Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(02/20/2018 update)

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(01/25/2018 update)

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    Hi GS, yeah id like a shot of your lite version,
    Aye back in the day ,dont have the time anymore for total war , lol only what i can fit in.
    Yeah time is precious and limited nowadays.
    Sure buddy here you are.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 30, 2018 at 01:31 PM.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(01/25/2018 update)

Hi GS, thanks but that link not working , can you check , all the best G

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    Hi GS, thanks but that link not working , can you check , all the best G
    Fixed it in my previous post.
    Sorry for the trouble, I'm using my tablet and messed it somehow.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 30, 2018 at 01:35 PM.

N omatter what I turn off but CE makes the game crash at certain point. It's totally due to simply CE because sometimes it happens in the first stages of the battles, others happens when the battle is about to finish, or in the middle, no matter what. The engine is not prepared for high quality of things like shadows or arrows staying forever...it simply can not deal with them so the game will crash always.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    N omatter what I turn off but CE makes the game crash at certain point. It's totally due to simply CE because sometimes it happens in the first stages of the battles, others happens when the battle is about to finish, or in the middle, no matter what. The engine is not prepared for high quality of things like shadows or arrows staying forever...it simply can not deal with them so the game will crash always.
    Bro. With the lightweight version I'm using, I have zero crashes or graphical issues whatsoever. I have already advised you to use this instead of the full version.

He releases a new version btw, more polished, but listen I guess it's the overhand animation pack from DeI and not CE.

He releases a new version btw, more polished, but listen I guess it's the overhand animation pack from DeI and not CE.
    I'll check the new version during the weekend bro.

Default Re: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(02/20/2018 update)

A bit of new stuff in the latest update:
    1. When a new political party forms, a general from player's party will become its leader. I am not a big fan of this and decide to provide a tweak to avoid this.
    2. In the bug fix of "firing range bonus with no actual effect", I made a mistake which will mess up the range in night battle. This is now corrected.
    3. In the campaign of Empire divided, if you load a save file in which there are armies in the state of disbandment, it's tradition skills(if any) will vanish if you reinstate it.
    The reason of this bug is that during the loading, the construction of skill tree of disbanded armies would acquire the faction name and faction subculture and compare with the skill node table data.
    However, the acquisition would fail and thus the comparison, resulting an empty skill tree. My solution is to bypass the comparison.
    Last edited by ysl; February 20, 2018 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: Graphics tweak, game mechanics tweak, and some bug fixes(02/20/2018 update)

Quote Originally Posted by ysl View Post
    A bit of new stuff in the latest update:
    1. When a new political party forms, a general from player's party will become its leader. I am not a big fan of this and decide to provide a tweak to avoid this.
    2. In the bug fix of "firing range bonus with no actual effect", I made a mistake which will mess up the range in night battle. This is now corrected.
    3. In the campaign of Empire divided, if you load a save file in which there are armies in the state of disbandment, it's tradition skills(if any) will vanish if you reinstate it.
    The reason of this bug is that during the loading, the construction of skill tree of disbanded armies would acquire the faction name and faction subculture and compare with the skill node table data.
    However, the acquisition would fail and thus the comparison, resulting an empty skill tree. My solution is to bypass the comparison.
    Great stuff buddy.

Foederatus

Hope you decide to update this soon ysl. Your tweaks are a must have for me to be able to fully enjoy Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecke View Post
    Hope you decide to update this soon ysl. Your tweaks are a must have for me to be able to fully enjoy Rome 2.
    Plus one of course.

My interest in Rome 2 is kind of run out, and therefore I won't be updating this anytime soon, or ever. Thanks for all the positive comments and farewell.

My interest in Rome 2 is kind of run out, and therefore I won't be updating this anytime soon, or ever. Thanks for all the positive comments and farewell.
    That's too bad, as it's probably the last big patch for Rome 2. Do you think your previous update will work without issues ? Haven't tried it yet.

Foederatus

That's a real shame, but understandable. Thank you for your efforts. Maybe we'll see you around for Thrones of Britannia or Three Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    That's too bad, as it's probably the last big patch for Rome 2. Do you think your previous update will work without issues ? Haven't tried it yet.
    I can sadly confirm that it does not work with the latest patch.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

That's to bad, thank you for your hard work ysl!

Then I'm just sτaying with Patch 18 and that's sad, cause we really like using Cheat engine in DEI team.
    Maybe we could persuade you for just a compatibility update at some point @ysl ? we'll really appreciate it.

PS
    If it's impossible, could you tell us how to update it at least ?

Cheers.

CE gives lot of ctds. Basically the system/engine is not able to handle such improvements and collapses eventually.

CE gives lot of ctds. Basically the system/engine is not able to handle such improvements and collapses eventually.
    You're right about the engine. But that's because you're using the full package bro. My custom stripped down version never gave me a CTD and I literally mean not even once.

Slashas's Avatar Miles

I mosly use the unlimited projectiles and fadeing fixes. They're amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Slashas View Post
    I mosly use the unlimited projectiles and fadeing fixes. They're amazing!
    They were. Before the update.