Thread: How to unpatch E:TW?

Default How to unpatch E:TW?

Hi All,

I'm trying to find an early version of E:TW that used (in my opinion) a superior sea trade route model: How can I unpatch E:TW to version 1.0 then play & patch incrementally?

Many thanks.

Default Re: How to unpatch E:TW?

i think you are out of luck if you dont have unpatched to start with,
    her in post 536 i made an unpatched startpos with working trade ships for sweden
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...le-Now!/page27
    My 6 2nd rates routed in horror from 1 brig + 1 5th rate on auto-resolve....

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: How to unpatch E:TW?

It is possible to tell the game to ignore a patch. I found advice online on how to do this to reduce siege lag by stopping the game from using the final patch. You simply need to:-

- Open the folder C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data
    (that's the path to the folder on this Windows 7 PC - if your computer is different then the path may vary)

- Rename patch5.pack to patch5.packOld

When I tried that, siege lag was significantly reduced, especially in India (where it had been especially bad before). However, I now use the Shokh Hates Sieges mod instead of renaming patch5.pack.

I haven't tried renaming the other patches (in the same folder) to stop them working, but (in theory) renaming them should prevent the game from using them.

My other basic guides to modding ETW are listed here.
    Last edited by Alwyn; September 06, 2015 at 02:36 AM.