Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News and needed tasks from Broken Crescent 2.4

Default Re: News and needed tasks from Broken Crescent 2.4

The banner you are talking about are non official and will not be integrated in the game. Our new banners are mostly historical. Only Shia might have some references to Ali on their banners.

Quote Originally Posted by Byzantineboy View Post
    The banner you are talking about are non official and will not be integrated in the game. Our new banners are mostly historical. Only Shia might have some references to Ali on their banners.
    You mean the banner made by lord Hal is not official ? Because the image I linked is most certainly official. I certinaly hope you include more historical banners. Like the abbasid empire campaign map banner says bismillah? That is wrong. And some of the units had "happy eid" written In Arabic on their sheilds. That is the same as going to war with merry Christmas written on your shield. It just destroies the experience

Quote Originally Posted by Laiith View Post
    You mean the banner made by lord Hal is not official ? Because the image I linked is most certainly official. I certinaly hope you include more historical banners. Like the abbasid empire campaign map banner says bismillah? That is wrong. And some of the units had "happy eid" written In Arabic on their sheilds. That is the same as going to war with merry Christmas written on your shield. It just destroies the experience
    Yes i missunderstood, this banner is official. Could you give me a pic of this unit? We have some Arabic speaker in the team, but nobody noticed it.

Yes i missunderstood, this banner is official. Could you give me a pic of this unit? We have some Arabic speaker in the team, but nobody noticed it.

Well Im having some trouble launching the campaign or custom game. But the unit show up in the main menu. I have attached a picture and a link.
    Will try to fix the issue and come back to you with more details

(LINK) ONE DRIVE PICTURE 1

And I also need to say this, it has been bugging me for years

I just want to underline while ''Bismillah al-rahman al-rahim'' (Basmala) which means ''In the name of God, most Gracious, most Compassionate'' is the most prevalent motif in arabic calligraphy, even more so than the ''La ilah illa allah, muhammad rasul allah'' (shahada) which means ''there is no god but allah, and mohammed is his messenger'', it is still incorrect to write the basmala on war flags and banner. Because it is something that is said before someone starts doing something. it is said before you start reading quran, praying, eating, working etc. The correct thing to write is shahada which is ''La ilah illa allah, muhammad rasul allah''. The flags should have shahada on them. Because the flags and banners are representing the religion of the faction. You represent the religion with the shahada, which is also the first thing someone says when they enter islam. This is known to anyone with basic historic background and knowledge in islam.

The banners in the campaign map for the abbasid chaliphate has basmala on it. That is historically, islamically and arabically incorrect. Also the flags made by lord hal have basmala on it. It is islamic and it is the most prevalent motif, but it is wrong to use it on the flags. The flags should have shahada on them. Because the flags and banners are representing the religion of the faction. You represent the religion with the shahada, which is also the first thing someone says when they enter islam. It is very inacurate to use basmala for banners that is intended for war or jihad. This is common knowledge.

In this picture i made the banner to the right, which have the shahada written on it, is the one that should be used.

(LINK): ONE DRIVE PICTURE 2

(LINK): ONE DRIVE PICTURE 3

I really appriciate your work guys. I love your mod and I love you all. But it is these small things that ruin the mod experience for me, and that have been bugging me for years. I just can't get that feeling with the inacurate banners and flags. at least for the middle eastern nations.

I found the units. It is the Harafisha light infantry from the ayyubids sultanate (Chaliphate). I have attached a link to the picture

Harafisha Infantry celebrating Eid

Although i think I saw some other units with same thing a while ago, but can't remember which.

Thx Laiith for your findings!

1/ I will replace the Basmala flag by a shahada flag (thx for your shahada caligraphy you send me in , I might use it = I am talking of the Picture 3 )

2/ Replacing the "Eid Saied" units is also a priority, but we are lacking time to research. Please Laiith, could you provide us some kufic writing/caligraphy which could replace it on the same shield?

3/ Replacing the background menu movie would be far too long and complicated, for this next version at least.

It is a shame that anyone even among the arabic speaker of the team noticed it. Now, they are all gone or are lacking time to help.
    Last edited by Byzantineboy; June 29, 2015 at 05:23 AM.

nnnm's Avatar Senator

I think it noted in the Ayyubid thread but it's more fun that way specially the Harafisha

Thx Laiith for your findings!

