Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NTW Bourbon Naval

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default NTW Bourbon Naval

Think I finally made the naval part of this game completely enjoyable. Epic. The difference is enermous. Won't even describe it. And it had mistakes that put it lower than ETW naval.

Ships sale slower, turn slower, increased morale and changed fire pattern and damages. Much longer fights, damage adjusted to that.

Cannon sounds replaced and enhanced so that at last there is a real sound and battle roar. Even too loud ... And you can hear the sound of steam propeller ships very well. Kind of added machine feeling ..

Swinging of ships visible and dependant on current wind (calm,breeze,gale etc). Removed calm weather even surface (is now gale).

Created mass ship production. Will be full of 20unit stacks after the few first tirns. However some factions had bad unit roster in vanilla game (lacked ships). That wasn't changed because other mods do it and not to conflict. For example you can load this mod atop of Grand Fleet mod and will have these and the bigger ship variety per faction, all, it's compatible.

Was tried on a game having the Peninsular campaign, I presume goes for all campaigns. Wasn't tried on a game without the additionary campaigns. If it crashes with these, report here.

Guess the english will make me Roi d'Angleterre for this mod ...

Next stage: Assigning diff sounds for each steam ship. If someone wishes to help in that will be welcome !

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6mD2b_vVrg

New version 17.12.2014. Enhanced Campaign AI recruitment and behaviour. I present you, the Bourbon English Fleet. Note that, first, there are 3 fleets who guard Porthsmouth, they don't move frantically but stay there and guard. Also in the other ports are stationed 20 units fleets with the same purpose. Second, the recruitment slots at the moment of the test were still recruiting, in full capacity. Third , the fleet composition is varied, evident in the ones, tested near Gibraltar. Guess there hasn't been anything like that in this game so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isit...ature=youtu.be

version 4 removed

WARNING: TO AVOID CRASHES IN BATTLE GIVE LESS COMMANDS IN THE HEAT OF BATTLE, OR TOWARDS THE END OF IT. CONSTANT CHANGING ORDERS WILL CONFUSE THE ENGINE AND THE SOUND AND WILL RESULT IN CRASH. LIKEWISE AVOID SELECTING UNIT CARDS WITHOUT BREAK.

Additional Smoke, Dust, Blood, Particles, Efects, not my work; recommended:

Download link: http://dfiles.eu/files/iufyyuqos

NEW VERSION of 03.07.2015

Further improved campaign stats. AI was tested in ETW where Britain had the task to send overseas both armies and fleets to guard its american colonies. Because I wasn't satisfied to see a colony receive support just from the neighbouring region, since it's an Empire, the centre had to actually care for everything to be well maintained and militarily supplied. This will not be so well noticed in NTW but I think there are the results too.

Make a test whether the mod is loaded well. You have to check ship cost, turns recruitment and tenslotsrecruitment for all ports on the campaign in any port. Ship cost unlike in ETW is not lower, however upkeep is, 10 times lower. So remember the upkeep of a certain ship original value and see if on the campaign map is one zero less. If yes, there is to that zero turns recruitment for smallest ships and the ten slots recruitment for all ports is on, the mod is loaded correctly. Also check battle performance if ships turn slower that is indicative enough mod is loaded well. If some of these is not present, the mod is loaded partially some of its parts being overrided by other mods or vanilla files. In such case you'll have to do a double loading - both as a mod and movie pack, that is - clone the mod in Pack File Manager in movie format and paste this and the mod file in data/. Only the mod version needs however activation in user.script.

More info in files readme.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://dfiles.eu/files/l4rjf2843

upd oct2015

use the mod with the Economy Boost mod and other stuff from here:

http://depositfiles.com/files/qnh3fq4po

​NEW VERSION 9 of 22.V.2016:

http://depositfiles.com/files/6x3x971dp

Last edited by Dracula; May 22, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: NTW Naval Fix All in One

Does this come with the cannon sounds? Cause I'm using another mod for cannon sounds and just want the bobbing ships part of this mod.
    This mod have only the bobbing ships thingy or does it come with sound? And if it comes with sound can I get a version with just the bobbing?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Wes_95 View Post
    Does this come with the cannon sounds? Cause I'm using another mod for cannon sounds and just want the bobbing ships part of this mod.
    This mod have only the bobbing ships thingy or does it come with sound? And if it comes with sound can I get a version with just the bobbing?
    If you no how to use the pack file manger just open the mod & delete the sfx entry & save the file. (don't forget to back up your original file)

Quote Originally Posted by Wes_95 View Post
    What the previous poster said was correct. If you can't use Mod Manager for some reason, just load the other cannon sounds pack with the user.script atop of this mod (to be above it in the table) and it will work.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Do you know if there is a way to make a "copy" of a unit and force it to use a specific texture?

Perhaps, but I don't know where the texture responsible lines are.

Private Normal's Avatar Civis

The download link is dead???? Could you fix please? Thank you.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I think it works. Don't know where you try to download it from.

I love this mod but I have problems with it crashing. I am using also Darth Mod? Are they incompatible??
    [IMG][/IMG]

I have identified when the Mod crashes. Whenever a fleet owned by Mecklenberg Strelitz attacks the mod crashes?? This will happen without the Darthmod activated on a new campaign.
    [IMG][/IMG]

It is compatible with Darthmod. Don't know about Mecklenburg, what may be the issue. Does the fleet of Mecklenburg go normally without the mod ? Sometimes it's things not connected with any mod but the game itself. Try autoresolving battles only for that faction a few times and see will it persist or you will be able to play other battles with Mecklenburg. In any case there aren't separate Mecklenburg-Strelitz naval stats, so it's maybe from the composition of the game with factions, which is not part of this mod.
    Last edited by Dracula; January 13, 2015 at 11:13 AM.

To the best of my knowledge Mecklenberg doesn't build a fleet without this mod. I have been able to bypass the crash, so I think you are right, it is to do with Factions. I really do like this mod as it totally changes the game.
    [IMG][/IMG]

With the vanilla settings noone did build something. They had been comparatively kept the same in most other mods to my surprise. Even heard that, for the sake of realism, ship building time had to be increased. And the starting point was 8 turns for a SOL first class. First the AI was limited by task in that by its settings, second, it usually could not afford it (2-3000 for a SOL at an average income for a faction 10000 per turn, and the construction of buildings comes first ...), third, when it did commission ships, it could only 3 - 6 at one time, depending on the dock, so it took average of 1-2 ships for a turn, waited ca.4 turns to finish them and when they were finally ready (say 2 ships), omitted other commissions because of higher priorities. Thus when I played vanilla, once you defeated a large fleet, which only England actually had, such a fleet would not reappear again...Theorethically it could do it (build a large fleet) but for so many turns one would never play so long, and if it was never attacked and just piled up ships and armies ...Especially because average number of ships per fleet was 6, now is above 14, forgot now, set it in ETW 14, here must had put even higher number. Briefly so described, it is completely different.

Nice to hear feedback from you.
    Last edited by Dracula; January 13, 2015 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    With the vanilla settings noone did build something. They had been comparatively kept the same in most other mods to my surprise. Even heard that, for the sake of realism, ship building time had to be increased. And the starting point was 8 turns for a SOL first class. First the AI was limited by task in that by its settings, second, it usually could not afford it (2-3000 for a SOL at an average income for a faction 10000 per turn, and the construction of buildings comes first ...), third, when it did commission ships, it could only 3 - 6 at one time, depending on the dock, so it took average of 1-2 ships for a turn, waited ca.4 turns to finish them and when they were finally ready (say 2 ships), omitted other commissions because of higher priorities. Thus when I played vanilla, once you defeated a large fleet, which only England actually had, such a fleet would not reappear again...Theorethically it could do it (build a large fleet) but for so many turns one would never play so long, and if it was never attacked and just piled up ships and armies ...Especially because average number of ships per fleet was 6, now is above 14, forgot now, set it in ETW 14, here must had put even higher number. Briefly so described, it is completely different.

Nice to hear feedback from you.

This is a first class mod. I still have some problems with crashes, but I have avoided them by replaying and changing the conditions which caused them. These crashes occurred so far with Mecklenberg and Italy fleets attacking an enemy. Presumably they build something which causes the crash. Not to worry, this is still the Ultimate Naval Mod out there. A rep for you.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I need to know whether everyone gets the new steam engine sound. Because of driver compatibility some machines may not play it but the game will go. So is there something heard around the chimneys or not ? Actually the new one is quite loud, from a few miles away ... the old one was just around the ship a bit.

Also on campaign, in battles, does completely calm weather (water surface) still appear sometimes ? Cause I replaced it with gale but in custom battles it appears instead of some other weather, need to know is it so too in the campaign.

Is there a way to ensure this mod is compatible with Darthmod. I am experiencing a unrecoverable CTD when I get to Level 4 Technology. It seems to be a mod conflict and has only occurred since I installed the Naval Mod. I LOVE your mod and can't conceive of playing without it, equally I can't go back to playing vanilla without the Darthmod Bran Mac Born edit.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I need to know whether everyone gets the new steam engine sound. Because of driver compatibility some machines may not play it but the game will go. So is there something heard around the chimneys or not ? Actually the new one is quite loud, from a few miles away ... the old one was just around the ship a bit.

Also on campaign, in battles, does completely calm weather (water surface) still appear sometimes ? Cause I replaced it with gale but in custom battles it appears instead of some other weather, need to know is it so too in the campaign.
    Unfortunately I can't get to Steam because of the CTD, however the rough weather seems to be in both Campaign and Battles.
    [IMG][/IMG]

I haven't touched the technologies at all, even don't have a table related to this in the mod.

Switch the Naval Mod off and see will you pass without it in Level 4 technology.
    Last edited by Dracula; February 04, 2015 at 10:27 AM.

Latest version Naval 6 uploaded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast