It seems a lot of Skytho-Iranian style arrowheads were fired by the Neo-Babylonian army during their conquest of the Levant. It's my understanding that the Neo-Babylonian army was largely based on the Neo-Assyrian army, but apparently these arrowheads don't show up in Assyrian contexts. The sheer number of them seems to indicate they were used by the Babylonians themselves rather just by some Scythian allies or mercenaries. I've recently become interested in them after coming across a vast quantity of them among unpublished finds sitting in a university basement, but I don't really know much about them, their history or their development. If anyone is interested, here's a conference paper presented at the at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Oriental Research about Scytho-Iranian arrowheads found in the Levant:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jacob_arrowhead_ASOR-libre.pdf 
Views:	5 
Size:	2.31 MB 
ID:	317758

The author discusses a typology created by Serge Cleuziou which was published in an out-of-print book titled Le plateau iranien et l’Asie centrale dès origines à la conquête islamique: Leur relations à la lumière des documents archéologiques (1977). The relevant chapter is "Les Pointes de flèches 'scythiques' au Proche et Moyen Orient", +rep to anyone who can share a PDF copy of it.

Anyone know of any other good secondary sources on the topic? Also feel free to discuss any historical aspects related to the arrowheads development and function. There are a few issues raised by the paper I posted, such as the controversy as to where they were first developed - the steppe or the Middle East.