1/ I will replace the Basmala flag by a shahada flag (thx for your shahada caligraphy you send me in , I might use it = I am talking of the Picture 3 )

2/ Replacing the "Eid Saied" units is also a priority, but we are lacking time to research. Please Laiith, could you provide us some kufic writing/caligraphy which could replace it on the same shield?

3/ Replacing the background menu movie would be far too long and complicated, for this next version at least.

It is a shame that anyone even among the arabic speaker of the team noticed it. Now, they are all gone or are lacking time to help.

Thank you for taking notes! I really appreciate it

I have linked two kufic calligraphy pictures. Both in PNG format. It says ''al-izzatu lillah'' which means ''glory to Allah'' or ''glory belongs to Allah''

1. (Kufic writing/calligraphy_version1) The first one is the original with extra patterns arround the writing.
    2. (Kufic writing/calligraphy_version2) The second one, i have removed the extra patterns and just left the writing.

You guys see which one you want to use.

Also I have made another (Shahada/Tawhid) banner if you want to consider it. But it is up to you. I made three different ones. I have linked a picture of all banners and a link to each one alone

3. (All 3 Shahada/Tawhid banner)

Shahada/Tawhid banner (1)
    Shahada/Tawhid banner (2)
    Shahada/Tawhid banner (3)

And one last thing. About the nice flags that was made by lord hal. Some of them have basmala on them. If you want me to provide Tawhid/Shahada caligraphies or other more accurate caligraphies instead, I can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Laiith View Post
    And one last thing. About the nice flags that was made by lord hal. Some of them have basmala on them. If you want me to provide Tawhid/Shahada caligraphies or other more accurate caligraphies instead, I can help.
    Ok, thanks, I think we may need it.

Just one more question: are you able to use Gimp or Photoshop?

Ok, thanks, I think we may need it.

Just one more question: are you able to use Gimp or Photoshop?
    Well some basic Photoshop, that I can do.

Guys, i do really appreciate work you do. I am not good at technical side but can be among beta testers and also carry on list of known bugs for next version. I have around 200+ hours playthrough so far and have plenty of time to do beta testing

Ok, nice. Stay in touch and send me a pm next week!

Also i have question regarding "packing of mod", last time you got:
    - 3 parts of mod itself + 2 addons that required different paths to install
    - the installation didn't automatically recognise the path to game
    Making the installation process rather frustrating and,as i see from forum threads, making impossible to run the game for many people.
    I believe that to fully enjoy any game it should be near perfect at any point (From installation till the playthrough).
    We have great release groups here in russia and if you experience any problems regarding packing of your mod I can get in touch with them.
    I believe they can help or at least adress to specific programs/forums for repacking.

As i see it: Mod installation should be in 1 file and automatically detect whether the vanilla game is a) offical by sega with kingdoms 1.5 b) pirate c) steam version OR atleast automatically detect the path of installation

I can also test the game installation on both win7 and win8 in all three types of installation to help the project development

Hey byzantine boy, can you give me an approximate date that 2.4 will be up and running??? i wont hold you to it lol i know that any predictions are subject to changes. Just really want to know an approximate date lol

also if you need any help designing the looks of anything i will gladly help, however i am not very computer savy so it would be a paper design which someone would have to put on to the computer.

Cant wait for the mod,
    Keep up the good work

Thx.
    About an approximate date, seriously, I don't know.

For the moment, I am working alone on the project.
    I have made great progress this week, but I don't know how it might be in the next days.

But I think the beta could be tested in the next few weeks.

excellent, wish i could help but i just dont have the computer skills.

if you need any help with ideas for banners, unit cards, unit looks, descriptions, or mapping, etc just ask because that is somthing i can help with lol

Unfortuately, ideas is maybe something we need the less.
    This version is in preparation since 2008. All we need now is some skilled manpower.

Have you used Geomod for the map?

Can anyone tell what the difference is exactly between the difficulty levels in BC? medium, hard and very hard; does the AI become smarter each time? or does it get mere bonuses?

What gave you the impression this was the place to post something like that?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast