever the case is FotS is much better than RotS

Blopwerth III's Avatar Civis

FotS adds a lot more to the game, since in that one you get rifles and heavy breech-loaded artillery, ironclads, gatling guns, etc. whereas in RotS it's still very similar to the vanilla Sengoku Jidai campaign. And DO NOT TOUCH, DON'T YOU EVEN DARE TOUCH THE UNLOCK FACTION DLCs. Because if you do, CA's faction unlock DLC revenue goes up and they will decide it's totally okay to cut out quintessential factions and charge extra for them since it maka da munnies.

Quote Originally Posted by turcardo View Post
    The riflemen are not realistic at all they are literally sniping but the same applies to normal Shogun 2 matchlock units.
    Does using iron sights on a rifle count as "sniping"? I thought sniping and sharpshooting were the same thing, please enlighten me.
    Blopwerth III, the not-quite-emperor formerly known as Pringles VII!

(It might or might not involve copyright.)
    Pointless Norwegian flag!