Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download & instructions

Default Download & instructions

Hi there, I'd like to try this MOD, I didn't want to open a new thread but I had to, as those sticky are all closed (I can't understand why). Furthermore, the "boss" of the MOD, DaVinci, has even disabled PMs, so I couldn't contact him by them.

Can someone explain me what is the latest version, if it's still in development, if it is worth to be played (I mean, there are many bugs or whatever...)?

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Download & instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Hi there, I'd like to try this MOD, I didn't want to open a new thread but I had to, as those sticky are all closed (I can't understand why). Furthermore, the "boss" of the MOD, DaVinci, has even disabled PMs, so I couldn't contact him by them.

Can someone explain me what is the latest version, if it's still in development, if it is worth to be played (I mean, there are many bugs or whatever...)?
    Hi Sigur,

The latest version is the 1.051 base which can be played on all platforms (RTW 1.5, BI 1.6 and Alx 1.9).
    There is a patch 1.055 which makes the modificaton exclusive for the Alx Platform (Alx 1.9 - that if you wanna run ChivTW with AlexanderTW as base).
    Lastly, the final patch which is 1.07 makes the modification playable again on all platforms (RTW 1.5, BI 1.6 and Alx 1.9).

This modification is one of the most stable mods for RTW, BI and Alx platform, nicely balanced and is certainly worth a try.

All this info can be seen on this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-I-Main-Thread

cheers!

Finch

Hi Finch, like that of American Pie?

I just don't understand why to make a version playable on all platforms before and then another only for Alexander... there are remarkable differences between them? Moreover, once installed the 1.051 version, I have to install 1.055 too (I don't have Alexander) or can I move directly to 1.07?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

In fact 1.051 woks only on RTW or BI (at the begining of instalation instaler/launcher will give yout he possibility to chose engine, offcourse if you have BI than it is the recomended option), if you want play on alexander you need to instal 1.055 (which is basicly the same as 1.051 just it is modified to work woth alexander) and then 1.07 patch. If you do not want to play on alexander you do not need to instal 1,055 and can patch 1.051 directly to 1.07. When you download 1.07 files you will find read me file there containing complete instructions regarding the instalation and what is needed to do if you want to make it work on alexander. Hope this calrify the matter.

As Finch alredy mention mod is very stable, well balanced, pretty much finished and definatelly worth a try (IMO, it can compete with most of the M2TW mods on the field of gamplay and overall imersion)

I still need help, I ran the installer and I got here.

What's the difference between installing it for RTW or BI?

The BI is the recomended options because of better performance of the AI on the strategic map and overally BI is considered to be more developed engine thus also more stable.
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; December 21, 2014 at 04:19 PM.

Got it, listen, this MOD is foldered or unfoldered? I mean, it overwrites the original files or not?

It is completly modfoldered so no original files are moddified. It will upload the Chivalry intro movie into your BI/fmv folder but it does not overwrite the original one.

This is the 1.07 patch ZIP content...

... I ain't see no instructions.

Tiro

If the new Chivalry file is just a map, than you can let it overwrite the old (1.051/1.055) Chivalry file.
    Double click the new Chivalry file and compare to the old Chivalry file. If the structure is similar, you can let it overwrite (or you can do this manually, what I prefer, because then I can make a backup of the files I am going to change).
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

No, it contains a folder named "Data" and this folder has the following content.

So I think it should be installed, shouldn't it?

Just merge the chivalry folder with the folder of the same name inside your main RTW directory and you can play.

Can you give some screens of the MOD? On Google I can find only ChivTW II screens...

Tiro

Please take a look at:
    http://exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=438.0
    http://z6.invisionfree.com/WarchiefsModding/ar/t33.htm
    The first two hits I found by using Google...

You can also take a look at my England AAR and the AAR of other players.
    Proud winner of the first XCmas contest of the Extended Cultures mod (XC)
    “War does not determine who is right - only who is left.” – Bertrand Russell
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmund Burke
    “Where they burn books, they will ultimately burn people also.” – Heinrich Heine
    "You know you're a history fan when you still get upset thinking about the Library of Alexandria." – unknown

I was looking for higher resolutions, like 1920x1080, 1600x900...

Anyone knows what ChivTW_1.07_traits file for Alx exe file in patch 1.07 ZIP needs for?

You need it if you want to play on alexander exe. IIRC, if you do not use it all your characters are immortal (in a sense they never die of old age) by default.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    You need it if you want to play on alexander exe. IIRC, if you do not use it all your characters are immortal (in a sense they never die of old age) by default.
    Thanks, but if I wanted to play on Alexander exe shouldn't I edit the line Destination as well and put RomeTW-ALX.exe instead of RomeTW-BI.exe?

Yes, you should make a new shortcut using your alex exe and modifie the path according to the instructions in download thread.

Is there a way to install 1.07 that doesn't erase the provincial borders on the campaign map?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast