Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Total War: ATTILA- Dev Blog

Cobi Wan Kenobi's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA- Dev Blog

I know the major complaints. Yes it should be an expansion. But you could say that about almost every game. At least they're not asking us to shell out $60 every November to get the "new" Call of Duty BS. Also see Assassin's Creed, Halo, etc.

Yes I am mainly buying for a family tree, but I do like the time period.
    Last edited by Cobi Wan Kenobi; December 05, 2014 at 10:54 PM.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    Attila isn't a new game, its BI2 (an expansion of R2) being marketed as a new game. It even uses the same map. Modified no more than Augustus was from the GC. Augustus was free, but Attila is a "completely separate game" just because they add fire gimmicks and bring back a few cut features that should have been in R2. They already brought seasons back to R2, even though they said it was impossible initially, and they could do the same with family tree. They are making a marketing decision to reserve family trees for BI2 to make it seam more different from R2 and think people who want family trees in R2 will buy Bi2 since it has family trees and R2 doesn't.
    lol nothing is impossible to those who try, or desire more money to keep from being shut down by sega for making crappy games

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Butan View Post
    I didnt say comeback features were being claimed as new, and new features being claimed as innovative. I said comeback features and new ones were treated as new and innovative. Connect the dots accordingly.
    My critic also point toward the vocabulary used for both categories (past features and new ones), which is in both cases spectacular and doesnt fit the reality of most of what is described. PR routine, I know... I like to waste my time pointing the obvious.
    I don't understand? you are criticizing ca on bringing back features that we, the fans, have long asked for since R2 release? why? because they made the announcement too flashy?

dude, get your priorities straight and learn to criticize!
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    I don't understand? you are criticizing ca on bringing back features that we, the fans, have long asked for since R2 release? why? because they made the announcement too flashy?

dude, get your priorities straight and learn to criticize!
    Of course he isn't criticizing them for bringing back features. He was criticizing them for cutting them from Rome II and now sometimes pretending they are new features to try to sell more copies of BI2 (while marketing it as a separate game). To try to make BI2 sound better and more different, they have at times referred to features that were in most TW games (such as a family tree) as new. I've grown used to their propaganda so something like this doesn't really bother me, but i understand what he's saying. Nearly everyone wants family trees, but we want them in Rome II, not just its expansion. I won't be playing BI2 at all unless modders are able to get rid of all the fire gimmicks. And that will take a while, if even possible, since its so entrenched in the game. By then it will be on sale for $15 and MAYBE modders will be able to make it worth that much. Until then i wouldn't even want it if it was free.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I am looking at this in a positive way: if they bring back features that have been missing since Med2 then maybe they will bring back full moddability (that has been missing since Med2). Who knows, I might actually one day mod on the warscape engine.
    I will, however, not hold my breath.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    need more proof that atilla is just a mod of rome 2? the angry persians say the same in rome 2 as they do here:
    Why wouldn't they re-use some dialouge? It's still relevant, seems pointless to do it over again.

Also I love how you pointed out that one thing as proof that the game is the same when there are a billion things in this picture alone that are completely different

I don't understand why people are complaining about new features. It's a new game, they tend to have new stuff in them. Would you prefer if they didn't add them? Seems people are determined to moan about the most tenuous things they can hold on to!
    Last edited by Sebidee; December 27, 2014 at 09:12 AM.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Very very interesting, married daughter yes yes i like it back
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123