Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(02/20/2018 update)

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak

Could the effect be acheived by LUA in-game scripting? I won´t use cheat engine but there might be workaround?
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

I have used Cheat engine alot of time especially to boost money. I don't think you are banned if you use for singleplayer. Also it's not a cheat but a appliance of proper code that was been downgraded.

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    I have just given a try and works. Is there a way to put this at work in the game without being forced to do the procedure each time?
    We should ask CA also to make this in the game asap because it's a shame how the game appears now and this small tweak gives back justice to Rome II.

P.S. why in offline mode? I have done this online and seems to work...
    They coul add some.simple options (even only on the preference file) to tweak lod distance, ghost camera, or also spotlights, something that would require almost no work from their side but nope, they don't make anything!
    Unfortunately we have to rely on thelse user unfriendly stuff (thanks to awesome users such as ysl, otherwise we'd have nothing) to have some customization.
    Unfortunately this will become unfunctionial with the next patch, and it'll need to be done again; if you, ysl, have some knowledge you can share it would be welcomed.
    Last edited by =Vastator=; November 27, 2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by =Vastator= View Post
    They coul add some.simple options (even only on the preference file) to tweak lod distance, ghost camera, or also spotlights, something that would require almost no work from their side but nope, they don't make anything!
    Unfortunately we have to rely on thelse user unfriendly stuff (thanks to awesome users such as ysl, otherwise we'd have nothing) to have some customization.
    Unfortunately this will become unfunctionial with the next patch, and it'll need to be done again; if you, ysl, have some knowledge you can share it would be welcomed.
    You are absolutely right. It's a real unfortunate situation which could be solved by them in no time. The only hope we have is that they understood that and that, in the meanwhile, we could use this workaround.

The more I use this, the more I feel so pity they removed this. If there was a way to force them to bring it back in....

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Another "hotfix" , and ca is yet to add a toggle option for the stupid fade out of soldiers.
    Can you please update your mod in order to function for the new hotfix?
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Agree. We need a fix for this awsome "mod".

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak (updated for patch 16 hotfix)

Updated for patch 16 hotfix. This time I upload the .CETRAINER file which can auto-detect Rome.exe, so it should be a bit more convenient. (hotkeys are different now)

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak (updated for patch 16 hotfix)

Quote Originally Posted by ysl View Post
    Updated for patch 16 hotfix. This time I upload the .CETRAINER file which can auto-detect Rome.exe, so it should be a bit more convenient. (hotkeys are different now)
    GREAT JOB YSL!!

Bloody well done men!

can you explaine how to use this because when i press shift f5 game crashes thanks

=Vastator='s Avatar Senator

Will you make an update for the 16.1 patch?
    Disclaimer: the post above is way way prealpha, the final version will be way better than this.

lets hope that the latest hotfix wont disturb the fade out feature, you got that fixed till that evening, the previous fix wouldnt work it caused me ctd's

The hotfix doesnt work... DAMN ca, you deny to give as the toggle option and you make hotfixes that destroy the mod that fixed the major problem that you have created!

EDIT: OK sorry i've seen that the latest version of the fix works, THANKS ALOT YSL!!
    I would rep you again if i could
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; January 02, 2015 at 12:33 PM. Reason: dp/merged

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak (updated for v2.2.0 build 15558.627558)

I made a small mistake in the latest update, so if you have downloaded it, I suggest you grab it again. sorry

Default Re: LOD increase, no soldier fading, and other graphic tweak (updated for v2.2.0 build 15558.627558)

Thanks YSL!! You actually fixed ROme 2 for me! I hope you will keep coming back with updates, until ca fix that issue(which i highly doubt now they are ignoring it for months)

This method crashes randomly during custom battles, but maybe this workaround was only designed for campaign mode?

*EDIT*

It crashes during campaign too. Did what the description said by started the trainer before starting the game, pressed shift+f4 once on the main menu, loaded a campaign game, pressed shift+f5 and the game instantly crashed.
    Last edited by FieryMastermind; December 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

Yes sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i load the trainer file with cheat engine and delete all the options apart from those that deactivate the fade out thing, unfortunately this latest version of either the trainer or Rome it self causes crashes when you exit any battle either in the campaign or a custom battle

Quote Originally Posted by FieryMastermind View Post
    This method crashes randomly during custom battles, but maybe this workaround was only designed for campaign mode?

*EDIT*

It crashes during campaign too. Did what the description said by started the trainer before starting the game, pressed shift+f4 once on the main menu, loaded a campaign game, pressed shift+f5 and the game instantly crashed.
    I am sorry that I'm not aware of possible crash during custom battle. Need to further investigate. As for the hotkey, I think what I say in the description is click the "load campaign" button, not actually load a save.

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    Yes sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt, i load the trainer file with cheat engine and delete all the options apart from those that deactivate the fade out thing, unfortunately this latest version of either the trainer or Rome it self causes crashes when you exit any battle either in the campaign or a custom battle
    The first group(3 items) in the trainer is to deal with in-game code check. If you delete it, the game will check certain sections of memory code when certain actions are taken.
    In the latest version of rome 2, once you click "end battle", the game will check the memory section including the "soldier fading" code, thus the crash.

I am sorry that I'm not aware of possible crash during custom battle. Need to further investigate. As for the hotkey, I think what I say in the description is click the "load campaign" button, not actually load a save.

The first group(3 items) in the trainer is to deal with in-game code check. If you delete it, the game will check certain sections of memory code when certain actions are taken.
    In the latest version of rome 2, once you click "end battle", the game will check the memory section including the "soldier fading" code, thus the crash.
    Very interesting information i didnt knew that the first options dealt with that matter but unfortunately i've checked it just moments ago and it doesnt work, well the shift f4 works fine for the first three options but when i press shift f5 for the fade out deactivation the game crashes.
    Thats all CA's fault, they are forcing users to brake their heads on trying to solve such a simple matter that they have created and they are totally ignoring the cries for a fix and forcing users to be depended upon the work and good will of intelligent moders , i have even mailed Jack lusted here on twcenter when i saw him online and he simply ignored me. Iam slowly getting angry with CA for that issue
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; December 23, 2014 at 03:20 PM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I think the modders and machinima creators should act more united and reasonable vocal on this subject. I think some of them have better connections to CA, especially those that visited the summit. Currently I feel that your worthy thread is just not on their agenda Alexandros, as long as more prominent names don't chip in for this really small but important issue.
    I want to point out again that the most reasonable solution would be a toggle not a rollback to the previous state as some seem to appreciate the fadeout cam change, which is also understandable.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast