Thread: Help me to cheat :P

Default Help me to cheat :P

So i finally came back to this game after 2 years being away..just want to have some nostalgic fun... I just want super easy mode...I know i supposed to go to text folder and find a text called decr_somethingsomething.txt but it is not there for me to modify. I see lots of text file. Can someone point me to the right text file to modify starting gold and create units etc? Thanks

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Help me to cheat :P

use the "add_money" cheat. and you can look for the unit names for the "create_unit" cheat in data>export_descr_unit
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

descr_strat.txt is the file for starting armies.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    descr_strat.txt is the file for starting armies.
    It is also the easiest and fasted way for you to "cheat" - just change the starting armies, gold and income each round...

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by sheepiac View Post
    So i finally came back to this game after 2 years being away..just want to have some nostalgic fun... I just want super easy mode...I know i supposed to go to text folder and find a text called decr_somethingsomething.txt but it is not there for me to modify. I see lots of text file. Can someone point me to the right text file to modify starting gold and create units etc? Thanks
    play Dwarves, auto-resolve. Best cheat of 'em all.

(couldn't find anything else to add, as it was already said by the fore-posters).
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

There are only two cheats you need to balance the game... "add_population" and "process_cq."

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Export_descr_unit you can change unit hitpoints quite high, i had a fun campaign with HE by increasing all elven units HP by 2 so was able to fight archers in melee combat while still taking some losses was extremely good fun. I have a habit now of changing ALL including enemy general Foot unit bodyguards to 2 HP makes them survive longer and perform more heroically
    Last edited by Ultra123; December 13, 2014 at 07:07 AM.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

No need to cheat just play on easy difficulty

Ego123's Avatar Tiro
    Linz, Austria & Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania

It is a blasfemy to cheat or play anything else than VH/VH on this great mod, kidding, but seriously cheating? I cut my hands better than to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladvak View Post
    play Dwarves, auto-resolve. Best cheat of 'em all.

(couldn't find anything else to add, as it was already said by the fore-posters).
    What use would have to play such a miserable campaign?
    Last edited by StealthFox; December 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Foriegn Language
    Medieval 2 Reloaded Project - the work at this project is unfortunately stopped for an unlimited period of time

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?670553

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

if he wants to cheat and he finds it fun thats his business what you do in your games is your business, deriding him for it just makes you look egotistical and silly.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ego123 View Post

What use would have to play such a miserable campaign?
    1. Ask him about the use of such a miserable campaign. Do not be hasty to throw stones without thinking before. And what use is it to you that he uses or does not use cheats? Let him, it's his playstyle, it's his spare time, whatever, chill dude.
    Last edited by StealthFox; December 23, 2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: continuity
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

There is always Saliesian's trait guide you can use. Brilliant.