Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Total War: ATTILA - Pre-Order & Release Date and Special Edition Announcement

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Pre-Order & Release Date and Special Edition Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    If the celts absorbed the Germans you would be speaking a Celtic language now. It doesn't matter how many of each ethnic group there were, the culture and language were more Anglo-Saxon than Celtic. Old Saxon and Old English were even more obviously German. Many of the Celts were killed by the Germanic tribes, so the difference in population isn't what you think it is anyways. That is why it became Angle land, Engla land and then England. I don't know why you insist so much on denying there Germanic heritage of the English. That doesn't mean you are of the modern German race, it just means you understand the history of England. And as i pointed out before the Britons of what would become England had already been conquered and assimilated by Romans, so they were already Romano-Britons. Celtic identify held out longer in what would become Wales and Scotland, but they were eventually largely Anglicized as well. Then Olde Englishe then under went partial Francization to give us modern English. The language with speak is largely Romance because of the effects of French and Latin. There is still a large chunk of Germanic words left as well, but there is little Celtic. There is more influence from Native Americans on the English language than Celts.
    because it gives him a hard on to think he is of the "first men" same reason everyone in america claims to be native american(not saying you're not, just taht everyone likes to cliam that, no matter how miniscule). just let it go man, everyone knows your right.

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Total War: ATTILA - Pre-Order & Release Date and Special Edition Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    because it gives him a hard on to think he is of the "first men" same reason everyone in america claims to be native american(not saying you're not, just taht everyone likes to cliam that, no matter how miniscule). just let it go man, everyone knows your right.
    I'm from Oklahoma, nearly everyone that has lived here several generations really is part native american. I realize a lot of people claim to be native american when they aren't but i am pretty sure that i am about 25% Native American. I realize it might be more or less than that, thats just my estimation from what i know about my family and looking at family pictures, but there is absolutely no chance that i don't have both Choctaw and Cherokee blood. 2 of my 4 grand parents obviously look Native American. My grandmother traced the family tree back to a Cherokee reservation in western Arkansas. I'm still very much mostly Germanic (probably 60-70%). We are all very mixed, no matter where you live really. I understand that i have ancestors from all over the world. They come from every continent except Antartica and probably Australia. I don't feel any one of them define me but merely contribute to my identity and i don't think my genetic or cultural background makes me superior to anyone else of a different background. I simply find it interesting. I don't engage people with different opinions to prove that i am right as much to learn more. I am going to follow up on links he gave me earlier and i'm sure i will learn something new in the process and have a better understanding than i did before. Even if someone is wrong overall, they can bring up valid points that they used to reach their conclusions. I have learned a lot on this forum and having similar conversations in other places on line and in person over the years.
    Last edited by texoman81; November 27, 2014 at 03:36 PM.

Hey CA guys, I'm just posting to tell you that you've made a typing mistake on your promotion artwork:

Because of Rome 2 I will never ever pre-order a game again.
    Sincerely thanks for that experience, CA !
    One question though: Will the special edition of Attila have bugs and flaws also ?

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

"...will receive Total War™: ATTILA’s first downloadable content for free alongside the game on release day."

Cut out day one DLC again? Sega/CA, why you keep doing this... We want to like you (Well CA, not Sega really...), we really do, you make it so hard tought. This for Rome 2.5 that costs 40 €, right after it took a full year to patch/finish Rome 2 which also had cut out day one DLC.

Pre-order bonuses aren't bonuses, they are threaths. "If you don't buy it now, we will penalize you.". It wouldn't be as bad if it would not be as patronizing as this, it is kinda insultting they treat consumers like idiots. "It's a gift!".

Anyway, don't get me wrong, this sounds more like what I hoped Rome 2 to be mechanics wise, I really hope the game is good. But you can count me buying this from heavy discount (assuming it works at that point), I'm done supporting bad publishers.

Also, this is a new title, right? Release date is february according to this, what happened to the whole "Future titles will have betas" thing?
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; November 29, 2014 at 04:10 PM.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Meh. I look at this and see TWR2 again. Same obnoxious pre-order bribe, same overpriced warscape game with gimmicky special effects.

Everything that's taken place since TWR2 was announced has drained the enthusiasm out of me for this series, which I used to be quite passionate about.

Now I don't even care enough to want to argue about it how crappy this is.

Maybe I'll re-engage if a new engine is announced next year or something.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have a immense backlog of PC strategy titles to catch up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette
    Hey CA guys, I'm just posting to tell you that you've made a typing mistake on your promotion artwork
    The graphics guy was busy photoshopping screenshots and he didn't have time to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu
    Sega/CA, why you keep doing this...
    Because idiots keep buying these garbage games. If it works, why change it?

Quote Originally Posted by Celtoi
    Will the special edition of Attila have bugs and flaws also ?
    Yes, but they will be special bugs and flaws, and you will have to pay extra to unlock them.

Ordinarius

Having been burned by Empire pre-order special edition, and seeing the game done right (Napoleon) I see the same thing happening here...

Rome II is Empire and Attila is Napoleon.

So release game for full price unfinished, check.

Release next game as proper finished game as previous game should have been, throw in some exclusive DLC and change up the period a little bit.

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Who in their right mind would ever pre order from you guys again?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678