Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

ariyan's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

thanks guys + rep
    Sassanian are coming!!!!!!

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

The game itself will contain a number of new features around army management and waging war to bring further depth to this key aspect of the Total War experience. Most notably, as the player you will have to consider the very real risks of keeping your armies in line against mounting losses, disloyal generals and fragmented food supplies.

A rogue commander can entice other wavering characters to mutiny, one of the triggers at play in the rich, new civil war system. Dark times call for dark measures, and amongst a variety of tactics players can employ to reduce the risk of such division, the brutal Roman practice of 'Decimation' (the systematic slaughtering of a tenth of an army) will restore temporary order at a high price.
    Sounds good.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    ...that have little to do with actual game play.
    I don't know, maybe they will this time put some of those in-game too. Lack of cinematics was one common complaint people had with Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictator Of The Roman Republic View Post
    Sounds good.
    Beware of pre-release nicely worded sentences that sublimate cruder in-game mechanics

If what they say is true though, it will be a solid come-back of the individual general rebellion system, and possibly edict-like options to raise army morale and the like: sound like a great improvement.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    Beware of pre-release nicely worded sentences that sublimate cruder in-game mechanics

If what they say is true though, it will be a solid come-back of the individual general rebellion system, and possibly edict-like options to raise army morale and the like: sound like a great improvement.
    Trust me I'm well aware of Segas loose promises and their style of advertisement.

But the only thing I'm latching onto is the result of NTW from ETW.

Caudillo87's Avatar Semisalis

So no one has realized the existence of a certain building centuries before it should exist? On the FREAKING THUMBNAIL!!!???

Oh well, glad to see the Sassanians getting some love, they are a really fascinating people and I think that for what its worth, they look okay, should be fun to play with I hope.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Have you really expected a historically correct game?

It is for a broad audience not for history buffs (these are only a small minority).
    IMHO the most interesting will be how far the game can be modded, so what we of the community can do.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Have you really expected a historically correct game?

It is for a broad audience not for history buffs (these are only a small minority).
    IMHO the most interesting will be how far the game can be modded, so what we of the community can do.
    yep I really want to know how much changes are made between those two games rome 2 and Attila.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Default Re: Total War: Attila - Pictures and Videos thread

I just watched the red horse trailer.

"The Desert Does not Forget"
    What the hell? What's that supposed to mean, other then that I can see why would someone rush to buy this. It really hits the spots to make you interested.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Jokern View Post

And behold, a red horse. And power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth.

Empires rise, empires fall, and some are left in ashes.
    Could this be a hint towards the Kidarites (Red Huns)?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    Could this be a hint towards the Kidarites (Red Huns)?
    It refers to the biblical red horse of the apocalypse. Upon which War, one of the horsemen of the apocalypse rode. It is merely a reference to the war which will be waged. It isn't a hint to anything and its pretty obvious that it refers to the Sassanids and their war against the eastern empire. Seeing as the white horse was the eastern empire, my guess is the black horse with be a trailer with the western empire and the pale horse will be Attila.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

and why are the Sassanids represented with a Red Horse?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    Becuse it fits in with all Major Empires being a horse.
    At least from a marketing perspective

... war? I think the trailer makes it pretty clear. Didn't the Roman-Sasanian War occur during the period covered by this game as well? So the idea that the Sassanids will bring war to the roman people seems to fit pretty well.

Cyrene's Avatar Vicarius

i guess i wasn't clear, sorry, i was referring to the Bible, is there like any historical reason for them to be represented with a red horse in the Bible?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

i guess i wasn't clear, sorry, i was referring to the Bible, is there like any historical reason for them to be represented with a red horse in the Bible?
    Hmm ERE ended up having a war with the Sassanid for 300 years.
    But again it is a interpretation of a situation and using bible with that never works.
    And again it is more or less just for fun.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

No of course not. They were not the red horse of the apocalypse in revelations. Revelations was written 80-100AD well before the Sassanids showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    ... war? I think the trailer makes it pretty clear. Didn't the Roman-Sasanian War occur during the period covered by this game as well? So the idea that the Sassanids will bring war to the roman people seems to fit pretty well.
    As I understand it not really. The 5th century was something of a downtime between the incessant 4th century wars and 6th century wars. Mainly because both were dealing with the trauma of the huns (Hephalites for the Sassies). They had some conflict but it wasn't as predominant an issue as in the prior or later century.

No harm in depicting them with the red horse since it's a matter of theme and style. The white horse was about the Eastern Romans even though it's Attila at the end riding a white horse, I think. And it's not as if the East Romans were doing any conquests to speak of in this period so much as just surviving! And whomever could be the black horse won't be bringers of famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    As I understand it not really. The 5th century was something of a downtime between the incessant 4th century wars and 6th century wars. Mainly because both were dealing with the trauma of the huns (Hephalites for the Sassies). They had some conflict but it wasn't as predominant an issue as in the prior or later century.

No harm in depicting them with the red horse since it's a matter of theme and style. The white horse was about the Eastern Romans even though it's Attila at the end riding a white horse, I think. And it's not as if the East Romans were doing any conquests to speak of in this period so much as just surviving! And whomever could be the black horse won't be bringers of famine.
    White is for conquest or holiness/righteousness. Fits with the eastern empire. Attila will ride the pale horse.

...behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
    The black horse will be the western roman empire. Which was experiencing issues, particularly with famine. So they all do make sense. IT actually does tie in quite well. But I do agree, the Sassanids are a touch of a stretch to fit in as the red horse. But it is all marketing in the end.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; December 08, 2014 at 01:52 PM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

I think it's pretty cool.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast