Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: - X-mas Faction Reveals -

Default Re: - X-mas Faction Reveals -

I've updated the opening post with the final faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    I've updated the opening post with the final faction.
    Wow! Awesome! I love the design of the Eastrern Roman Empire's banner!

On other hand I have three questions for you Joar:

a) Respect the paganism in the mod will be represented some historical pagan strongholds as the cities of Athens and Rome with more pagan population than another places?

b) The kingdom of the Sueves in Gallaecia is included in the mod as rebels?

c) And finally the province of the Tarraconensis will be under the control of Gerontius, the rebel general of Constantine III, and the usurper Maximus and they will be represented also as rebels?
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; December 29, 2014 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    a) Respect the paganism in the mod will be represented some historical pagan strongholds as the cities of Athens and Rome with more pagan population than another places?
    Some settlements will have a larger presence of traditional religions, yes.

b) The kingdom of the Sueves in Gallaecia is included in the mod as rebels?
    All non-playable factions/tribes/nations/kingdoms etc. are represented as rebels. I'm afraid the game does not allow us to have it some other way.

c) And finally the province of the Tarraconensis will be under the control of Gerontius, the rebel general of Constantine III, and the usurper Maximus and they will be represented also as rebels?
    Yes and yes.
    Last edited by Joar; December 29, 2014 at 07:52 AM.

Some settlements will have a larger presence of traditional religions, yes.

All non-playable factions/tribes/nations/kingdoms etc. are represented as rebels. I'm afraid the game does not allow us to have it some other way.

Yes and yes.

Ok thanks for the answers Joar! And one question more: There will be included as in the campaing of the vanilla RTW those of the seven wonders of the world that still survived at the timeframe of the mod as the Statue of Zeus in Olympia and the Lighthouse of Alexandria?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Ok thanks for the answers Joar! And one question more: There will be included as in the campaing of the vanilla RTW those of the seven wonders of the world that still survived at the timeframe of the mod as the Statue of Zeus in Olympia and the Lighthouse of Alexandria?
    The situation of the wonders and other historical sites/buildings are still WIP, so I can't give an exact answer just yet.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Eastern Roman Empire was the Last! I've a question and a small critic:

Question: Why did you used two colors for symbols (Purple) and banner (Red)?

Critic: The 'Omega' should be in capital letters because italics greek was not yet born in the V century.

Anyway great thread and congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Question: Why did you used two colors for symbols (Purple) and banner (Red)?
    Well, there's no law that says that the two banners have to be of the same colour. I suspect that the Roman armies used many different colours for their standards. Most of our factions have different colours for the "army standard" and the General's/Royal standard.

Critic: The 'Omega' should be in capital letters because italics greek was not yet born in the V century.
    You're probably absolutely correct, but the massive amount of work it means to change a small detail such as that is frankly not worth it. I fear the players will have to accept it as it is.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

... the players will have to accept it as it is.
    Ah! Finally a Viking speech! Holy crap this is talking laud and clear, my ultra-beloved old Norse!
    We need less Britishness and more Vikingness!

Anyway + Rep for the astonishing quality of this work!

Libertus

Beautiful work as always! Now... onwards to that "grand preview"...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Now... onwards to that "grand preview"...
    It will be delayed, and I don't have an ETA on it yet.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You may wish for another unit mini preview

Which faction would you like to have?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

ERE!!!

Mihajlo's Avatar Centenarius

It will be delayed, and I don't have an ETA on it yet.
    WHAT??!

no more personal time and life young man!

(hehe)

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    You may wish for another unit mini preview

Which faction would you like to have?

Western Roman Empire or Sassanids!!! Or even better BOTH!!!!

The first is up

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Great!!! One question Gaiten! Will the ERE Armoured Horse Archer as a secondary weapon use a cavalry spear. In IBFD I modded the swordsman into a spearman, because I felt that in this way he was a right counterpart to the Sassanid Savaran.

No, the various Roman armoured horse archers got all a spatha. The Sassanian armoured horse archers got almost all different melee weapons as secondary weapon.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Have not been here for some time, great job on the final factions. However, the crown which is present over the head of the eagle on the hunic banner somehow seem out of place for me, on the other hand I am sure you have some reasons to implement it in the game and I am wondering whats are these?

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    However, the crown which is present over the head of the eagle on the hunic banner somehow seem out of place for me, on the other hand I am sure you have some reasons to implement it in the game and I am wondering whats are these?
    No mystery to it, really. It's a crown, i.e. "sun rays" eminating from the head. The Hunnic kings would have been well aware of the regalia used by both Romans as well as several Eastern cultures. Below you'll see an example of a "sun crown" worn by emperor Probus:

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Very nice faction teaser! Its my birthday on the 8th gimmie a picture of a western Roman border legion! but really I cant wait for the big preview take your time as always, we can not rush perfection! You of the ibfd do amazing work and still the best I my opinion.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast