Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [PREVIEW] Campaign Changes for 1.0

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [PREVIEW] Campaign Changes for 1.0

Great stuff! Can't wait

Oh. My. God. This is sounds so great! You guys are fantastic, can't wait for the release

Quote Originally Posted by GatoVolador View Post
    Yay! Parthia no longer has to backstab their Dahae allies in order to thrive! Awesome!
    Getting the confederation with Parthava will be tricky, seeing that they start hating each other, but still, AWESOME!!
    Any chance of parthia getting new temples (or temples added)?

Are Ardiaei the only ones with illyrian culture? That will make their campaign pretty interesting...

The roman ass-saving script sounds pretty badass too. You guys rock!

Cheers

Edit: What will be the "official" religion for ptolemaioi? Still hellenic? They will have a tuff campaign now too, as they already have a penalty to PO with foreign cultures, plus cyrenaica back again.... hmmm, challenge... much love
    The Illyrian culture will be all 3 factions that start in Illyria.

The Parthians do have their own temples, they are just similar to the existing Eastern ones so I didn't post them.

The Ptolemaics have their own "religion" now, that is the entire point of these new cultures. In Rome 2, they are the "religion." So, Egypt will have its own culture rather than Hellenic. This is to represent the fact that, although it was Hellenic at the top of the social structure, many deep and ancient aspects of Egypt's native culture still existed.

Quote Originally Posted by GatoVolador View Post
    I do not quite understand what is meant by "bonuses from jew or indian culture", could you explain a litlle? I mean, in general in this game it is detrimental to have foreign cultures around messing with your P.O.
    Every region has historical cultural bonuses for that area based on what cultures existed there at the time. For some regions, they will receive Judaic or Indian cultural bonuses. The reason we added in the Judaic cultural bonuses was because that region is historically volatile throughout the time period of the game. We are working on creating ways to have that represented in game. The Indian culture is present on the far eastern regions of the map and is also necessary for our future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    This is going to be the best game of 2013 with this mod, REP!I really like the changes to Parthia and the cultural changes, when you create a new culture do you need to edit the startpos through the Assembly kit? A little of topic I know but whenever I try with the Assembly kit it fails.
    I manually edited the religions into the startpos using an esf to xml exporter. You can also do it by hand in ESF editor.
    Last edited by Dresden; November 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

A burning question I have to the scriptor.. Will 1.0 also be working correctly with all the added scripting in MPC?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterlichvon86 View Post
    A burning question I have to the scriptor.. Will 1.0 also be working correctly with all the added scripting in MPC?
    the city information script will not work as the advisor is deactivated in MP. Everything else will work.

Semisalis

more to read, its like the hype before a videogame release, you read all you can about the game. I dont know why you think the advisor way of giving you information on public order penalty while garrisoned is bad. In my opinion you dont need a special UI thing for that, I like it.
    Last edited by Alu10; November 28, 2014 at 01:27 PM.

Awsome, stunning and heart-stopping Simply amazing! I love all this and hope you get all the stuff working like you want it to work!
    Eagerly (but patiently) waiting for 1.0!

WOW, looks excellent!

Been waiting since around when CA made sieges workable, to play properly.

So I remember you guys talking about implementing Mitch's populous mod a while back but since he has gone on hiatus what is the current plan regarding the mod? As in is there any way you guys can get a hold of the unfinished scripts and try to finish it?

It is Mitch's mod, so that is his to finish and release. If/when he does AND he also grants permission for its use in DeI, we will most certainly work to have it be a part of the mod.

This is some impressive work you guys are doing on 1.0. This mod has nearly reached gold status with it's 1.0.

I particularly like the new aspects like historical info for major settlements, the UI changes, and things of that nature. Really adds to the atmosphere of the game, in my view. Great job. Bar is set very high for mods thanks to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    This is some impressive work you guys are doing on 1.0. This mod has nearly reached gold status with it's 1.0.

I particularly like the new aspects like historical info for major settlements, the UI changes, and things of that nature. Really adds to the atmosphere of the game, in my view. Great job. Bar is set very high for mods thanks to you guys.
    Thanks ABH2. The TWC modding community is a huge asset that we appreciate fully.

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

How about historical info not only for major settlements, but for every faction encountered - including/especially minor (like CiG)? It will be very interesting to know more about the factions you encounter, not only their name.

Amazing work guys, you are the BEST!!!

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by suras333 View Post
    How about historical info not only for major settlements, but for every faction encountered - including/especially minor (like CiG)? It will be very interesting to know more about the factions you encounter, not only their name.
    possible, but we decided to go with cities. Right now we have 24 cities for the GC Further more a lot of information about factions can be found in the selection screen prior to the campaign, it would only make sense to do it for non playable factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    the city information script will not work as the advisor is deactivated in MP. Everything else will work.
    That means that it is playable, awesome. An MPC doesn't allow for the amounts of time getting spent for immersion as in Singleplayer, I guess, since the other player is always waiting.

I like the sound of the new Garrison and public order scripts especially with the leaders in capitals emphasis.

And the Rome defense scripts sounds good to keep the going some games.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

About Cyrene, it was a greek settlement, so i think it should be greek

As i recall, it was founded during the second wave of greek colonization in the Mediterrean
    It was mainly used to promote trade between the greek and egyptian world,
    and was obviously still greek during it´s secession from ptolemaic egypt.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Totaly agree with u Maetharin. But did the devs said that Cyrene will be somethink else in 1.0?

Cyrene will be Hellenic.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast