Thread: Events in Mundus Magnus 1.5/1.6

Default Events in Mundus Magnus 1.5/1.6

Hello there. I have a quick question for wiser minds concerning historical events in mods, specifically Mundus Magnus.

I'm currently running MM 1.5/1.6 and the game is running smoothly for the most part. Very stable. Lots of fun. I have to offer my compliments to the people who made this map and supported it. I have encountered a few non-gamebreaking problems however, one of which is that no historical events seem to be happening.

The latest author of MM included an event file for the campaign and I have followed the installation instructions exactly. I have deleted the "base" and campaign specific map.rwm files. Is there anything else I need to do or anything else I could check?

As the Marius Reforms are hardcoded (as I understand), I guess the gameplay impact of the historical events not firing is rather minor, but it would still be a nice thing to work out.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Events in Mundus Magnus 1.5/1.6

Mundus Magnus is a 'Provincial' campaign....did you install it in it's own folder under 'campaigns'? Like 'Mundus Magnus'?

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Moved to the TW ERAs Mod Threads.

Have you tried this Mundus Magnus? http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?mod=780 The reforms and historical events are no problem in this one, I haven't testet other recent ones.

Yes, that is the MM version I'm playing with (it is actually 1.3/1.5, my bad). It appears that the Mundus Magnus provincial campaign is installed under /campaigns/mundus magnus, as it should be. All very odd. I can't see any reason why a few details like this wouldn't be working...

Could it possibly be the way I installed the application in the first place? To get MM1.5 running I ( 1 ) installed Rome: TW, ( 2 ) installed Rome: BI, ( 3 ) installed MM1.5. Should I perhaps just try installing Rome: TW, patching, and then installing MM (skipping BI entirely)?