Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of the Scots - Discussion and Update notifications Thread

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Kingdom of the Scots - Discussion and Update notifications Thread

This is intended to outline changes and additions expected in the upcoming release. More to come shortly.

Patrician

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots - Christmas 2014 Preview Thread (Details to Follow)

We are drawing closer to the initial release. I'm down to the final 20 things to fix, of which at least 6 will be done tonight

Yes, I'm getting very close to the intitial release. I have a list of only 20 things to add/change/fix/manipulate/break/refix etc. Some are straight forward, while others are rather lengthy and painful. What I don't want to do is release something that isn't immersive straight away, while people wait while I continually add updates.

For instance, here is the list of final implementations for version 0.1 release:

1. Fix scottish Admiral Name not appearing - done
    2. Fix Mackenzie merchant placement - done
    3. Fix spelling of Mackay so that it appears for characters - done
    4. Add Balliol Faction character to Scotland Glasgow, - done
    b. add Douglas character to Scotland Berwick - done
    5. Add highland cavalry entry to edb for all factions - done
    b. Add mounted kern cavalry for all factions to edb - done
    c. Add chieftan's bodyguard recruitment for all factions to edb - done
    6. Create alternate cheiftans bodyguard for rebel factions - done
    7. Add interim unit cards for (7) new units to all factions including rebel. - leaving for update
    b. Ensure entries are available for these in the text file-done
    8. Fix Clan chattan units from appearing in all clan chattan settlements - done
    9. Fix sounds folders for accents
    10. Start addineg EDU entries for rebel highlanders -done
    11. remove shirtless highland model from recruiting line - no longer changing
    12. Add Welsh named forts (castles) to game (5 in total). Actually added many more, all England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland. - done
    13. add descr_disasters file to game (floods, storms, quakes, plague, famine)-done
    14. change name of Baron's Alliance - done
    15. change wording of Historical events of Barons Alliance from the definite article to the indefinent article.-done
    16. Properly align new strat models to the factions (england, barons, scotland, Clan Scott, Comyn) - done
    17. fix text problems in expanded text file where words are running together.
    - done
    18. Fix word Crusade appearing in strat file, now Clan Muster. - done
    19. Add 7 new gallglaich units for the (Macneils, Macsweens, Macduffies, Macleans, Macnicol, Mackinnon and Macquarrie to the mercenary file/edu and text file, plus unit cards, don't forget rebel folder) - done
    20. try and fix map to get urquart castle in. - done
    b. add sometimes invisible model for nessie in Loch Ness. - Can't find Nessie, she was there last night, and has now disappeared again. - done
    21. Fix loading screen ui error - done
    22. make borders, ticks, boxes sepia colour - done
    23. Change Ireland climate from tropical to alpine - done
    24. change Aztec princess colour from blue to grey - done

Anyway I'm working on the Preview for Christmas as well. This Preview will essentially be the Version 0.1 release read me.
    Last edited by The Border Reiver; December 21, 2014 at 07:16 PM.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots - Christmas 2014 Preview Thread (thread updated 10/12/14)

Keep it up! Looking forward to it! Especially Nessie!

Patrician

Default Re: Kingdom of the Scots - Christmas 2014 Preview Thread (thread updated 10/12/14)

Thanks Malcolm, i'm getting closer and will let you know when I have something to test.

Patrician

I'm getting closer by every hour. You can check how much by reviewing the to do list in red. I have added others to the list as well as I've fixed them.

Patrician

Sorry guys, i have run into a major ctd which has made me lose about 24 - 48 hours worth of coding. Actually, the mod can't even start at the moment. I'll be back into this tonight. Luckily, the the ctd is localised to 3 files; unfortunately though, those 3 files have to be restarted.

LewisVee's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Sorry guys, i have run into a major ctd which has made me lose about 24 - 48 hours worth of coding. Actually, the mod can't even start at the moment. I'll be back into this tonight. Luckily, the the ctd is localised to 3 files; unfortunately though, those 3 files have to be restarted.
    unfortunate news mate, keep up the good work though, it will pay off in time!

Patrician

thanks LewisVee. I had to just put it aside for 12 hours.

Then I got home from work last night and started from fresh files, et voila it works now. The time lost was 48 hours, however it gave me time to streamline the complex recruiting structure.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

thanks LewisVee. I had to just put it aside for 12 hours.

Then I got home from work last night and started from fresh files, et voila it works now.
    Good news it's under control! You had us all worried for a moment!

PhilipO'Hayda's Avatar Vicarius

Keep up the great work, the Scottish wars of Independence is one of my favourite.

Irish Historical adviser for Albion:Total war

Patrician

Thanks PhillipO'Hayda, mine too.

Anyway news update is I've finished doing all the changes i think necessary, with the exception of sounds/accents. I'm going to do some minor testing over the next 36 hours and then release version 0.1 so that anyone who has sare time over the Christmas break can test it out.

I appreciate your patience, and when it is released I welcome all feedback, suggestions and ideas.

Malcolm's Avatar Miles

Great news Border Reiver, looking forward to getting cracked into it!

Patrician

Okay, all I need to do now is find an upload site. Any ideas?

Okay, all I need to do now is find an upload site. Any ideas?
    Maybe http://www.moddb.com/??

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Agreed, ModDB is fantastic! Its free too!

Thanks PhillipO'Hayda, mine too.
    Will the O'Neill's being giving a helping hand with Irish mercenaries when Robert the Bruce is beaten back by Edward Longshanks? both sides had had them and aldo your time will be put in to the English and Scottish. hopefully we can see sum time put in to the Irish.

a new TV show is kicking off in Ireland called After Braveheart set in Edward the Bruce war in Ireland to push out the English. say we will all love this one.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by PhilipO'Hayda; January 17, 2015 at 08:07 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Heedi View Post
    Okay Heedi and isa0005, I'll be uploading to moddb then. It's the size of the mod that is the problem I'm still waiting to hear about permission to hear about new models and skins, but I'm going to release this without them anyway.

@PhilpOHayda, thanks for the documentary tip, that looks brilliant.

Just seen this on Irish History Podcost

In 1335 an Irish army bound for Scotland was ordered to bring 'the great engine of Dublin castle' to the siege of Bute. It appears to have been a massive trebuchet. It took six carpenters six weeks to repair, then eight workmen under the direction of Robert the Engineer to take it apart and reassemble it at Bute.

Patrician

Actually, that's very interesting. First of all I didn't know anything about the siege of Bute, and secondly I haven't ever heard of the great engine of Dublin Castle. Good find.

That was my next mission to update the Irish Roster, but I need some good primary or secondary references for Irish Warfare during this time period. I really like reading first hand accounts of warfare during the time.

By the way, if you want something added to the mod for ireland let me know.

Patrician

By the way, last night I registered and set my account up for moddb, and started consolidating my files ready for upload. I have a 4 day weekend this week so it is looking good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast