Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

CA is still in love with their gawdawful kill-move animations, I see.
    Last edited by Huberto; December 02, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Is the music starting at 1.48 from the in game soundtrack?
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

ariyan's Avatar Civis

Some pictures from the trailer
    Heavy archer

swordmen

and sughdian warriors

we will strike
    Sassanian are coming!!!!!!

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Nice trailer, although I'm somewhat confused about the apparant Sassanid desert fetish.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

i see that the colors of the uniforms of barbaric factions as the Visigoths and the Sassanid Empire have very vivid and unreal colors.
    more muted colors needed for the clothes of the units of these factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic28 View Post
    Medieval 2 introduced these things 8 years ago...

I love how CA is marketing Attila's campaign features and changes to be something "new", as if the family tree, marriages, agents and smarter UI are all innovative ideas to TW.
    Features you mentioned in Medieval 2 were not in depth. Marriages were mostly barebones - (marriage as a action to possibly steal some general from enemy faction, yeah what a great idea and bringing so much depth, especially when we consider the fact, that generals besides walking bodyguard uber-men unit didn't bring anything special or great) and agent usage? Sabotage which was in most situations plainly useless, planting spy to incite revolts in enemy towns never worked, and some actions revolved around glorified kill actions (Seize Assets,Denounce Heretic/Witch). This time from what it is shaping it has possibility to have some MEANINGFUL in-depth interactions.
    How many times someone guessed wrong about my nationality: 3
    Where do I not come from: Czech Republic, US, South America, Former Colony, Germany, Austria, Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by ariyan View Post
    Some pictures from the trailer

we will strike
    Yeah this trailer made me excited to play the sassanids.

Think I'm gonna play them as my second campaign (after ERE).

Quote Originally Posted by Will CA View Post
    The game itself will contain a number of new features around army management and waging war to bring further depth to this key aspect of the Total War experience. Most notably, as the player you will have to consider the very real risks of keeping your armies in line against mounting losses, disloyal generals and fragmented food supplies.

A rogue commander can entice other wavering characters to mutiny, one of the triggers at play in the rich, new civil war system. Dark times call for dark measures, and amongst a variety of tactics players can employ to reduce the risk of such division, the brutal Roman practice of 'Decimation' (the systematic slaughtering of a tenth of an army) will restore temporary order at a high price.
    I hope there would be somehow an ingenious mechanics that stops players from exploiting the fact that there will be a warning when a certain general is about to revolt, so one could always preemt his attemp by sending him on a suicidal charge.

Medieval 2 introduced these things 8 years ago...

I love how CA is marketing Attila's campaign features and changes to be something "new", as if the family tree, marriages, agents and smarter UI are all innovative ideas to TW.
    Exactly. Hard to get excited by features that should have been in Rome 2.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

in game footage? when did i see that before?no thanks
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Lord Baratheon's Avatar Decanus

They recycled animations from previous trailers, but that's hardly gamebreaking. Can't really tell if unit collision is better than Rome 2 yet. It's the warscape engine so I'm not expecting much, but Shogun 2 battle standard should be the base considering how long CA's been working with the warscape engine. And those hideous cliffs on the campaign map are still there. I still have some hope for Attila though. The trailers are promising.

Remember, remember, the third of september, the Rome II treason and plot. I know of no reason why pre-order treason should ever be forgot.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Since the first culture pack added Vikings, the next will might well add Muslims. They would fit into BI2 just as well, though would be even more controversial. Actually the Muslim invasion of the Sassanid and Byzantine Empires came BEFORE the Vikings invasion of Europe. By the time of the beginning of the Viking Age, the Abbasids and Ummayads were already in power. By the end of the Viking Age, the Seljuks, Fatmids, and Almoravids were well established

It is nice to actually see a trailer that at least uses the in-game engine, even if its not actual gameplay. I continued to be troubled at how prevalent fire is going to be in this game. There are definitely some pyromaniacs on the CA staff. While this trailer did give us a better look as some Sassanid units, it didn't really reveal anything new and will convince few to buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baratheon View Post
    Can't really tell if unit collision is better than Rome 2 yet.
    It doesn't look like there's been any improvements on that area. At 2.00, you can see purple Romans(?) charging into the melee brawl and they're definitely not slowing down. It's not looking good..
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Epic28's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Zwirbaum View Post
    Features you mentioned in Medieval 2 were not in depth. Marriages were mostly barebones - (marriage as a action to possibly steal some general from enemy faction, yeah what a great idea and bringing so much depth, especially when we consider the fact, that generals besides walking bodyguard uber-men unit didn't bring anything special or great) and agent usage? Sabotage which was in most situations plainly useless, planting spy to incite revolts in enemy towns never worked, and some actions revolved around glorified kill actions (Seize Assets,Denounce Heretic/Witch). This time from what it is shaping it has possibility to have some MEANINGFUL in-depth interactions.
    No.

Marriages also formed alliances in Med 2 meaning you could marry off princesses to secure peace, you could marry them to members of your family to maintain a pure blood line, not to mention princesses could in turn be used as diplomats.

Priests would spread religious conversion that would ultimately way on their impact with your Papal standing and if their Piety was high enough they would be promoted to Bishops and eventually would run for members of the Preferati and run for Pope elections. If you're pope was elected you gain maximum favor, likewise the opposite occurred if a rival factions bishop became elected your favor would suffer.

Lets not forget about Merchants that could add income to your treasury by seizing control of resources.

Spies did what spies were suppose to do, reveal information about cities, armies, and potentially get away with opening city gates upon a siege. Not over-powered plague machines capable of poisoning and killing half an army like in Rome 2.

Either way, agents are just one of the minor issues in need of an overhaul (or revisit) that Attila needs to address of Rome 2's strippage...
    Without mercy. Without compassion. Without remorse.
    All war depends upon it.

No.

Marriages also formed alliances in Med 2 meaning you could marry off princesses to secure peace, you could marry them to members of your family to maintain a pure blood line, not to mention princesses could in turn be used as diplomats.

Priests would spread religious conversion that would ultimately way on their impact with your Papal standing and if their Piety was high enough they would be promoted to Bishops and eventually would run for members of the Preferati and run for Pope elections. If you're pope was elected you gain maximum favor, likewise the opposite occurred if a rival factions bishop became elected your favor would suffer.

Lets not forget about Merchants that could add income to your treasury by seizing control of resources.

Spies did what spies were suppose to do, reveal information about cities, armies, and potentially get away with opening city gates upon a siege. Not over-powered plague machines capable of poisoning and killing half an army like in Rome 2.

Either way, agents are just one of the minor issues in need of an overhaul (or revisit) that Attila needs to address of Rome 2's strippage...
    Spoke my mind. I remember playing this one rise of the samurai campaign and one of the things I hated was how overpowered the agents were. I could not move my armies for a dozen or so turns and it frustrated me so dame much. I would rather have those "useless" spies from medieval 2 then the overpowered agents of chaos the new games have.

well ignoring the drama in this thread, nice trailer, I look forward to this game.

The commentator of the video should definitely stop smoking. He was sounding like an Arab suffocated by too much hookah smoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariyan View Post
    and sughdian warriors :
    The guy with the funny helmet is an officer, not a Sugdhian warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    The commentator of the video should definitely stop smoking. He was sounding like an Arab suffocated by too much hookah smoking. The guy with the funny helmet is an officer, not a Sugdhian warrior.
    At this point I have resigned myself that people everywhere will view Persians as just Arab ancestors.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I liked the trailer. One thing I noticed was the lack of blood and gore, has there been any word if it will be included to Attila this time around, has it been improved, or is it the case they sell us the all ready existing same assets again?

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

I do like how they put the faction into context and give them some purpose and story. It makes it easier to role-play with them even if you dont know anything about the faction to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    I liked the trailer. One thing I noticed was the lack of blood and gore, has there been any word if it will be included to Attila this time around, has it been improved, or is it the case they sell us the all ready existing same assets again?
    We already know that they have to do it to make their games available to everyone. They could however substract the price of the Blood&Gore DLC from the original Attila price.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast