Thread: Rome Campaign Glitch

Ownager's Avatar Senator

Default Rome Campaign Glitch

I've got a weird glitch that has ground my roman campaign to a halt. For some reason, every time I start my campaign, it says "heroic death" three times, about three different generals. It makes no sense because two of those generals didn't fight a battle last turn and the third survived his battle. When I go see their legions, they have "gray" character faces. If I click in one, CTD. I really want to get moving as its the second roman rebellion and I've been waiting a long time for this.
    "It is the part of the fool to say, I should not have thought." -Scipio Africanus

"We will either find a way or make one." -Hannibal Barca

Default Re: Rome Campaign Glitch

I'm making a bit of a guess, as this has never happened to me, but I suspect this is one of those 'campaign-ending corruptions' that can occur if multiple character(s) with the same name have been created. This can happen if the script is not run each and every time.

See if you can ignore it (ie not 'click on one') and carry on. If not, then return to a previous, one of your regular, save some few years before and try to re-proceed from there. Finally, do the latter and (as it seems you know who those generals are) replace them and get them killed fast.

You might then be able to recover. If it is this issue, then it's another timely reminder to make sure the script is run each and every time.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Agree with Tedric. I had a random bug that made the game crash whenever I panned over Gaul. I make a new save at the end of every turn now.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Ownager's Avatar Senator

Problem is that they command three legions between them. If I try to move them out of the stack, CTD. If I try to fight with them, CTD. I've got three of my most needed legions sitting around doing squat.

I made more saves than usual on this campaign, usually when there was an in game event like the Cimbri Invasion of my own Greek Invasion. I reloaded one that was ten years before the incident and had no problems playing through it. However, the rebellion just hit before I saved, so I'm once again concerned that once I warm up the computer and start the game, I'll have a glitch in my face. No problems so far though.
    Last edited by Ownager; December 04, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
    "It is the part of the fool to say, I should not have thought." -Scipio Africanus

"We will either find a way or make one." -Hannibal Barca

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ownager View Post
    Problem is that they command three legions between them. If I try to move them out of the stack, CTD. If I try to fight with them, CTD. I've got three of my most needed legions sitting around doing squat.

I made more saves than usual on this campaign, usually when there was an in game event like the Cimbri Invasion of my own Greek Invasion. I reloaded one that was ten years before the incident and had no problems playing through it. However, the rebellion just hit before I saved, so I'm once again concerned that once I warm up the computer and start the game, I'll have a glitch in my face. No problems so far though.
    Is it an idea to remove the stacks from the generals?
    Just take everyone out except for the generals, get new generals, let the bugged ones just stand there and die.