Thread: [FATW AAR] The Rise and fall of the Reunited Kingdom

Daimon's Avatar Miles

Default [FATW AAR] The Rise and fall of the Reunited Kingdom

Well i wanted to start a AAR for a longtime and finnaly i have to courage to start one. It will be a little bit story based don't expect much screenshots here (I got a strange problem when making them and most of the time i'm so focused on the battle i forget the press F10 now and then)

Also expect much changing in styles i'm still finding the right way to write this and it's a lot harder now it's in English.

Maybe you wondering about the title? Becuase it's not that hard to Win but i'm planning to write after the campaign and because i won't post screenshots i can offcourse change a little bit of the things that are happening.

The Rise and Fall of the Reunited Kingdom

I started out just normal building some traders watching my enemies grow while i was making my first real Army under the Command of Amandil Prince and Second heir to the throne. And then it happend the Chiefdom of Rhun attacked me, my garrison's was small there i had to march my 1st Army to Seragon and there my first battle was fought a little easy because my army was more advanced I beated the first army then..Something bad had happend

It happend in 233 a dark year in the history of the Reunited Kingdom..A Hadrian Army counting 3,000 man landed near Linhir the place where the First heir to the Throne Cemandur was staying the king fearing for the death of his son marched a army of 1,400 man to Linhir hoping to relieve it..But the trip was to much for the the old and rusty body he died Peacefully just before the Battle for Linhir.

Amandil earned his stripes against Rhun and when he heard about the siege of Linhir he left his son Ornendil in charge of a small portion of his 1st Army he then marched to Linhir hoping to relieve it in Time. But when the 1,400 man arrived Cemendur tried a sally.. But he was outnumberd and his reinforcement came late.. Cemendur was trapped when a couple of Hardrian Horseman attacked his bodyguard he died.

And the people of Linhir where slaughterd and the hands of the Hadrian..The 1,400 man also died..The 1,400 who where carrying the stuff of the king but the Hadrian plunder was not yet finished they left a small Garrison of 400 man and the stuff of Aldrion Former King of the Reunited kingdom to Amandil was at the moment near Linhir and saw that it had fallen but he did not know about the death of his Father and brother he also did not know that he was the King (I did not know that he became king i thought it would go to the son of Cemendur i noticed it when i was carrying Silvercrown and stuff) He attacked Linhir with 400 man and took in fairly quickly the Hadrian army at the moment was plundering village's and blocking the Port of Palantir.

Amandil then found his Father's sword, crown and the deformed body of his brother.. And then he took up his father sword (- Sound familiar) and crown and well all the stuff and marched a 400 strong army to the Hadrian Army. Also at the time a adopted son Valacar of North Ithilien marched to the Hadrian army with 1,700 man..To link up with Amandil and then beating the Hadrian army to pulp..it worked and the when the Hadrian commander heard about this army orded a attack..And so the attacked and where soundly beatin by Amandil that after this battle was named Amandil the Brave.

His son at the moment was fighting a losing battle near Seregon he could not beat the army besieging it and the city was doomned but then a Loyalist revolt in Lon Nurnen a rebellion accured Allmost 2,000 Gondarian hillman took over the city. Orneldil then linked up with this army and marched to Seregon to found out that he was to late..And that the army of the Easterlings had marched to Mûlman.

Amandil at the moment declared that he will destroy this Hadrian Aggressors and marches with two army's to Harondor North..

But the King was little overconfident when declaring this, because things in the East had certainly not settled down. Another Army had crossed the borders. Ornendil was a good General but his 2,000 Hillman weren’t the best troops to have around. And he already lost a great portion of his army with the retaking of Seregon and even more in at the relief of Mûlman. He send word to his Father for help but his father was to far south to reach in time so Valacar of North Ithilien. Prince of Ithilien responded to the call of Ornendil (He was granted this title for his bravery and intelligence on the battlefield) he began assembling a army Large enough the defeat most armies the Easterlings could send. Recruiting started in almost all big city’s

The king also sent word to the prince of Dol Armoth to recruit some of the famed Knights there for his campaign but It would take a while for they where ready and Amandil was not a man of patience he waited for a year ..

In 237 he marched his army across the borders of Harad following the Harad Road. In the first months of the campaign there was no sign of enemy activity.. And then hell broke loose several fully equipped army’s entered the region the army’s (A total of 5) where under the leadership of Amer de Cosairs .

The First army to meet the army of the king was a rather poor equipped army with only levies and such in it leaded by one of the lieutenants of Amer the army stood not much of chance and was soundly beaten the second was a little bit better but still not match for the forces of Amandil

In 238 Ornendil battled Brotha Of the tribe of the White ox near Serengon he won but he lost almost his whole army luckily for him the Easterlings where a little busy in their own land probably because their High Chief feared a civil war (Several Fullstacks where just standing there doing nothing) Ornendil ordered the building of some Militia and better walls to hold out until reinforcements arrive

In 238 was also the building up of the navy long where they harassed by the ships of Hara

In 239 a series of battles where fought in North Harondor by Amandil he beated two large armies one of these Army was the Hadrian Royal Army which was completely slaughtered war was a bloody business.. North Harandor was taken in a couple of months.. Amandil entered the city as a Liberator but the people didn’t saw him as a Liberator no some even put op a resistance. Afther a couple of days and still no progress Amandil orderd to kill half of the civilians a bloody act indeed to justify this action Amandil declared that this was revenge for the citizens of Linhir. The King was changing in the times of war

Amer de Cosairs had no choice to retreat with to reorganize his army in the South were also some other armies had arrive to stop the Invasion of the Reunited Kingdom almost a leaded by Lieutenants. He was even more deterimend to take this Amandil out.

In the Same year Adrahil of the house of Galador embarked on one of his own campaigns to conquer Anfalas the increase his renown trough the Kingdom. Adrahil conquered the region fairly quickly only one battle was fought and the man of Dol Armoth where far more advanced slaughtering the army to the last man to break the resistance of Anfalas it worked and Anfalas was conquerd. After the taking of Anfalas Adrahil. Declared himself Lord of Anfalas.

In 240 several Hadrian army’s marched to Harondor North and started besieging it. King Amandil was trapped in the city of Harondor North. Valacer of North Ithilien recently know as Valacar the Elf-friend assembled his army to relief the king. Prince Ornendil now had to wait longer for his reinforcements and he needed them badly because another big army was marching to Mûlman.

How it looks at the moment
    Last edited by Daimon; November 06, 2006 at 06:29 AM.

Default Re: AAR - The Rise and fall of the Reunited Kingdom

Great AAR! Gotta be careful with Amandil, though - don't want him to get Orcish

Repped.

Repped? That's up again? W00t! But where are all my rep points? I've got some before, like 40 or so, but now they've disappeared!

Daimon's Avatar Miles

The start battle for North Harondor

Amandil was dead! Amadil was alive! Amandil was wounded this where the rumors floating through the kingdom nobody knew for sure indeed some soldiers saw him fall only because one of the captains took things in his own hand and charged the cheering Hadrian when they saw Amandil fall wanting to recover his body later it would turn out that this was the turning point of the battle hundreds of Hadrian soldiers were slain the day ended in a Victory for the Reunited Kingdom
    The battle was a very chaotic one. Amandil wanting to use the city streets to his advantage, The Hadrian army that was attacking was so big that it could not maneuver Several regiments where completely destroyed but then Amandil let a personal charge in to the enemy from his personal diary:

Seeing some of the man retreating I had no choice than charge myself but my bodyguard was a little slow and before I knew it I was in the thick of it.. Two men jumped upon me and dragged me from my horse..With one mighty slash of Anduril they were dead.. But another one took their place his eyes so full of hatred some kind of Maniac..In his charge he kicked me a several feet away just In time I could raise my sword and he fell upon it. And he began laughing that is when I felt a horrible pain in my back and that’s the last thing I renember of that Dark Day

It was a strange story and many thought their king was dead the reports also said he was dead, the official report to the Steward was not yet released so the story’s began. one of the story’s reached Ornendil it was the story telling about the fall of Amandil.. Ornendil believed the story and starting traveling to Minis Tirith to take up his Kingship but on his way there he was ambushed by 1400 man of Rhûn he tried to flee but his man where cut down in a heroic attempt to break away a spear hit him in the chest Ornendil heir to the Throne died

Amandil in the meantime was traveling to Minis Tirith to recover from his wounds it was in Minis Tirith when he heard the news it was to much for Amandil he slipped into a depression blaming him for not taking Ornendil back to Minis Tirith how long has he been away from his wife? When was the last time he saw his daughters? And then the anger started to rise he wanted to kill every last Easterling..It was his wife that stopped him and calmed him convincing him to stay see his other two sons grow up. Especially Argonui he was 14 and he showed much promise
    In the years that Amandil was in Minis Tirith he asked for reports of all his lands and saw that most of the city’s had not build much throughout the Kingdom project financed by the King started. Also the recruitment of a new army to deal with the East who where now quicly conquering the lands without the help of Ornendil they could not hold

In 242 after a brief battle Seregon finally fell into the hands of the Easterlings the population there (Not much) where enslaved. In the same year Valacar battle Amer of the corsairs outside the city of North Harondor it was a quick battle because Amer seeing that he was outnumbered quickly ordered a retreat

But the problems kept coming, in Eymen Arnen a plague struck how it came there? It was not known some say it was brought by the refugies out the east but there was whipering about something dark brewing that this plague was sent by a new shadow..Amandil was quick to react on this "Rumour" saying that the rumours where false and spreaded by spies..but the rumours had started

-------------------------
    A small update because i can't play any futher that 242 because i Accidently installed another mod on my BI so now my Fourth Age is acting a little bit strange so now i have to reinstall BI not that that is such a big problem but i'm lazy.
    Last edited by Daimon; November 09, 2006 at 06:42 AM.