Thread: ERE tips

Default ERE tips

Hi, i just started an ERE campaign on 2.02(M/VH)....what general strategy should i follow? I have conquered sinope, amorium and dorylaeum and laid siege to famagusta and rhodes by turn 6, however, what perturbs me are the large starting stacks of the turkish sultanate. Plus, they have excellent horse archers whereas the ERE's missile strength lies in its javelins, and jav cav is better equipped to take out heavily armoured units than light, fast moving HA's. They also have good ghulam melee cav in their starting stacks. So how do i beat them in the field? They have taken amasia and have laid siege to seleucia, and its likely that they will move against dorylaeum and amorium soon. Which strategic and tactical steps should i follow to beat their hordes? My starting armies are also much, much smaller than theirs.
    Btw the ERE campaign music is fantastic!!! I really love BC, its my favourite mod by quite a bit
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Default Re: ERE tips

Whoever chose the music for the various factions did a good job indeed.

At least in my campaigns, most battles are sieges. Horse archers are probably the worst kind of unit to bring to a siege.