Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hegemony - Greco-Persian Wars BETA V0.91

Default Re: Hegemony - Greco-Persian Wars BETA V0.91

Great! awesome work team! =) itīs awesome! canīt wait to play it! but maybe that yellow to the aspis is so saturate for that era...if you want i could send photos of my reenactment group, Athenea Promakhos, and you could see good shield patterns, in colour too! Thanks for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Great! awesome work team! =) itīs awesome! canīt wait to play it! but maybe that yellow to the aspis is so saturate for that era...if you want i could send photos of my reenactment group, Athenea Promakhos, and you could see good shield patterns, in colour too! Thanks for all!
    It's currently playable if you wish to try it out

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...87&searchtext=

Have Artillery Ships more than one Onager or Skorpion?

i think you are right i made them much darker ...

Athenian Hoplites
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Athenian Light Hoplites

Athenian Militia Hoplites

Athenian Hoplite Swordsmen
    Last edited by jjpower24; February 16, 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Naval units and ships arent modded yet.

THAT orange doe, tone it down a bit bro. Also a greek used an exomis or a chiton to dress, not both at the same time (light and militia hoplites pic) and finally...I doubt Swordmen units existed in this era.

That orange one is the faction colour and will be reworked soon. Hoplites had deffinitely swords in this era maybe as a secondary weapon but to pimp the roster a little up sword units will remain and thanks for the tip about the exomis...

I donīt like the swords units...i understand the reason, as a playable change, but i love much more the historican vision and fell! Thanks for look out on colors, is one of the most important thinks the make a good mod like that! use ancient tons, and it will look great! =)

and please, be carefull with the music, it would be great if you can put something to fell like ancient times too...like Dead can Dance ( awesome group, or something)

I want to suggest one more thing,you can make spartan hoplites have regular helmets like this http://i.imgur.com/HDsJRAD.jpg but with a longer plume towars the end and you can make the royal spartans or kings guard or a similar elite spartan unit with these kind of reversed helmetshttp://i.imgur.com/pRxNtvG.jpg, and if possible can you paint them completely red.you can use the original black and white and make a red one to have variety....Thise reversed helmets also fit the spartan generals....Some xiphos swords would fit the greek units in general or the small laconian sword and the kopis would fit for the spartans

sword units dont fit,swords were a secondary weapon not primary..you can make them use both spears and swords but ok choose what fits better...

Just a few suggestions I would like to see this shield pattern http://i.imgur.com/PlhXnXZ.png only on some athenian hoplites as medusa was associated with athena the patron goddess of Athens and this symbol on some spantan hoplites, this pattern http://i.imgur.com/rEv2wJA.pngwas exclusive to the spartans. I would also suggest you to make this symbol http://i.imgur.com/950afqX.png exclusive to spartan generals(kings),not standard bearers,that you can put together with general units. It would be nice to make exclusive and specific shield patterns for every faction, that way you will make them unique. For instance corinth's patron god was Poseidon so you can give some horses and the pegasus or even a trident on their shields, Thessaly was renown for its cavalry so some horses or centaurs you be nice..etc Next you should study what armies each faction had in this period? ex. Aitolia had mainly skirmishers,so you cam focus on making such units on Aitolia but to make them different you can make their javelin throwers stronger than the other factions and give them some light hoplites and militia holites to balance them not heavy ones...Work with other people to make this modd a work of art...and one question,why elis and olympis aren't playbable?i would really like to try them out.
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 19, 2015 at 03:37 AM. Reason: multiple posts merged

Dont worry the pattern shown on the units are the attic (i try to make for every faction 20 exclusive patterns) exclusive patterns and there are more 40 pattern wich fit for every faction but they are still in testing stage... and i stilll dont know what to do with the sword units maybe i ll add an anmination wich lets the hopites draw their swords in melee combat... will see guys and thanks for the feedback

The shields shown on the screenshots are already implemented
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 19, 2015 at 03:38 AM. Reason: dp/merged

Great Work, Are the Persian going to be revamp also!

Of course but first the greeks

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I could help with the Persians a bit

yeah why not

athenian phalanx
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; February 19, 2015 at 03:39 AM. Reason: dp/merged

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

your art designs look very fancy!

will the final version include all the factions of the map or only these that referred in the introduction?

We will see wich we will unlock later but maybe
    Last edited by jjpower24; March 05, 2015 at 05:24 AM.

Some skirmisher units

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast