Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

faction intros should be like this especially the major factions.

A rogue commander can entice other wavering characters to mutiny, one of the triggers at play in the rich, new civil war system. Dark times call for dark measures, and amongst a variety of tactics players can employ to reduce the risk of such division, the brutal Roman practice of 'Decimation' (the systematic slaughtering of a tenth of an army) will restore temporary order at a high price.
    as long as I can mod it out, have fun to all who enjoy this.
    Last edited by craziii; December 09, 2014 at 03:16 AM.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    faction intros should be like this especially the major factions.
    I guess that the four Horse trailers will be the intros for the four factions they concern: WRE, ERE, Sassanids and Huns. That being told I didn't like it much. Accent was too exotic, the scripting was awkward (the desert neither forgets nor forgives, what's this supposed to mean?) and the desert stereotype is becoming a bit boring. The Parthia intro had also many "funny" stereotypes and misleading elements (like the two standard-bearers who don't exist in the game), but I liked the money part:

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post
    Features you mentioned in Medieval 2 were not in depth. Marriages were mostly barebones - (marriage as a action to possibly steal some general from enemy faction, yeah what a great idea and bringing so much depth, especially when we consider the fact, that generals besides walking bodyguard uber-men unit didn't bring anything special or great) and agent usage? Sabotage which was in most situations plainly useless, planting spy to incite revolts in enemy towns never worked, and some actions revolved around glorified kill actions (Seize Assets,Denounce Heretic/Witch). This time from what it is shaping it has possibility to have some MEANINGFUL in-depth interactions.
    Dont mistake being bad at the game by making the game look bad. You never gave yourself enough time to get to grips with med 2 that's all but maybe that's because you had life commitments at the time. Of course 1 spy never incited unrest, that would be unrealistic. Just one example of your failed attempt at dumbing the game down and shifting the blame so that you don't look like a simpleton.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    I guess that the four Horse trailers will be the intros for the four factions they concern: WRE, ERE, Sassanids and Huns. That being told I didn't like it much. Accent was too exotic, the scripting was awkward (the desert neither forgets nor forgives, what's this supposed to mean?) and the desert stereotype is becoming a bit boring. The Parthia intro had also many "funny" stereotypes and misleading elements (like the two standard-bearers who don't exist in the game), but I liked the money part:
    that is just the writer trying for dramatic
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Hmm I really liked the old Carthage intro.

"And I think the children will be quiet tonight....."

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    White is for conquest or holiness/righteousness. Fits with the eastern empire. Attila will ride the pale horse.

The black horse will be the western roman empire. Which was experiencing issues, particularly with famine. So they all do make sense. IT actually does tie in quite well. But I do agree, the Sassanids are a touch of a stretch to fit in as the red horse. But it is all marketing in the end.
    Yeah, I think it's more by rule of elimination also. Works for me. Also a lot of the mountainous deserts of Iran and Mesopotamia are red in color. Cool trailer, no complaints. I'm hazy on when the Hagia Sophia was built so I can't comment on that.
    Last edited by Lugotorix; December 09, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Lugotorix View Post
    I'm hazy on when the Hagia Sophia was built so I can't comment on that.
    And lo, the mist cleared and the mighty cathedral emerged and it was obvious that construction began many decades after the Attila game ends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia

Quote Originally Posted by Huberto View Post
    And lo, the mist cleared and the mighty cathedral emerged and it was obvious that construction began many decades after the Attila game ends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia
    It appears that you didn't read very much of the article. There were 3 churches built on the same location. The one that is still standing today was completed in 532 although it has been modified through the centuries. However, there were two previous churches built on the same location, the second of which is also referred to as the Hagia Sophia. Hagia Sophia simply translates to "holy wisdom"

The first great church was completed in 360 AD

A second church also called the Hagia Sophia was completed in 415. A fire started during a revolt burned it to the ground in 532 at which time the current structure was built.

It appears that the building model used in the game does not have the four minarets that were added when it was converted to a mosque in the 16th century, but it does appear to be a modified model of the current and 3rd structure. In lieu of no reliable pictures of the earlier two churches, it appears CA artists went with what they could easily obtain and simply modified it to a early version.

Hardly worth making a big issue over it IMHO.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

So they still got that awful campaign map with Euboea attached to Boeotia?
    Creator of Rome Total History
    Rome 2 sucks, EB, RS and RTR were yesterday...
    Don't you feel like it's time to move on?
    Explore the ancient world, fight epic battles,
    conquer beautiful queens and princesses...
    Try a new groundbreaking mod:
    Experience Rome Total History!
    Play RTH or wait for Rome 3!

I think the next one will be black horse and the last one will be pale horse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Ho...the_Apocalypse

Didn't bother to watch the trailer to be honest, but what's with the desert stereotype people are talking about? The Sassanian era actually witnessed an unprecedented degree of agricultural prosperity throughout the Empire, something never to been seen again in Iran after the Sassanians' fall in the 7th century. So I'm not sure what's the reason behind this Arabian-like representation of the Iranians.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Accidently posted it in the "White horse"-trailer, but here it is agan:

Ah, a trailer/intro about an eastern faction should never leave out the desert stereotype. Well done CA. And dont forget to make whole Sub-Saharan Africa an empty desert again like you did in Rome 2

So I'm not sure what's the reason behind this Arabian-like representation of the Iranians.
    European stereotypes.

East: Desert
    Africa: Tribalism

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    European stereotypes.

East: Desert
    Africa: Tribalism
    I thought CA was above these silly stereotypes, given that the TW development team was supposed to be composed mainly of history enthusiasts who knew better. I was mistaken apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartir View Post
    Didn't bother to watch the trailer to be honest, but what's with the desert stereotype people are talking about? The Sassanian era actually witnessed an unprecedented degree of agricultural prosperity throughout the Empire, something never to been seen again in Iran after the Sassanians' fall in the 7th century. So I'm not sure what's the reason behind this Arabian-like representation of the Iranians.
    Completely agreed!
    I hate this too!
    Besides the awful narrating of the trailer!
    From my view it would be better if CA gave that job to a Persian voice actor and let the fans hear a true persian accent and langauge with english subtitle!
    It was far more better than that ugly voice and annoying disgusting accent that i never heard from a persian when speaks english.
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kartir View Post
    I thought CA was above these silly stereotypes, given that the TW development team was supposed to be composed mainly of history enthusiasts who knew better. I was mistaken apparently.
    What? CA? History Enthusiasts? What is this? Doomsday already?
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Quote Originally Posted by Samraat Mahendra Maurya View Post
    What? CA? History Enthusiasts? What is this? Doomsday already?
    Yes, I was mistaken. They're more like $$$ enthusiasts.

Here comes the lag

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

The lag will shatter the heavens!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Yeah, I never thought of that... Rome II became unplayable whenever fire entered the game, but it seems Attila is taking the smoke and fire to the next level. Unless I get a new graphics card or PC, I can see myself auto-resolving most city/siege battles.

Default Re: Total War: Attila - Pictures and Videos thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I just watched the red horse trailer.

"The Desert Does not Forget"
    What the hell? What's that supposed to mean, other then that I can see why would someone rush to buy this. It really hits the spots to make you interested.
    Q: What do you get when you cross a desert with an elephant?
    A: A desert that never forgets.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast