Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Red Horse Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Doe3000 View Post
    Yeah, I never thought of that... Rome II became unplayable whenever fire entered the game, but it seems Attila is taking the smoke and fire to the next level. Unless I get a new graphics card or PC, I can see myself auto-resolving most city/siege battles.
    Really, not much of a problem here, Siege battles lost their value after Medieval 2... Rome 1 was probably the best!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

What I feel deeply wrong here (apart the units' armors, colors and weapons) it is the whole concept about the Sassanids, seen as a terrible barbaric horde, invading the 'civilized' Roman Empire, the Sassanids look like an horde of fanatics and filthy barbarians, the reality was totally different, Romans and Persians (Parthians firstly then the Sassanids) were engaged in a tragic fight for five centuries, they were the greatest political entities of the Ancient World, the Sassanid Empire was not a nomadic horde of barbarians! It was a enormous Empire with a very complex political, cultural, and military organizations, its religion influenced the Roman world, they were not barbarians as the Huns.

In those lands it was made the great History of both Empires: how to forget Crassus? How to forget the failed expedition of Antonius against the Parthians? How to forget the sack of Antioch following the defeat and the capture of the Emperor Valerian at Edessa? ... and then, the repeated Roman sacks of Ctesiphon, during the II and III centuries? The death of Julian at Samarra! Centuries of war and diplomacy at the highest levels, a neverending struggle causing the ruin of both the Empires. This is the complex History of the relations and the wars between Rome and Persia.

The Sassanid Empire was an highly civilized Empire not inferior to Rome for sure, the two parts exchanged their roles many times, frequently the Romans sacked the Persian lands acting as barbarians, killing and burning all they found on their way, the same did the Sassanids in many occasions, and actually the Age of Attila was not the climax of the bad relations between Romans and Sassanids.
    This game looks like a Fantasy game, occasionally using history as background. I know that not many players have read Ammianus Marcellinus, Zosimos or the Emperor Julian's works, but this is not a good reason to offer us a so weak historical picture of that age, History is always more interesting than Fantasy.

Just once, try to give us some History, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    What I feel deeply wrong here (apart the units' armors, colors and weapons) it is the whole concept about the Sassanids, seen as a terrible barbaric horde, invading the 'civilized' Roman Empire, the Sassanids look like an horde of fanatics and filthy barbarians, the reality was totally different, Romans and Persians (Parthians firstly then the Sassanids) were engaged in a tragic fight for five centuries, they were the greatest political entities of the Ancient World, the Sassanid Empire was not a nomadic horde of barbarians! It was a enormous Empire with a very complex political, cultural, and military organizations, its religion influenced the Roman world, they were not barbarians as the Huns.

In those lands it was made the great History of both Empires: how to forget Crassus? How to forget the failed expedition of Antonius against the Parthians? How to forget the sack of Antioch following the defeat and the capture of the Emperor Valerian at Edessa? ... and then, the repeated Roman sacks of Ctesiphon, during the II and III centuries? The death of Julian at Samarra! Centuries of war and diplomacy at the highest levels, a neverending struggle causing the ruin of both the Empires. This is the complex History of the relations and the wars between Rome and Persia.

The Sassanid Empire was an highly civilized Empire not inferior to Rome for sure, the two parts exchanged their roles many times, frequently the Romans sacked the Persian lands acting as barbarians, killing and burning all they found on their way, the same did the Sassanids in many occasions, and actually the Age of Attila was not the climax of the bad relations between Romans and Sassanids.
    This game looks like a Fantasy game, occasionally using history as background. I know that not many players have read Ammianus Marcellinus, Zosimos or the Emperor Julian's works, but this is not a good reason to offer us a so weak historical picture of that age, History is always more interesting than Fantasy.

Just once, try to give us some History, please.
    A great comment just like what i expected from such you!
    I am very happy that finally i found a man that already know what was the reality and what CA wants us believe!
    The same thing that CA did in the past Rome II TW about Parthians and now they try to do in Attila about Persians!
    And should add this for your good words :+rep
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I found this vid on FB about what actually was the Sassanian Civilization during the Late Antiquity, please watch it, I don't want to be polemic with CA, but this video is just a way to start to make some justice in the name of the memory of the greatest enemy of Rome and of one of the greatest Civilizations of the Ancient World:

I am disappointed that the Huns wont be playable, This game has gone from a must have to a...Whenever I get some cash game.
    "Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_horse_spirit View Post
    I am disappointed that the Huns wont be playable, This game has gone from a must have to a...Whenever I get some cash game.

o.O just because the Huns are not playable it is not worth it ?? Lol

is it not so that we can play them ? I thought they said you can play them..

nonetheless there are so much other factions ican't see what this would change 😆😆

Cobi Wan Kenobi's Avatar Centenarius

The Huns are playable.

Im just sick of ca eastern desert fetish.Most of sassanian land are mountainous not desert.Also most of iranic culture symbol based on mountains..

You cannot mention Imperial Rome and leave out the Sassanids. They were essentially ying and yang for more than 400 years...Hard not to get excited about this release.
    Last edited by Cyrus the Elder; February 11, 2015 at 09:01 PM.

klesh's Avatar Senator

How many years before NapoleonII: TW?

This melee blob stuff (still) looks terrible. Flashy trailers cannot trump the apprehension I have with Total War products at this point.
    Still playing Napoleon:TW

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456