Thread: Darth mod will not start

Default Darth mod will not start

I went to the workshop page and subscribed to the Darth mod version. It loaded fine. I have steam. I closed steam and restarted. I select the play button. If I do not tick the box for the Darth mod version, the vanilla version works fine. If I tick the box to play with the Darth mod version, the load proceeds to the shogun splash screen and at the point where (in vanilla version) the cursor changes to an arrowhead, the game crashes back to steam. It is November 2014 so I assume a latest update to the Shogun game prevents this older mod from running? Is there a way to run out of date mods (like other darth mods for total war games?) Is it the direct X9 versus directX11 issue? Any help would be appreciated, thank you. Edit update. Still no success with any version of Darth mod either with steam startup or launcher version outside of steam. I have Win 7. I've checked all my drivers, my machine is working as it should. I can only assume some update made to Shogun (the most recent patch well after Darth's last look at his mod in 2012 perhaps to incorporate the latest DLC's?) has made this mod unplayable due to some conflict in loading the files. I'm not a computer guy so I can only hazard a guess. The lack of response on this forum suggests no one is even playing this game or mod anymore?
    Last edited by gdpsnake; December 05, 2014 at 11:39 AM.

Default Re: Darth mod will not start

I'm having exactly the same issue, word for word. I have attempted to use both the Steam Workshop version as well as the launcher/install version here on this site. I've tried every quick fix I can find. I have also tried completely deleting and reinstalling Shogun II and the mods twice. Any help would be greatly appreciated!