View Poll Results: Will you preorder Attila?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 20.18%
  • No

75 68.81%
  • Undecided

12 11.01%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will you preorder Attila?

Aikanįr's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Will you preorder Attila?

Quote Originally Posted by Bethencourt View Post
    "You know that feeling you get when you're standing in a high place... sudden urge to jump?... I don't have it."
    So you're going to buy it after all?

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Probably yeah, might get the Special Edition if the price is good, I'm a sucker for more stuff to go on my shelves.
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

im leaning on a yes for now, Shield wall!

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by IlluminatiRex View Post
    Probably yeah, might get the Special Edition if the price is good, I'm a sucker for more stuff to go on my shelves.
    as a special edition, it really don't offer to much, not compared to a game I need to have as a physical object of (see spoiler)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

OMG STICKERS!!! And A mAP!!!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah ill preorder

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

After buying Empire and seeing the obstacles of 32bit code, I made the statement I would not buy another one until they make it 64bit. This includes ATTILA.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I proudly belong to the 63,16 that answerd NO!

The previews have been tragic, the game actually is a Fantasy game, the gameplay is still that of Rome, probably worsened, so, as I didn't get Rome II I won't get Attila.

I hope in some distant future to see Victoria Total War or some other post-Napoleonic game, CA should now leave ancient history it's not the right terrain for them.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Not a hope! I'm going to do what I should have done with Rome 2: wait a year for them to fix all the bugs and release all the DLC, then get it all on sale, because it wont be worth the price their charging, at least not on release.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

The next time I preorder a Total War game is the time, I stand up from my PC and take a sledgehammer to my own kneecaps.

I never preorder anything, especially electronic/ software stuff. The DLCs are not a real draw because most are release when you are still playing the regular factions. Anyway, it's the mods that make the game more interesting.

=ANTiKES='s Avatar Miles

i've torched it already...

pre-ordering is for beta testers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanįr View Post
    So you're going to buy it after all?
    I have Rome II but when I try to play it I desist no getting to 50 turns, I was not going to buy it but a Rome I hosted mod project recruited me to make its Rome II version. No much battles played, no naval battles at all ( being a land pirate is not my plan). I think there must be a good feedback from users and a good Price for that to happen, and maybe then I still do not play with it. I have bought some of the Rome II campaigns in sales offers, but I still do not enjoy it, some kind of passing turns until a huge Roman army then after 25 or so turns of war decides to attack me when I thought that never would happen and I have sent my Carthaginian army to the other side of the map. Playing Carthage with no important naval challenge, with these naval battles mechanics...., icon building manager for several regions..., no walled cities..., strange concept for siege of walled cities.... I am playing now Stainless Steel for MIITW, so much gameplay! Every city is meaningful in this game and mod no just a village near a city that you forget until it is attacked. Congratulations to its developers and modders.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; November 30, 2014 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    pre-ordering is for beta testers.
    Truer words words have not been spoken. This is how I feel about pre-ordering stuff like this; I rather let someone else get the kinks out.
    In today's world, online patching is easy offering little incentive to present a finished product.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    pre-ordering is for pro bono beta testers.
    I took the liberty of correcting it for you... Anyhow, fully agreed...

- A

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The good
    • It's Total War.
    • It looks relatively cheap compared to R2.
    • It may be modded very well. Not to mention it's the last installment before the next era, so the best mods will probably be using Attila.
    • New game play systems (sieges, family tree, politics).
    • Vikings.
    • FLC.

The bad
    • I always get the "yuck... I got rick rolled" -feeling every time I press Play Rome 2.
    • Beta tester for 6 months - 1 year.
    • New systems are probably overhyped, just like many of the systems in R2.

• Too early for vikings.
    • More DLC than FLC, and the DLC's will retroactively restrict me from playing those "new" factions.

The Ugly
    • ...truth is that I can live without buying Attila entirely or I can buy it and not do much harm to me either.

tl;dr I don't know. It's not actually a huge deal either way.
    ~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    The good
    • It's Total War.
    • It looks relatively cheap compared to R2.
    • It may be modded very well. Not to mention it's the last installment before the next era, so the best mods will probably be using Attila.
    • New game play systems (sieges, family tree, politics).
    • Vikings.
    • FLC.

The bad
    • I always get the "yuck... I got rick rolled" -feeling every time I press Play Rome 2.
    • Beta tester for 6 months - 1 year.
    • New systems are probably overhyped, just like many of the systems in R2.

• Too early for vikings.
    • More DLC than FLC, and the DLC's will retroactively restrict me from playing those "new" factions.

The Ugly
    • ...truth is that I can live without buying Attila entirely or I can buy it and not do much harm to me either.

tl;dr I don't know. It's not actually a huge deal either way.
    ~Wille
    This here is for you!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    This here is for you!
    The amount of sodium from my tears.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12