Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic World (trailer inside)

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Jurassic World (trailer inside)

Searched for a while, couldn't find a thread. Might have glossed over it.

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Default Re: Jurassic World (trailer inside)

Yeh. Mixed feelings about this. They certainly gave it a bigger budget and attention than the third movie so there's that.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Yet another ground breaking franchise from the early 90's that started taking lessons from SyFy channel.

This just looks and feels horrible, I mean everything. The effects are slightly better than Asylum's while the acting and the premise are basically identical.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Guys, I'm sure that Jurassic World will find a way

He will be thoroughly missed. He and the T-Rex are basically why I enjoy the first movie so much.

^ And Doctor Grant, he's awesome.

But on this one, one good thing to say that i have is... wow that scientist lady is pretty.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    wow that scientist lady is pretty.
    I thought this is about dinosaurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Yet another ground breaking franchise from the early 90's that started taking lessons from SyFy channel.

This just looks and feels horrible, I mean everything. The effects are slightly better than Asylum's while the acting and the premise are basically identical.
    You do realize that the movie is still 7 months away and the effects probably still being worked on, right?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

flota's Avatar Tiro

It would have been great, maybe just cameos of grant and chaos guy
    Imposible is Nothing.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Honestly, it looks like it will more than likely be terrible...but I'll still probably see, because dinosaurs :p

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

I thought it looked good until Chris Pratt was riding a motorcycle with his band of velociraptors. Eh, I'll still see it. We've been waiting a very, very long time for a new Jurassic Park (World) movie. It was in development hell for years and I just want a new dinosaur movie, darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I thought this is about dinosaurs.
    Doesnt hurt having some other stuff to look at i guess.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Doesnt hurt having some other stuff to look at i guess.
    That little ginger cookie has a name you know: Bryce Dallas Howard.

Oh yeah. That's a naughty little ginger cookie.

Katie McGrath will also appear in this film, yet another cookie that will be yummy in my tummy.

OK, I'm done being creepy now. As for the trailer, I thought it looked meh. I will suspend judgment, though, and waste my hard-earned money watching it in theater for cheap summer thrills. The first movie is so damn good, such a classic, that I have to believe they can make something as good or better. The cynic in me is saying that will never happen, though, considering how bad the two sequels were.
    Last edited by Roma_Victrix; November 26, 2014 at 03:41 PM. Reason: possible ToS violation, not sure

Whhaaa?????? That is not the real trailer for the new Jurassic Park, it's the skit they did when that lead dude was on SNL. At least, i'm sure that's waht it is...that or maybe the OP pulled this from Funny Or Die. If that's the real trailer then....wow. They didn't even try to make it look better than the 3rd movie....

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah I'm very underwhelmed by the CGI.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hastings View Post
    I thought it looked good until Chris Pratt was riding a motorcycle with his band of velociraptors. .
    Naked velociraptors, too. They should have feathers and be slightly smaller (more around the size of a Great Bustard or a condor IIRC). Apparently the makers of the franchise are blissfully oblivious to the findings of the last few decades of dinosaur research.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

​And? Isn't that the signature of JP? Naked raptors? Anyways, the raptors are not natural, they're genetically engineered, so of course it won't have feathers. And really, do you really think a feathered raptor would be terrifying?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    ​And? Isn't that the signature of JP? Naked raptors? Anyways, the raptors are not natural, they're genetically engineered, so of course it won't have feathers. And really, do you really think a feathered raptor would be terrifying?
    When it's busy ripping out your abdomen, yes, it squealing at you and raising all its plumage of feathers at once would probably be about the most terrifying thing you could imagine before dying.

Raptors aren't the only dinosaurs with feathers. T. rex apparently had them, too. And it'd be a challenge to the animators to make them look terrifying.
    Also:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

One of these guys killed and ate the Taung child, a famous early hominid specimen. And there was a larger species in New Zealand that's been suspected of preying on people. Grown-up people, that is.

Are you joking? Dinosaurs with feathers aren't necessarily "cute". And in the early 90s they just didn't know it better. The actors from the first three movies aren't on board anymore and it's more than 10 ago that JP III was on the big screen, so it wouldn't have been necessary to carry on with totally outdated concepts. Even the box office flop "Walking with Dinosaurs 3D" made that better.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast